Post Thanks / Like

clio v6 phase 1

i seem to come across a problem as my main head lights do not work i have tester the connections and have found no power coming too them, so ive checked the fuse and that is fine ime thinking it could be the relay that has stook and not allowing them to switch could anyone try send me a picture of a diagram of whitch one the main head light beam realy is as there are around 12 of them regards alex all help would be appreciated

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: clio v6 phase 1

See my post HERE

Get your head under the dash & look for a Salmon'y Bad Boy!

Post Thanks / Like

Easiest way is to get someone to operate the switch, and listen for the relay operating. If you hear it operating then you know the switch and the wiring on the switch side of the relay are good, then check for Battery voltage feed to the relay(aswell as the switched feed) once the switch is operated you should have battery voltage at both the main feed pins.

If the relay isnt operating, its going to be a bit more tricky to find the correct relay as im not sure off the top of my head.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Walker View Post
    Easiest way is to get someone to operate the switch, and listen for the relay operating. If you hear it operating then you know the switch and the wiring on the switch side of the relay are good, then check for Battery voltage feed to the relay(aswell as the switched feed) once the switch is operated you should have battery voltage at both the main feed pins.

If the relay isnt operating, its going to be a bit more tricky to find the correct relay as im not sure off the top of my head.
    Not strictly true....

The relay was operating on my car ok but the headlights wouldn't work. When I swapped the relay for another everything was fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats why i say battery voltage, if there is a difference then you have to find the voltage drop.

Post Thanks / Like

A difference of 0.5v or more and u have a problem somewhere. faulty relay bad earth bad connections faulty switch...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by renault5gtboi View Post
    i seem to come across a problem as my main head lights do not work i have tester the connections and have found no power coming too them, so ive checked the fuse and that is fine ime thinking it could be the relay that has stook and not allowing them to switch could anyone try send me a picture of a diagram of whitch one the main head light beam realy is as there are around 12 of them regards alex all help would be appreciated
    was there 12v at the fuse????