Post Thanks / Like

HID lighting

i am wanting some hid lights for my gt but not sure which to go for as they varey in price loads any one on here running themany advice welcome

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HID lighting

I'm using HID lights from this company, good service, quick delivery if in stock. The chapis very helpful.

http://www.evobits.co.uk/index.php?r...tegory&path=66

I assume you just buy the kit to whatever bulb the R5 uses i.e H4, the other option is to choose what K rating bulb you'd like. I use a 4300k bulb as it's the closest to what Renault use, the next step up is 6000k which give off more of a blue tinge where as the 4300k are white blue. Personally i wouldn't go any higher than 6000k

Post Thanks / Like

Speak to J or Minty, i know they both run HID`s in the 5`s....Infact ive had to have both of them behind me all the way home from the Nurburgring, dont think i had any retinas left when we got home....Damn bright !!

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I run 6000k hid hi and Low kit fantastic, I also run white LED side lights and now run LED foglight bulbs not that the fog light bulbs are as bright as the OE.
    Last edited by James5; 31-01-2011 at 09:21.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adam 005 View Post
    i am wanting some hid lights for my gt but not sure which to go for as they varey in price loads any one on here running themany advice welcome
    use the 6000k ballast's bud .

Post Thanks / Like

ads i have had mine now for near on two yrs,no problems,just nice white light,i have to say i feel safer driving to,may sound daft,but when you get them an drive you will notice a difference in how you are treated on the road,99% of the time...

i got mine from here-

http://www.knightracer.com/shop/inde...tegory&path=42

but shop around as most kits are the same with different logo's etc on them...
    minty i think uses the same kit,and like me use morrettes which seem to work
    very well in a small light unit,not experienced them in standard light units,but i
    guess they would be a great improvement.

also i have the 6000's,anymore and i think imo you will stand out like a piece of
    meat at a vege party......aka the old bill,but take your choice..

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the 6000k (bright white) kit in OE headlights they are fantastic cost me £55 + postage from ebay UK seller they have slimine ballasts only took a few mins to install, very big improvement over OE bulbs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by James5; 31-01-2011 at 21:28.

Post Thanks / Like

just to add,mine came with the connector pins the wrong way around,took me a while to suss this,dummy here thought it was the light units an bulbs that needed adjusting....

basically i was getting high beam when it was on low an low beam when on high..