Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

speedo sensor???

anyone got a pic of where the speedo sensor is?is it in the gearbox or diff?wanna make sure all the conections on it are ok as my speedo says im doing 30 when im doing 60 seems to be just under half of what im doing most the time?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: speedo sensor???

its in the gearbox,drivers side,if you wish to get access to it best remove wheel,
    you will see a bracket that holds it in place.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

It's part of the speedo cable so just follow it to the gearbox, easier to see it from undernearth, mine is held in with a 7/32 allen head bolt.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

ok cheers il take the wheel off and have a look

Post Thanks / Like

It's down near the rear engine mount, where the mount bolts to the engine, on the drivers side. Check that it is pushed in and held securely.

If it is, try cutting out the join in the speedo cable, near where the standard airbox would be, and solder the 3 wires togther

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GanJaMan View Post
    If it is, try cutting out the join in the speedo cable, near where the standard airbox would be, and solder the 3 wires togther
    Is this quite common? My old cable had that done to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zinc View Post
    Is this quite common? My old cable had that done to it.
    Some peoples cables fail at this joint, other peoples seem to work fine and there are a few which don't even have this join in them, 1 piece cable from what i have seen.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm interesting! The one I fitted in place of it doesn't seem to work, trying to figure out if it's the cable or the clocks. Don't really fancy chopping the cable though.

East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, had problem that my clocks wernt reading, so changed lower section of speedo cable (includes pick up sensor) and still didnt work. Took clocks out, unscrewed actual speedo and had look at connections and little motor on side of clocks which had seized, put all back together and they worked, could well be the clocks as they are more prone to failing than pick up in gearbox where drivers side drive shaft goes into gearbox.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm swapped them with some different clocks and still no speedo, going to try to clean the connector on this one but then I guess I will have to chop it (either way it might be dead so who knows?) bought the cable off here ages ago and I doubt someone would sell a duff cable.

Can't see how you can get installation wrong either as it just slots in place.

Sorry for the thread hijack!