Post Thanks / Like

Small hose connectors

Can anyone tell me where to get straight connectors, reducers and "T" piece's for all the small hoses etc in the engine bay? I need to re-do some of the pipes that have been put back on the car after the rebuild incorrectly.

Thanks in advance

Oh also, why would someone run a hose into the car (to a guage that is no longer there) from the same hose you run the vac feed to activate a dump valve? or has this been put back on to the car incorrectly? Just wondered, as i found a hose behind my digital clock and traced it back....

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Small hose connectors

In my last 5 I ran a pipe in for the boost gauge that sat where the clock used to be.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

alright mate i bought some from bob at cgb not so long back so try there and with regards to the vac pipe is probably from a boost gauge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Purple_rob View Post
    In my last 5 I ran a pipe in for the boost gauge that sat where the clock used to be.
    But for a boost guage I imagine you take the feed from the std boost guage in the clocks.......

What sort of guage would be used from the vac hose used to activate the dump valve?

Oh and can anyone tell me where to get the connectors?

Thanks

James

Post Thanks / Like

remove the clocks, cut the vac pipe on your standard boost gauge, leaving a bit of length, insert a t-piece, the run the vac pipe to the back of the new boost guage. this way, both will work, or just take off vac pipe on your standard guage and run it to the new one. yeah, bob at cbg or any local motorist spares shop for the connectors...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW View Post
    remove the clocks, cut the vac pipe on your standard boost gauge, leaving a bit of length, insert a t-piece, the run the vac pipe to the back of the new boost guage. this way, both will work, or just take off vac pipe on your standard guage and run it to the new one. yeah, bob at cbg or any local motorist spares shop for the connectors...
    When you say local spares do you mean ECP or GSF? or somewhere else?

Post Thanks / Like

i have cut the vac pipe that goes to my ecu, inserted i t-peice and ran that hose to my dump valve, hope thats right

Post Thanks / Like

Problem is, you're reading boost from carb top there, not manifold.

Post Thanks / Like

not gsf mate, when you buy a boost guage, you usually get a roll of it. local motorist accessory shop, autoparts etc..try them..if your struggling, call bob at cbg in the morning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J8TRO View Post
    But for a boost guage I imagine you take the feed from the std boost guage in the clocks.......

What sort of guage would be used from the vac hose used to activate the dump valve?
    the standard guage shows you the pressure carb top.
    the hose you have behind the clock postition would show you the pressure at the carb base, which is the best one to know probably.