Post Thanks / Like

wont go into gears

last few days ive been struggling to get my car into gear sometimes, not all the time, its like im not pushin the clutch in far enough. today it wouldnt go into gear at all, then the pedal went all floppy, its had a new clutch cable a few weeks ago but ive checked it anyway and its not that so has anyone any ideas please??

Post Thanks / Like

Re: wont go into gears

press the clutch pedal in fully, get someone to look at the clutch fork on the gearbox to see that your getting the full range of movement.

You say its had a new cable, i bet it wasnt a genuine Renault one ?? Pattern ones snap / stretch for a pastime.....could be a stretched cable ?

Post Thanks / Like

no it was a cgb heavy duty one, when i push pedal in now its like the cable aint there or has snapped, ive tried pullin it from both ends and it hasnt pulled through so it hasnt snapped. theres no weight to the pedal at all, could it be somethin to do with self adjust sysem or pedal??

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking the self adjuster. Mine didn't work so it needed holding back at the top whilst pressing the pedal to the floor. Then the ratchet clicked away and took up the slack. If that makes sense?

Post Thanks / Like

yeah its more than likely the self adjuster can be a bit fiddly, make sure there are min amount of turns on the clutch cable routing get someone to hold the fork back and then you adjust it at the pedal....if all else fails drop it down the unit and i will have a looksy

ian

Post Thanks / Like

ill give that a go guys, ive had a mess already but no joy, ill get i down to you ian sunday if i dont sort it but could do with a chat regardin that fmic, im only round the corner from j8tro

Post Thanks / Like

Could be your adjuster, if your cable snaps again dont buy an uprated cgb one, mine lasted 2 days then i bought a genuine replacement.

Post Thanks / Like

tried that, it was grabbin hold right at the bottom of the pedal movement then letting go, really dont no whats up with it

Post Thanks / Like

cgb heavy duty.....
    not a reno one then?

Post Thanks / Like

yeh mate

Post Thanks / Like

its fiddly but you can adjust the pedal manually, i used to do it everytime i started, u have to keep your foot on the pedal and not let it all the way out otherwise it backs itself off again, try get your adjuster to lock in about half way down, itll take a bit of fiddling but you should get it.