Post Thanks / Like

Binding brakes?

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hello i am new here. i got myself a standard gt turbo that i have a problem with.

After a short bit of driving i notice that the front brakes are binding. the brake pedal then gets alot harder to press with very little movement and the front offside starts to make a squeaking noise.

when i have stopped and let everything cool they are fine again. any ideas what could be causing this problem? starting to get annoyed now.

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Binding brakes?

might be a sticking caliper, might be dirty brakes etc.. clean up and test by pushing the piston in..

Post Thanks / Like

I was told by the previous owner that the discs and pads were recently changed. As both front brakes are doing this is it possibly servo or master cylinder related?

I will take the wheels off and check the calipers.

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

he might have done a really sh1t job.. can you see the discs are new and not lipped? if so new pads might not be sitting flat on the worn discs.

if you sure somethings not right theres little point hanging about, rip it all of, clean up as you go, inspect everything, test all the calipers move freely..

you could have a problem elsewhere, but if someone played with your brakes last, id start there.. human error 99% of the time over failed servo, mastercylinders etc etc..

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like sticking caliper to me, not returning correctly after the piston has been pushed out. Poss the sliders siezed up abit of the piston itself.