Post Thanks / Like

advice regarding holiday and spending money

Ok folks, this is my first time abroad since i was young so i need some advice.

Im going to turkey, how am i best dealing with spending money. Should i exchange £100 to take into turkish lira or euro, and then leave the rest of my debit card to withdraw when im there or should i take the lost in cash?, i have a safety deposit box at the hotel (all inclusive). Also i have a credit card.

Any advice please folks.

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: advice regarding holiday and spending money

On a lads p!ss up we were robbed while we slept, or lay in a coma.. Keep your cards money and passports locked up or where they will never find them.

And don't think a sock or something they rob hundreds of holiday makers so the best place if your underpants while your wearing them.

Take 50/50, you might find you don't need your card.

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

Leave debit cards at home if nothing else. Credit card is fine ofcourse.

Post Thanks / Like

i watched something on the tv the other day and they was going on about money exchange, they was saying about the charges from debit cards better of using credit card as they dont charge as much. click on this link for better info, the bloke knows loads about money saving etc etc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/

Post Thanks / Like

where in Turkey are you going to? if you're going to somewhere around the south coast it's not as bad as Istanbul. It's nowhere dangerous as Brixton anyway

get some Turkish lira in exchange of £100-150 for spending money, if you try and spend Euros you'll get stung by the exchange rate.

and remember if you bargain good enough it's almost always you end up paying half the price

Post Thanks / Like

going to pop into my barclays bank, whom i have both the debit card and credit card with, and pretty much ask them exactly what costs are involved with both abroad ..

Going to exchange £50 over here for lira, then take the rest in stirling and exchance it out there as i go i recon.