Post Thanks / Like

Rear number plate recess

I'm thinking about getting a shorter recess for my boot and was wondering what I would need to do, would I need 2 tailgates and one gets cut off the other to shorten the one that will be used? I won't be touching my current boot, but would I need 2 other tailgates to do this? And obviously won't be attempting to do it myself lol

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rear number plate recess

Quote Originally Posted by benj88 View Post
    I'm thinking about getting a shorter recess for my boot and was wondering what I would need to do, would I need 2 tailgates and one gets cut off the other to shorten the one that will be used? I won't be touching my current boot, but would I need 2 other tailgates to do this? And obviously won't be attempting to do it myself lol

You want to check out Philr5t project he has had his done and welded looks so nice in the flesh

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=8048

Post Thanks / Like

if i was you i wouldnt touch your car, especially to make mods like that. not sayin that its a bad mod cus its not it looks very euro but your car is way to mint to start cuttin and choppin up,

if you gota do it, use a spare boot lid and keep yours safe so you can return it to standard

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James5 View Post
    You want to check out Philr5t project he has had his done and welded looks so nice in the flesh

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=8048
    Yeh a noticed before it looks mint!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NayJ View Post
    if i was you i wouldnt touch your car, especially to make mods like that. not sayin that its a bad mod cus its not it looks very euro but your car is way to mint to start cuttin and choppin up,

if you gota do it, use a spare boot lid and keep yours safe so you can return it to standard
    I no what ur saying mate, but I said I wouldn't touch my boot I'd do it to a spare.. I don't no there's stil a few other things I need to do, was just an idea

Post Thanks / Like

Benj, its your car but take this advice LEAVE IT ALONE!!!

Enjoy it for what it is, a truly mint standard example.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MATT C Ringworm Tuning View Post
    Benj, its your car but take this advice LEAVE IT ALONE!!!

Enjoy it for what it is, a truly mint standard example.
    Cheers matt, Yeh I do love the standard look just a thought that's all, I wouldn't never change anything too much

you started on your sills yet mate?

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers matt, Yeh I do love the standard look just a thought that's all, I wouldn't never change anything too much

you started on your sills yet mate?
    Ha i currently have no sills or rear floor!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MATT C Ringworm Tuning View Post
    Ha i currently have no sills or rear floor!!!
    lol be all worth it in the end mate

Post Thanks / Like

speak to sean benj think he lives in your neck of the woods

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=100

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blick View Post
    speak to sean benj think he lives in your neck of the woods

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=100
    Cheers mate, does he have his own place? I'm sure I herd he did all the work on his 5? His tungy was class

Post Thanks / Like

think he works at a bodyshop.... know he does the work himself!

Post Thanks / Like

hi ben do you have a personal plate with less digits as the only reason i shortened mine was to suit the plate that i bought otherwise its not worth the hassle mate as it wont look right if you still have a 7 digit plate also remember the plastic at the bottom will need to be shortened as well mate

phil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by philr5t View Post
    hi ben do you have a personal plate with less digits as the only reason i shortened mine was to suit the plate that i bought otherwise its not worth the hassle mate as it wont look right if you still have a 7 digit plate also remember the plastic at the bottom will need to be shortened as well mate

phil
    Alright phill, iv got a 6 digit plate, I was just thinking of shortening the plate (B20ENJ) rather than ( B20ENJ ) yeh it seems like it would be a tricky job, don't think I'm guna do it now, but wen I get my front bumper repainted I think il get the plate shortend down I'm sure big steves raider has something like that it looks mint

Post Thanks / Like

Alright phill, iv got a 6 digit plate, I was just thinking of shortening the plate (B20ENJ) rather than ( B20ENJ ) yeh it seems like it would be a tricky job, don't think I'm guna do it now, but wen I get my front bumper repainted I think il get the plate shortend down I'm sure big steves raider has something like that it looks mint

ok mate i had the front bumper shortened as well to suit the plate, front is probably an easier job to do over the tailgate and yes you will definatly need 2 tailgates to do it properly

also mate i have modded and changed my car so much to try and make it suttle but a one off and i think with your car it would either need to be kept o.e as it looks so tidy or if you mod the car you have to go the whole way because to me and i maybe wrong but doing a few mods just dont look right (just my thoughts though mate ) what ever you do the car will always look good mate as its very tidy

Post Thanks / Like

ok mate i had the front bumper shortened as well to suit the plate, front is probably an easier job to do over the tailgate and yes you will definatly need 2 tailgates to do it properly

also mate i have modded and changed my car so much to try and make it suttle but a one off and i think with your car it would either need to be kept o.e as it looks so tidy or if you mod the car you have to go the whole way because to me and i maybe wrong but doing a few mods just dont look right (just my thoughts though mate ) what ever you do the car will always look good mate as its very tidy
    Cheers phil, yeh I no what you mean, I'm not trying to copy or anything it was just a thought, but yeh I'd probs prefer just to leave it how it is and have a few sets of wheels I can change about, but I do think what uv done looks great

There's quite a few things on my list, rebuild engine/paint block/gear box, paint engine bay/crossmember etc, retrim door cards, flock plastics, would like new windows as mine have a bit over spray and wiper marks on the rear window which is irratating

Also think wen the engines done I'm guna make the bay look oe again, get some black hoses, mebys even get the gt cooler painted satin black

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

mebys even get the gt cooler painted satin black

Don't do that Ben would look proper mincin wink wink hello sailor , leave it polished with new black hoses would look fantastic though giving it the OE appearance.

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers phil, yeh I no what you mean, I'm not trying to copy or anything

sorry ben i just read my last post and i didnt mean dont do it as its copying mate at the end of the day you can do what ever you want to do as its your car i just meant to mod a car go all the way if not keep it origional

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers phil, yeh I no what you mean, I'm not trying to copy or anything

sorry ben i just read my last post and i didnt mean dont do it as its copying mate at the end of the day you can do what ever you want to do as its your car i just meant to mod a car go all the way if not keep it origional
    Am hearin ya mate.. A don't no il mebys give it a go see what it looks like