Post Thanks / Like

Big up David Haye

Anyone see the boxing, bit of a slow fight, but glad he won..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big up David Haye

Tune in to the other thread... im sure you will find your answer...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    Tune in to the other thread... im sure you will find your answer...
    Aye but it's lost amongst the betting garb

David Haye, what a man. Currently d/l the fight from Utorr despite knowing the result.

Possible broken right hand in the third so he kept the real bombs for the last round where he could throw a bit without worrying it might end his chances (through retiring injured), and nearly knocked the fecker out! His legs went a bit which has never happened before. Haye says hitting the Russian's head was like hitting stone.

Bring on John Ruiz.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Respek due!

Post Thanks / Like

was pretty surreal seing a 7ft giant dance after david had given him a nice punch...

good work david haye

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to be honest, I thought the fight was a load of ****e, the Russian was awful, but at least he was looking to fight, I can't see how David was so confident at the end he barely threw a punch until the 12, just ran around the ring waving his chin about, I think he should of done a bit more imo, I don't think either of them deserve to be champ! Haye has skills though and is real talent, good luck to him from now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wrightygtt View Post
    I'm going to be honest, I thought the fight was a load of ****e, the Russian was awful, but at least he was looking to fight, I can't see how David was so confident at the end he barely threw a punch until the 12, just ran around the ring waving his chin about, I think he should of done a bit more imo, I don't think either of them deserve to be champ! Haye has skills though and is real talent, good luck to him from now.
    FAIL

He did enough, if he had of gone in gung hoooo he would have been killed in 3 rounds.

Haye showed he has stamina, and actualy hit many good shots...

Saying this i was ****tying bricks as i didnt think he had done enough, and i would have spanked my pockets....

Post Thanks / Like

It was crap to watch, from an "action" point of view. From a boxing point though, Haye did perfectly, as the result proves.

Plus, as Trev said about, he damaged his hand in an early round, so he didn't want to risk having to retire through injury by lamping that 7ft brick wall repeatedly.

It is a shame that the heavyweight division is so crap at the mo though

Post Thanks / Like

Fail, yourself Jrp, we obviously saw a different fight even the commentators didn't believe he'd done enough, only my opinion of course. After all the build up of Haye running his mouth about knocking him out, I was dissapointed that is all. Hayes corner imo gave him the thought he was doing better than he actually was. Like I said goodluck to him from now though as he does have real talent
    Would an early Tyson stick to those tactics, would he fcuk he'd get in there and take him out!

Post Thanks / Like

Fail, yourself, we obviously saw a different fight even the commentators didn't believe he'd done enough, only my opinion of course. After all the build up of Haye running his mouth about knocking him out, I was dissapointed that is all.
    Re read what i said, i said i didnt think he did enough so i was watching the same fight, but he did more than that 7ft retard

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was a cr8p fight as well. Another belt fight decided on points David vs Goliath my ass

Post Thanks / Like

Fail, yourself Jrp, we obviously saw a different fight even the commentators didn't believe he'd done enough, only my opinion of course. After all the build up of Haye running his mouth about knocking him out, I was dissapointed that is all. Hayes corner imo gave him the thought he was doing better than he actually was. Like I said goodluck to him from now though as he does have real talent
    Would an early Tyson stick to those tactics, would he fcuk he'd get in there and take him out!
    How can you compare tyson to hayes... 2 totaly different fighters.... ohhh dear, ohhh and tyson in prime, untouchable... but remember the screw was never even tighten into his head.

Post Thanks / Like

he nearly did knock him out in the 12th. He performed well, but tbh his opponent was just big and MIGHTY slow. Im not saying id wanna fight him, but if i was hayes size and had his punching power and for the couple of million or w/e hes going to earn id go in that ring.

Haye was a lot faster and he hits a lot harder (hence his name hayemaker). Haye has an almighty punch as proved against enzo macrenelli. Tbh i think haye could have knocked him out but both boxers were a little bit scared to go in full (more haye than valuev). Its a shame he didnt go for the knock out sooner because he could have easily carried out what he 'predicted'

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not comparing Tyson to Hayes, what i'm saying is Tyson was a proper champ he went for the kill, asserted his dominance that imo makes a heavyweight champion!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not comparing Tyson to Hayes, what i'm saying is Tyson was a proper champ he went for the kill, asserted his dominance that imo makes a heavyweight champion!

even tyson would have hung back abit though. thing is the giant barley landed a solid blow.. he kept hitting air...

Id mark out if we got a chance to see tyson go at it with the giant... id pay good money for that... would be a massicre

Post Thanks / Like

aii, true, I'm not going to lie when I saw them in the ring touching gloves, I was actually bricking it for David, the size of his head, my goodness the most entertaining part of the fight for me was when Haye went back to his corner after each round and his trainer would peek down his shorts and say beautiful beautiful keep it up lmfao

Post Thanks / Like

agreed 10000000000%

Post Thanks / Like

been saying the same myself! tyson talked the talk & walked the walk,haye's a ****ing disgrace,all this im gonna smash him up talk,then he ran away the wimp!

