Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

F1

Saw the race this morning, was pretty good lol

This being a car enthusiasts club and generally having collective Renault enthusiasts on board, I'm very surprised about no other threads regarding Alonso/Renaults performance today and previously.

I would have loved to have seen Hamilton get wiped out at the first corner...his 'I'll win at the first corner' attitude is going to bite him in the arse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: F1

Aye, Lewis has talked a good game for the last two seasons but always seems to suffer from a rush of blood to the head when it matters. Poor judgement time and time again.

I guess the reason F1 doesnt get much of a mention is that the whole sport, if that is the right word, is now plagued by politics, restrictions and FIA enquiries. The real entertainment disappeared many years ago sadly. Those of us who remember even the 80's and 90's and the likes of Senna and Prost will remember F1 in a completely different way.

So, although i remain a very big F1 fan, i can understand many people thinking of much better ways to spend an hour and a half of their lives, particularly at 5:30am!!

As for Renault, well they have benefitted from some good fortune in the last two races, certainly as far as alonso is concerned. To be fair, he did well to win both races that being said. Hes very consistant and the pace of the renault held off kubica and the BMW comfortably

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    This being a car enthusiasts club and generally having collective Renault enthusiasts on board, I'm very surprised about no other threads regarding Alonso/Renaults performance today and previously.

They're not Renault turbo's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The new Bill J View Post
    They're not Renault turbo's
    was tempted to put that myself! Now that WAS an F1 car!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Alonso is a cock, hence why nobody on this board bothers.

Hamilton is ace in my book. About time a UK sports person had some brashness as well as talent. You don't get to the verge of the F1 champoinship two years running with 'bad decisions time and again'. He would have been the first ever rookie champion last year. Who's ever been that close? Nobody.

Post Thanks / Like

Hit, nail, head.

Post Thanks / Like

The ****ing Ities have a payout scheme. Ferrari look at them selves in the mirror and love their greesyselves.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    Alonso is a cock
    Do you know him personally? Or just basing your view on the stories peddled by the British press?

Post Thanks / Like

People can form an opinion of someone else without knowing them personally.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    Do you know him personally? Or just basing your view on the stories peddled by the British press?
    Yes, he's a spic arse hole

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a big fan of Lewis. He has a fascinating, eye opening, talent behind the wheel, isn't afraid to take the odd risk now & then, and for sure has a victory laden future ahead of him, BUT, he needs to up the ante in the mature stakes & curb the schoolboy errors he's been making of late.

Controversial (!) transmission issues at Brazil aside, imho, he threw away the championship with the tyre shananigans at China. Some may say that was inexperience, fair enough, but he should've learnt from that, yet that doesn't seem to be the case.

I know it was a completely different scenario today, but it, again, highlights he's still not grasping the experience ladder with both hands. Quite why the feck he had to make that move to get 1st place at the first corner I don't know, but if he misses out on the championship again this year, and it's looking more possible with each sharky move he makes, this'll be another race he needs to look back on & kick himself up the ass.

As the old saying goes, to finish first, first you have to finish.

[/Murray Walker]

Post Thanks / Like

f1? pah! moving advertisements! much rather watch the old stuff on youtube

Post Thanks / Like

Hold on a minute... http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=44245

WHAT THE FECK?!?

Post Thanks / Like

They penalised the wrong fecking person!

Post Thanks / Like

FECK! what the whole thing coming to! whether lewis wins the championship now i just dont think massa deserves it if he wins it and its looking more likely massa will win it on technicalities, BULL mate BULL!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    Hold on a minute... http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=44245

WHAT THE FECK?!?
    thats just mad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    I'm going mainly on the interviews I've seen him give on the TV.

Granted that's still rather judgemental of me. I'll stick by what I said at this point though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    I'm a big fan of Lewis. He has a fascinating, eye opening, talent behind the wheel, isn't afraid to take the odd risk now & then, and for sure has a victory laden future ahead of him, BUT, he needs to up the ante in the mature stakes & curb the schoolboy errors he's been making of late.

Controversial (!) transmission issues at Brazil aside, imho, he threw away the championship with the tyre shananigans at China. Some may say that was inexperience, fair enough, but he should've learnt from that, yet that doesn't seem to be the case.

