Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Rear Discs

Can someone confirm for me just to make sure I am not wrong here. Bought some rear discs off ebay to fit my 89 5 GT Turbo. Was listed as fitting 1.4 120bhp C1J, from mid eighties to mid ninetees, so that a 5 GT Turbo correct ?. Also said it fitted the 1.7 R5 as well, all 5's with discs, not drums, from this era use the same one's dont they ?. Anyway discs have no where to fit the bearing and have the two holes to fit the torx screws so these sound like fronts for something or another, not my car as there solid not vented. So is all this correct or was some other varient fitted to the GTT or other models of 5 around this time ?.

Cheers
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rear Discs

Sounds like you been sold some standard campus front disc's if they are solid with holes for torx screws.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rear Discs

Thats what I was thinking, Just thought I would confirm for my own sanity. Strange thing is that the part number on the box is correct for my car according to the manufacturers website so I suspect at some stage the wrong discs have been put into the box.