Post Thanks / Like

Alternator wiring

Ive had an issue last few runs with battery light comin on, tested voltage at battery with meter an with engine running only get 12.5V which to me is far too low. Now thing is i got brand new loom from k-tec an the brown plug on top has yellow an purple wires going going into, now i hav never touched this but hav the purple wire closest to engine an yellow nearst slam panel when brown plug is correct pushed in, im led to believe this is wrong way round, cud it hav been made wrong? Anyone please?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alternator wiring

Sounds wrong mate, put it the other way round. The yellow wire is the 12v feed for the regulator in alternator, purple is for the dash light
    Last edited by Markey Mark (BD); 29-09-2009 at 20:31.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same thing with a new loom from Renault.

Post Thanks / Like

how come tho, the loom was new anyone had any trouble before with these being made wrong cause plug will only go in one way?? Also if that is wrong what else could be wrong on a so called new loom, what does the sensor under carb do mine has two purple wires running to it that come out of loom before perc fan sensor, they dont run in parallel like some people say they do on here an if shorted out like perc fan sensor over turbo doesnt start the fan up like when i short out turbo sensor.
    Last edited by Jonny5; 29-09-2009 at 20:40.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes mate, there have been afew cases of renault putting the wires the wrong way round into the connecter on new looms. You should have yellow closest to the engine