I know it was a completely different scenario today, but it, again, highlights he's still not grasping the experience ladder with both hands. Quite why the feck he had to make that move to get 1st place at the first corner I don't know, but if he misses out on the championship again this year, and it's looking more possible with each sharky move he makes, this'll be another race he needs to look back on & kick himself up the ass.

As the old saying goes, to finish first, first you have to finish.

[/Murray Walker]
    Agreed. He has to grow up quick. Well, even quicker. He's knocking on the door atm but it won't always be unlocked when he tries the handle. It's his to win at this stage but it wont surprise me if he does contrive to lose it again this year.

I think he's shown incredible maturity 'at times' during the early and middle parts of both seasons. If he's doesn't learn to become a 'clutch player down the stretch' though (as they say in the NBA), he'll be at risk of losing out at the last minute every year. That's the hardest part. Maybe he needs to go and spend a weekend with Michael Jordan
    Last edited by Trevhib; 13-10-2008 at 11:29.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5alldaway View Post
    FECK! what the whole thing coming to! whether lewis wins the championship now i just dont think massa deserves it if he wins it and its looking more likely massa will win it on technicalities, BULL mate BULL!
    FIA - Ferrari International Assistance

Post Thanks / Like

Neither of them 2 deserve it, I hope Kubica steals it!

Neither have been consistent, both making stupid ill judged mistakes, not the kind of form expected or required I'd say to become a World Champ.

You can get away with so much but the fact that neither has capitalised on each others cock ups says a lot!

Alonsos not a cock, hes comfortably the most skilled driver on the circuit at the moment. Look at Rennys performance after the first scheduled 'upgrades' that are allowed. He pretty much single handedly got the car to places in the races where it shouldnt have been. That says a lot about a man who moved to Mclaren to grab a 3rd World title but was ousted because of a certain rookie and team owner who decided it was a mistake taking him onboard!

And yes, Ron Dennis said that!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Alonso is indeed one talented cock.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    Neither of them 2 deserve it, I hope Kubica steals it!

Neither have been consistent, both making stupid ill judged mistakes, not the kind of form expected or required I'd say to become a World Champ.

You can get away with so much but the fact that neither has capitalised on each others cock ups says a lot!

Alonsos not a cock, hes comfortably the most skilled driver on the circuit at the moment. Look at Rennys performance after the first scheduled 'upgrades' that are allowed. He pretty much single handedly got the car to places in the races where it shouldnt have been. That says a lot about a man who moved to Mclaren to grab a 3rd World title but was ousted because of a certain rookie and team owner who decided it was a mistake taking him onboard!

And yes, Ron Dennis said that!
    ditto on the comment about alonso, also remember he beat schumacher to the title twice, i just dont think massa could of done that or hamilton(yet, but only time will tell)

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, i'd be tempted to give Kubica driver of the season so far. Anyway, not why im posting. I've found a little something to further spice up the thread

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,1895...310575,00.html

Post Thanks / Like

Up for Quali again then spooky!? What the hell went wrong with kubica!!!? And hats off to Vettel at this stage, great drive.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes mate, Im up lol

Vettel has been brilliant all season!

Surprised about the 'Pole, very surprised...still, its meant to ****ing piss it down on race day, should be interesting!

Also surprised about Piquet, he was looking good.

Come on Renault LOL

And I hope Lewis is 3rd or 4th on the grid after Q3, just to see where his head is when they are on the start grid attacking the first corner

Post Thanks / Like

if the last race is anything to go by, it'll be up his on arse lol! kimi.s next to him again too, can lewis handle it?

good lap from alonso there at the death.

Post Thanks / Like

OOOOOOO! Alonso 4th, he could take out both Ferraris AND a certain Mclaren

Post Thanks / Like

yeah will make for a good first corner tomo thats for sure. hey, and the race is at 8 which is much more sociable than last weekend!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I know, well, I didnt actually see last weeks race as I was fast asleep

I recorded it and watched it when I eventually woke up LOL

8am...more than enough time to get up, get myself a brekky brun and chomp while Im watching

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,1895...310575,00.html

Yeah, come on Alonso; you're about as likeable as was Micheal Schumacher when he deliberately took out Hill a few years ago to make sure he didn't lose the title. Toss bag.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont think Alonso is the only driver who would ''aid" Massa

His team mate was completely hacked off, not to mention Kimi, who would love to stop him taking his crown.

