Post Thanks / Like

cut out on A610

Another odd one for you to mull over tech types .
    Car will start ,run and perform well for ages ,days in fact .Start,stop,start ,hot ,not ,long runs and short .
    Then all of a sudden and with no warning just die ,but will then restart will no trouble at all ,two cranks ,she fires up and off you go .
    Can't find any issues with the TDC or ignition module .ECU seems good and not getting hot .Fuel ? I would expect a cough or splutter but nothing .
    Ignition switch is my best guess ?
    Car was doing it long before I had it in for a clutch and sub frame refurb and has run for the past week with no issues until today when it's started doing it's old trick

Post Thanks / Like

Re: cut out on A610

Quote Originally Posted by clee View Post
    Another odd one for you to mull over tech types .
    Car will start ,run and perform well for ages ,days in fact .Start,stop,start ,hot ,not ,long runs and short .
    Then all of a sudden and with no warning just die ,but will then restart will no trouble at all ,two cranks ,she fires up and off you go .
    Can't find any issues with the TDC or ignition module .ECU seems good and not getting hot .Fuel ? I would expect a cough or splutter but nothing .
    Ignition switch is my best guess ?
    Car was doing it long before I had it in for a clutch and sub frame refurb and has run for the past week with no issues until today when it's started doing it's old trick

i had a similar problem years ago like this lee and it was just a loose connection on the live feed on the starter motor might be worth checking

Post Thanks / Like

Checked all wiring when the lot was out on the deck .Did a few repairs ,oil pressure sensor and Amal valve pipework .
    Nothing is loose .I ran it up on axle stands and wiggled all wires ,couldn't get it to cut . I will double check though
    Car is back with it's owner now ,only in Leicester so not too far away . Just trying to get a list of things to check so any suggestions welcome .

Post Thanks / Like

Checked all wiring when the lot was out on the deck .Did a few repairs ,oil pressure sensor and Amal valve pipework .
    Nothing is loose .I ran it up on axle stands and wiggled all wires ,couldn't get it to cut . I will double check though
    Car is back with it's owner now ,only in Leicester so not too far away . Just trying to get a list of things to check so any suggestions welcome .
    does it have an immobiliser mate

Post Thanks / Like

Yes .
    It has a key that you insert to disarm then remove .I left the key in place and also used as normal .It wouldn't die for me

Post Thanks / Like

open the fuel pump relay and check for a broken solder on the pcb

Post Thanks / Like

Yes .
    It has a key that you insert to disarm then remove .I left the key in place and also used as normal .It wouldn't die for me
    i had a dry soldered joint before on my key fob part of the immobilser and this would cause the car to cut out whenever it wanted to sometimes it would happen day after day other times it would last for weeks on end i think it would fail when driving as bumps in the road would make it not work if its not this i would probably look at what michael says on the fuel pump side of things

Post Thanks / Like

cheers
    I'll get him to put a new relay on both fuel and injectors Try all the cheap stuff first