Post Thanks / Like

driver seats

hi folks, headed up to derby for some bits today off a member from here (wasted trip) and we had a bit of a disagreement regarding the driver seat, the front seats he had in his car both had the reclining handle on the right hand side, which ment the seat in the drivers position had the handle next to the drivers door, anyway he went on and said that every r5 he has had and all his mates at cgb have always had the reclining handles on the right hand side

just wanted some to confirm whether im right or wrong cause its been a very long time since i got rid of my broken drivers seat so i dont exactly remember which side it was on but i was sure it was on the handle was on the left hand side

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: driver seats

Think he was right, how else are you to get in the back seat with the handle in the middle???

Where as if it was on the drivers side, one swift pull of the handle will allow you acces to the rear...

Post Thanks / Like

hmmmmm im sure as hell the reclining handle was in the middle(left hand side) as for the lever that lifts the whole seat up and forwards is next to the door(right hand side)

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You could be right... where was the handle that lifts the seat up?

Post Thanks / Like

If you are refering to the seat back adjustment handle, they should both be in the centre of the car above the exhaust tunnel, next to the seatbelt buckles.

Post Thanks / Like

lol i didnt check that bit! i was too concerned about the reclining handle being in the middle

im looking up on interiors on pistonheads but no luck so far as the pictures dont show the area i need to see, can someone with a 100% oe r5 step forwards and give me an answer please

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tobester View Post
    If you are refering to the seat back adjustment handle, they should both be in the centre of the car above the exhaust tunnel, next to the seatbelt buckles.
    the man! gold star and blue peter badge on the way over

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Else its difficult to adjust the seat due to the door cards, some people put passenger seats in the drivers seat side because they are normally easier to find in good condition.

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

You can more the handles, but no five minute job, I have been meaning to do it on a seat for a while now!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phase i 16 v turbo View Post
    You can more the handles, but no five minute job, I have been meaning to do it on a seat for a while now!!!
    You still going to do that on the raider seat I sold you? Gather no luck finding a drivers seat.

Post Thanks / Like

When a passenger seat is fitted to drivers side the handle hits the doorpocket if you try & shut the door when it is tilted forwards.

Post Thanks / Like

mine are both on the outside to

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    You still going to do that on the raider seat I sold you? Gather no luck finding a drivers seat.
    Still looking! I will get round to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Given the rarity that the back-rest is adjusted, does it really matter which side the handle is on?

If the seat itself had been mint, it would've still been worth getting, imho.

In fact, if anyone has a mint ph2 red flick seat for sale, drop me a PM please

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I had kept my mint seat of red fleck seats. Sold them for £150 in the end. They came out of a car with less than 20k miles on the clocks then shoved up the loft for years. That did look rather nice

But if you get a chance with a mint set of seats grab them, they dont come up often and when they do they go for a lot of money. Or if you can find mint set of raider seats, let me know, I have a small catch in the drivers side about 5mm in length but might see if they somebody can patch that up.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive got a mint condition red fleck drivers seat next to me, migth make it into a computer chair

Post Thanks / Like

Feel free to drop me a PM Brigski, if you want to help a fellow northern/southerner on tour rtoc'er

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    Wish I had kept my mint seat of red fleck seats. Sold them for £150 in the end. They came out of a car with less than 20k miles on the clocks then shoved up the loft for years. That did look rather nice

But if you get a chance with a mint set of seats grab them, they dont come up often and when they do they go for a lot of money. Or if you can find mint set of raider seats, let me know, I have a small catch in the drivers side about 5mm in length but might see if they somebody can patch that up.
    the chap did have some nice seats, but his attitude put me off to be honest and i wouldnt want to put parts from his car on mine

Post Thanks / Like

name and shame!! lol

Post Thanks / Like

any idea if you can graft the campus subframes onto the turbo seats ? would that not solve the problems ?

Post Thanks / Like

From what I gather it's the seat back adjuster not the levers to tilt the seats forward to gain access to the rear as iirc there is one either side of the seat, where as the back adjuster as already said should both be to the center of the car and are part of the seat so changing subframe won't help