If he can get his ****ing stupendously large head into that helmet tomorrow, he may well get the title he doesn't deserve...

Post Thanks / Like

And why would Massa deserve it any more than Hamilton? Especially if he needs the rest of the grid to help him out?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

simply cant get why so many people like f1 the cars are slower than ever to many daft rules with a lot to be changed next year, no tyre warmers, limited down force on front wings, the computer limited to aid the driver up to 6 minutes during a race, fook all that, big rear tyres small front ones and danger! and about another 20 cars on the grid, oh yeah and no tits as owners ruining everything and getting there cocks sucked by the prancing horse brigade.

i watched spa breifly and that was brilliant a small amount of excitment mainly due to the face hamiliton who i think is plain weird, did some battling moves, and its was slippy, oh and look what happened oh your deducted your win as you tried to actually race, no thank you we dont need that here says bernie.

get them back into the 80's cars and see who's the best then

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ross99 View Post
    the computer limited to aid the driver up to 6 minutes during a race,
    what on earth does that mean?

Tyre blankets are not banned next year.

And despite all the regulations they still get faster, OK, next year's aero changes will seriously hamper things, but they'll look better without all those sticking out bits (the tall narrow rear wing looks odd, but high noses looked odd when they first appeared)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

yes blankets are banned as of next year there's a site with the new regs on it i looked i can recall what the computer thang does but it aids the driver doing something and its been limited to 6 minutes a race i'll try and dig out the link

Post Thanks / Like

get them back into the 80's cars and see who's the best then
    You're really not keen on safety are you Ross

Post Thanks / Like

You're in the wrong job Andy

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i am about my own although health and saftey is one of the things making us like the yanks hence ruining our contry, i dont give a monkeys about the muppets that sit in those cock pits, fair enough i cant do it, but i dont have a daddy to pay for all my lessons from the age of 6 months, however they get paid a small fortune to race, all they really do these days is steer!

how oftern do you see them take there hands off the wheel?

the cars are concurrent with speed due to the computer gizmo's take them away bring back a gear stick and see how they get on them.

if you want to see computers racing then get an xbox, i want to appreciate someones actual skill not microsofts hardware.

Post Thanks / Like

yes blankets are banned as of next year there's a site with the new regs on it i looked i can recall what the computer thang does but it aids the driver doing something and its been limited to 6 minutes a race i'll try and dig out the link
    if you want to read about the rules you have to look at the FIA website, not any old crap written by journalists.

http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.nsf/90D889BE20961303C1257483004B8AC0/$FILE/1-2009%20F1%20TECHNICAL%20REGULATIONS%2011-07-2008.pdf

http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.nsf/EAC2585AB885FDDCC1257483004B3147/$FILE/1-2009%20F1%20SPORTING%20REGULATIONS%2011-07-2008.pdf

open up the 2009 sporting regulations and do a search for "blankets"

and that computer thingy you're moaning about is KERS - Kinetic Energy Recovery System. Nothing much to do with computers, although it is computer controlled - much like everything.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL

its not like andy would know about what the regs are for next year is it

personally i'm not a great fan of lewis, when he first arrived i liked him, he kepts his head down and let his driving do the talking, no matter what happened, then......he opened his mouth (abit like me!!) and now.............. well lets just say i cheer when he gets it wrong!

I like massa's style, but he's not taken advantage of everything that has come his way, ok some of that might be the teams fault but......

Alonso had proved he can race again! and with the right thinking and fuel, he's getting a car that perhaps isn't quite ready, to the front! fair play to him,.... he may be a cock but he's still a good driver.

Kimi has just spent too many hours doing tag heur adverts this year and his driving has suffered! i personally rate him as my best driver out there.

Kubica, i think this year deserves the title! mainly because he's always there or there about. just just a shame that his car isn't a little faster!!

but just think back to when Schumy was as big headed and stuck up as lewis! i'm sure we all hated him then! (oh ok he was German too...)

