Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

paint shop

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Any one no of a good body shop around the bristol area, or surroundings that will take on my 5 for a back to metal respray i cant find a shop that wants to take it on... I dont get it ive done most of the hard work its completley stripped just a rolling shell

South West Regional Rep jesus in the seat of a 5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: paint shop

Quote Originally Posted by 5turbo View Post

Any one no of a good body shop around the bristol area, or surroundings that will take on my 5 for a back to metal respray i cant find a shop that wants to take it on... I dont get it ive done most of the hard work its completley stripped just a rolling shell
    mike try this guy, top work @ good prices , tell him , matt with the blue phase 1 sent you, derek , tel no , 07770751328, nr weston, cheers , matty...

Post Thanks / Like

By bare metal job do you mean all paint off inside and out and underneath? Or just exterior?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rs250nut View Post
    By bare metal job do you mean all paint off inside and out and underneath? Or just exterior?

we need a link to that place that dips the car, coats, then paints.... BILL COME ON

Post Thanks / Like

Retired

Post Thanks / Like

Dipped, painted and finished I reckon your looking at £6000+ without any welding that needs doing. These lot will dip the body shell and panel set plus primer for around £1500 the last time I enquired

http://www.surfaceprocessing.co.uk/C...storation.html

Post Thanks / Like

I dont get it ive done most of the hard work its completley stripped just a rolling shell
    Sorry mate, but you're sadly mistaken. Most of the hard work in a respray is prep

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

i wasnt going to dip the shell as it seems good and solid underneath was just going to re undersill. so it would be engine bay and exterior and door shuts etc i'll give that guy a bell in western thanx lads

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriC View Post
    Sorry mate, but you're sadly mistaken. Most of the hard work in a respray is prep
    Too true its a lot of work to fully re-paint a car inside and out. One of the reasons I stopped painting cars, people are willing to spend loads of money on a engine re-build but wont shell out the toot for a proper paint job. " I will do it for £4000 " "well my mate said he will do it for a £1000"