Post Thanks / Like

Instead of the I'm going to mash him up talk, Haaye should of said "What i'm going to do guys is prance a round the ring for a bit, back away for bit let this guy do all the work while I look like a wally by winding my kneck out, then i may throw a combination in the 12" if he had said what his real tactics were, he could of won his world title, I would of saved £15, maybe catch a bit of match of the day, everyone would of been happy, instead like a plum I got sucked into the media hype

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

any good links to some of the fight yet, i looked earlier and found nothing..

Post Thanks / Like

Haye was top form!

He was at a major dissadvantage, 6stone down, something silly like a 7/8inch reach dissadvantage. He couldnt just go in there like any other fight, he did what he needed to do, move and block eveything that slow giant had to give him, then when he got the chance he punched strong and accurate and connected.

Some good stamina aswell, haye spent the entire fight going round the outside of the ring geting out the way of everything, all the giant did was stay in the middle, haye must have covered 4times as much distance

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I must admit I thought Valuev had the win by a point or two but I'm glad the judges didn't see it that way! Haye certainly through the best punches albeit only a very small number of them (well it was a heavy weight fight I suppose!)

At the end of the day Valuev has won far too many fights by split decisions/point.....I actually thought Holyfield beat him last year. The guy is not a quality boxer he's just very hard to fight being so big.

Bring on Ruiz........then the real test starts for Haye - the Klitchikos!

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Haye fought a good fight considering his injuries. If he hadn't busted his hand and elbow, who knows, the big dude would have more than likely hit the canvas.

On a side note though, Haye was lucky the judges scored the bout like a amateur bout as you can't win fights at pro being negative.

Bring on the Klitschko's.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous dave View Post
    any good links to some of the fight yet, i looked earlier and found nothing..
    you tube round 12

Post Thanks / Like

There are some comments on here that are seriously short-sighted and lack any boxing nouse/understanding, both in terms of the techincal and the pyschological elements.

The only negative thing Haye can be accused of under the circumstances that have unfolded over the last few weeks is being somewhat ungracious directly after winning the fight. He should have actually gone over to Valuev afterwards to show some due respect. What he said on the mic wasn't enough.

I also happen to think Valuev is a likeable character who does what he can with what he's got (and very effectively). He was more mobile than I was expecting. It aint pretty or exciting but what's the lad going to do? What would you do if no-one could beat you in a boxing ring?

For what it's worth, I think Haye would have knocked him out, or at least down, if he hadn't damaged his hand early on. That's never been done. It didn't happen though and we have to see what he brings against Ruiz and then the Klitchko's. He showed new skills, proved his stamina and I for one am interested in what else he can do. If nothing other it provides some impetus to the dreary division.

Those who want to see the fight, it's available as a torrent.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was a good fight myself.. good tactical move.. doesn't make sense to just stand there and get hit by that gargantuan

..look forward to the next fight!

Post Thanks / Like

On a side note......The Pacman is fighting Cotto this Saturday on Sky Sports 1 - that should be a good fight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    There are some comments on here that are seriously short-sighted and lack any boxing nouse/understanding, both in terms of the techincal and the pyschological elements.

The only negative thing Haye can be accused of under the circumstances that have unfolded over the last few weeks is being somewhat ungracious directly after winning the fight. He should have actually gone over to Valuev afterwards to show some due respect. What he said on the mic wasn't enough.

I also happen to think Valuev is a likeable character who does what he can with what he's got (and very effectively). He was more mobile than I was expecting. It aint pretty or exciting but what's the lad going to do? What would you do if no-one could beat you in a boxing ring?

For what it's worth, I think Haye would have knocked him out, or at least down, if he hadn't damaged his hand early on. That's never been done. It didn't happen though and we have to see what he brings against Ruiz and then the Klitchko's. He showed new skills, proved his stamina and I for one am interested in what else he can do. If nothing other it provides some impetus to the dreary division.

Those who want to see the fight, it's available as a torrent.

Cheers for your input, agreed I for one don't have the boxing nouse/ understanding etc, but I want to see knock outs, excitement, for my money, thats why I paid for that fight, it was quite evident that wasn't going to happen from the first round regardless of Hayes buggered hand in the 3rd. I just expected more punches to be thrown, quick fire combos to the body then out again. Like I said Goodluck to Haye he's got real talent and should dominate for years to come, however our country has a history of building people up.

Post Thanks / Like

If that's what you're looking for you ought to tune in on Saturday.......

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers for your input, agreed I for one don't have the boxing nouse/ understanding etc, but I want to see knock outs, excitement, for my money, thats why I paid for that fight, it was quite evident that wasn't going to happen from the first round regardless of Hayes buggered hand in the 3rd. I just expected more punches to be thrown, quick fire combos to the body then out again. Like I said Goodluck to Haye he's got real talent and should dominate for years to come, however our country has a history of building people up.
    I hoped for exactly the same thing as you, but it was quite obvious from before the fight even started that the likelihood of those things happening was negligible.

You should have researched the match-up before paying-up. Valuev fights have not equalled excitement in 16 years.

As Alex says, keep an eye on Manny and I'd say, Haye vs Ruiz.