South West Regional Rep Alastair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Solid top mounts - fitting

Has anyone got a diagram / photo of fitting the alloy solid top mounts from the group buy a while back? Just getting round to fitting mine after refurbishing the front struts and thought the top plates were on upside down! The top spring seat seems to be a little large to fit directly too. Still it was nearly dark and i am blonde!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Solid top mounts - fitting

Cheers Rob W, made it through by email mate! I'll try and upload it to the files section for others to use if needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alastair View Post
    Cheers Rob W, made it through by email mate! I'll try and upload it to the files section for others to use if needed.

https://www.rtoc.org/files/index.php?...nical%20Files/

Post Thanks / Like

I wasnt being so blonde after all, anyone remember who made these solid top mounts as i need a new sleeve making for the damper top.

Cheers
    Al

Post Thanks / Like

Are they the eccentric ones from compbrake? Do you have to modify the strut top?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alastair View Post
    anyone remember who made these solid top mounts...
    Not sure if they're the same as the ones you're referring to, but Duncan Grier had a batch of top mounts made up for rtoc members several months ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    Not sure if they're the same as the ones you're referring to, but Duncan Grier had a batch of top mounts made up for rtoc members several months ago.
    Mart, yeah I think that was the batch, I got them from another member who didnt need them. Anyway i needed to get hold of the manufacturer as the sleeve nut was the wrong dia and pitch. I managed to drill and re-tap them to fit - M14 by 1.5 for Avos - so no need to call them now, although i did find that the Avo coilovers i have had for ~2 yrs are suffering from a fair bit of corrosion. I was very dissapointed given they were zinc plated and guarenteed... still they have cleaned up ok with a couple of hours work and overnight de-rust.

Having had a good look at them i am now a little peturbed that they will remove about 30mm in total strut height, but i can alays raise the spring height to compensate.