Post Thanks / Like

White J plater on PH's....

As a few people know i'm on the look out for another GT...anyway i've been scouring the 'net and come up with a White J plater in Pistonheads.

Says the cars in Lancashire....

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1696849.htm

Does anyone know or recognise it and have any info on before I 'fire up the bus' and go and have a look??

Not over keen on the stickers myself....nothing a morning with the Mrs's Babyliss won't fix!!

Cheers,

Roj

Post Thanks / Like

Re: White J plater on PH's....

Tbf most 5s look clean enough in adverts but when u go look at it in the flesh they can be nothing short of complete dogs. Have a bloody good look around it paying major attention to the overall condition of the shell. 99.99995% of gt turbos now have rust at least somewhere so find as much as you can.
    Yes the graphics are indeed wrank but that should be the least of you concerns . Take a grand in cash and if you find it in acceptable condition wave it under his nose...he should take the bait.

Also it only has 3 months mot left. Your much better offering a good price with a fresh ticket put on it as this may save you hundreds of pounds if it needs structural welding doing to it to get it though it's new mot.

Finally if he has no previous mots I would take the milage with a pinch of salt

Non-member Pete@Backyard Racing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

its got a campus rad grill on it so, its probably had a front end impact, check pannel gaps especially around head lights. Check front crossmember and chassis legs m8. Dnt be afraid 2 walk away. personally i wudnt pay more than 1k looking at them pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers for the replies so far guys... I know my way round them and have emailed him a comprehensive list of questions and asked for more pics.

Wondered whether he fitted the grille to go with the stripey bonnet??

And as for the price...had around the £1k mark in my head....we'll see!!

Non-member Pete@Backyard Racing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

and dont let him use the j plate thng to get more £ out ov u because there not that rare. my e reg 5 is in better shape than my j reg 5

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pete@Backyard Racing View Post
    and dont let him use the j plate thng to get more £ out ov u because there not that rare. my e reg 5 is in better shape than my j reg 5
    Funny that...i noticed that on some of the later ones. My old D reg Ph1 was in a hell of a lot better nick than my mates H plate.

Also seems to be the norm on 21T's as well, i've never had any of my Ph1's rot out around the strut tops but seems all too common on Ph2's..

Perhaps the older ones were made properly!!

I've already hatched a plan to knock £100 for him keeping the dump valves! LOL!!

Post Thanks / Like

White js are where its at

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rogerreno View Post
    Funny that...i noticed that on some of the later ones. My old D reg Ph1 was in a hell of a lot better nick than my mates H plate.

Also seems to be the norm on 21T's as well, i've never had any of my Ph1's rot out around the strut tops but seems all too common on Ph2's..

Perhaps the older ones were made properly!!

I've already hatched a plan to knock £100 for him keeping the dump valves! LOL!!

Mate you need dump valves they Rock!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenobi View Post
    Mate you need dump valves they Rock!!!
    Yeah...but not poop GT Tuning ones!!! Standard Bosch recirc valve split in half with a shiny bit around the outside warrants the £300 price tag....NOT!!

If it works out I might have to dig out my old Forge one...

Post Thanks / Like

The buyer goes on about after market rubbish but nothing about mechanical condition and speedo not working aways rings bells to me. Check all the history to see whether you can work out the true mileage if it has any to back it up!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmac trasher - Nick View Post
    The buyer goes on about after market rubbish but nothing about mechanical condition and speedo not working aways rings bells to me. Check all the history to see whether you can work out the true mileage if it has any to back it up!
    That made me laff...I don't want his life story, just facts about the car.

But at least its got a bigger turbo and intercooler....don't say what they are though...

Post Thanks / Like

Where abouts in Lancashire is it situated?