Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile phone upgradings, which 1??

Quote Originally Posted by MATT C Ringworm Tuning View Post
    Generally Vodaphone are s hit where i live. had to swap to O2 to get a signal.

i always think that the vodafone were the premiem of the networks but i think there **** i loose signal all the time!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessop View Post
    HTC Desire HD or wait til the new range of Android phones are announced in Q1 next year which will launch on 3.0 'gingerbread' version of Android.. which will be immense.

iPhone is too much money for nothing more than what the Android alternative offers, yet android generally offers more customization since its practically open source. iPhone does have more games yes but, Android is in its infancy in comparison, yet is growing faster.. so dont be suprised by the end of your 'to be' 24 month contract iPhones are NOT the bee'z nee'z lol.

Battery life is improved a lot with v 2.2 of android [available on most/if not all networks now] for the Desire.

I'd reccomend the HD though due to its superior camera and larger internal memory capacity which is greatly welcomed if you plan on installing a large array of 'apps'. Screen is brutally awesome too if you plan on using it to watch video's from time to time.

Also, while im here - iPad is also an epic FAIL - there's a £250 10.1" tablet Android device out now with dual CPU, loads of RAM and 2.2 android - upgradeable to gingerbread 3.0 when its released. Fraction of the price yet more powerful - BOOM!

Steve Jobs GTFO
    Nothing like a balanced view eh....lol.

I agree mainly but to anyone looking on it's worth noting that the Desire HD screen is 'brutally brilliant' in terms of its size but its not OLED and the resolution is not great. I was happy with mine until I put it next to my brothers early OLED screened Desire, d'oh. Plus it's the screen in the HD that's the cause of the battery life issues, ironically. However, I watched an episode of Southpark in bed this morning on it. Top. And it's ace as a SatNav.

The camera is great outside but I'm not so enamored indoors. Maybe I need to learn how to use its settings better.

I'm personally hoping for 1500amh batteries to be squeezed down in size in the next year or so to fit in the HD to improve life.

I'm also hoping that Gingerbread will be released on the HD given how many upgrades the Desire has been allowed over its lifespan.

The bottom line is the iphone stuff is restrictive and expensive and suspect in just as many (although different) areas as the HTC fare, but both are better than the Samsung offering. So for me it was an easy choice.

Post Thanks / Like

If you can handle part of the pack sticking out the rear: http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com...n-3200mah.html

They also do a tailored case for said battery, if needs must (scroll to the bottom of the page).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    If you can handle part of the pack sticking out the rear: http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com...n-3200mah.html

They also do a tailored case for said battery, if needs must (scroll to the bottom of the page).
    Hi Mart. No way that I'd go for something that was 'hanging out the back' of my phone, lol. However, the 1600mah version seems to suggest that it's a direct replacement and will fit without mods. Is this right? If so, for the HD as well do you think?

http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com...t/list/id/604/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scratcher View Post
    I got the Samsung Galaxy S 2 weeks ago. Much like an iPhone, but I find it easier to use and it has a bigger screen.
    It's got the android stuff so you can get all sorts of apps, the maps and navigation are pretty good too.
    at last . somebody has mentioned the iphone killer . the galaxy s . this is the phone on my list . i have the htc hd 2 which i do like alot . i have just got rid of my nokia n97, which by the way will be my last ever nokia i will own . so yeah mate skip the iphone . go for the samsung galaxy s or the htc , end of

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    Hi Mart. No way that I'd go for something that was 'hanging out the back' of my phone, lol. However, the 1600mah version seems to suggest that it's a direct replacement and will fit without mods. Is this right? If so, for the HD as well do you think?

http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com...t/list/id/604/
    From what I can make out, yep the 1600mah should be a straight swap. I think I could handle the chunky rear (for the 3200mah pack), given that should then mean 2/3 days use before requiring a recharge.

That's the only thing that pees me off with the Desire - The fact it needs charging every night