To me, Lewis will never be a Mansell, Brundell, Blundell or Hill as he isn't the true "british racer!" but in todays F1 maybe thats not the attitude that you need! (waits to get shot for that comment)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

ok andy points well proved

neither here nor there as far as i'm concerned, a driver is employed to drive, to his best ability and at the cars maximum potential, not a computers designated desings and peramiters, just my personal opinion, thats real racing!

Post Thanks / Like

ok andy points well proved

neither here nor there as far as i'm concerned, a driver is employed to drive, to his best ability and at the cars maximum potential, not a computers designated desings and peramiters, just my personal opinion, thats real racing!
    what you have to understand about racing is it's about taking the car to the very edge, corner after corner, lap after lap, without stepping over the edge. It doesn't matter how fancy the electronics are if you press the brake too late you will crash, and if you press it too soon you will be slow.

Now, you've probably heard journalists moaning that the cars are easy to drive with traction control for example, the reason why they say this is because they can't drive. Give a Journo an F1 without TC and he'll jump on the throttle too soon and spin off to the scenery, mentioning how good the brakes are, and how tricky the car is to drive. Give him TC and he won't spin out when he gets on the throttle, and will comment on how good the brakes are, and how much easier it is to drive with TC. F1 drivers don't spin out when they get on the throttle, they know how to drive. If an F1 driver spins coming out of a corner he's probably had a "TC" failure - normally seen at times when TC is banned. When a racing driver crashes it's because he got the braking/entry wrong.

Basically all this talk of this or that makes it too easy to drive is bunkum, the limit is the limit, and if you go over it you crash. Ye canna change the laws of phyics Jim http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=M3k_Cg...eature=related

Post Thanks / Like

Moggy, we need to sit down and have a chat, I think I love you

Post Thanks / Like

eeerrrr

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

what you have to understand about racing is it's about taking the car to the very edge, corner after corner, lap after lap, without stepping over the edge. It doesn't matter how fancy the electronics are if you press the brake too late you will crash, and if you press it too soon you will be slow

my point proved there thank you, brake and steer! whhooooooooooo

its not racing its simply do what the car tells you to do, c'mon be serious you think a car telling you when to change gear, and traction control and all the other gizmo's is real racing do you!!!!!

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

F1, etc, is about winning, not racing.

If the cars were as easy to drive as you erroneously misbelieve then anyone and everyone would be within the same 10th sec every qualifying, Q1 and 2 anyway.

There would never be a gap between team mates, there would never be drivers way ahead in the championship. No-one would ever spin off, etc, etc.

They no longer have traction control.

Post Thanks / Like

my point proved there thank you, brake and steer! whhooooooooooo

That's like saying that because of all the electronics in a Eurofighter Typhoon, the pilots don't need any skill or ability. Did you know that it's such an unstable design (required to allow it handle like it does), it's not possible to fly the damn thing if the computer fails (as it's the computer that keeps the plane balanced).

Sure, driving an F1 car is hardly as taxing but it's a similar principle.

An Andy says. Bum cum. Or some such

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah know all about the typhoon, out dated heap of multi national junk. roll on the jsf.

my simple point, is and i'll make it again to be super clear, 80's cars where race cars , modern day cars are computer assisted and crap, and i'm spent, i wont be swayed, i'll go all politician and change the subject any time i'm prov3ed wrong its my personal opinion. and f1 is bloody boring hence why the big wigs are taking points from here there and trying to drag out a boring race series. oh sorry not race series as there not supposed to race there supposed to win.

Post Thanks / Like

anyone else fall asleep

when racing was this boring a few years ago everyone was shouting for Schumy to retire!!! but lewis hasnt' even won anything yet!

on a lighter note! anyone know where i can watch the Brazil race without having bias' lewis supporters talking us through everytime he takes a breath!?

Post Thanks / Like

Ross - you sound like a woman having a cyclic moment. (No offence Dawn). I think the problem one or two of us have with your opinion sometimes; isn't that you have one, it's that they aren't really based on anything solid.

Moggy - Try Rio.

I don't see how any of this is Lewis Hamilton's fault. And if Kovalienen was any good, Hamilton would have already won the championship.

We've gone from LH hasn't got the bottle, and then following a perfect display, to - this is boring as f*ck. I do agree though, it was a procession.

So what about Andy Murray?