Post Thanks / Like

5GTT Brake system & other bits

Any help v much appreciated

Been trying to work out where/what might be missing on the system. The advert said the servo need connecting but I'm stumped (doesn't take much but want to learn)

Full internal copper system which appears to be all intact from pedal through to all calipers and the 2 reservoirs pictured. What I can't see is where in the system, any connection would be made to the servo and where the fecking servo is! (Have searched but not found anything remotely servo like on the car

From pics below, can anyone help me out?

top of brake pedal

Brake bias adjuster

2 blanked off pipes which I'm assuming would go to the servo??

Final pick, where should the blanked off pipe running toward the near side from the carb go to??
    Last edited by Blot; 03-10-2009 at 17:55.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 5GTT Brake system & other bits

The final picture with the blanked off part in the top boost hose would normally run into the ant perc fan plastic housing, would not worry too much about re-fitting that to be honest, i used to have mine blanked off the same until i fitted a FMIC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrows View Post
    The final picture with the blanked off part in the top boost hose would normally run into the ant perc fan plastic housing, would not worry too much about re-fitting that to be honest, i used to have mine blanked off the same until i fitted a FMIC.

Great, ta Arrows

Post Thanks / Like

And the one on the carb top would normally go to the rear actuator port/T'd from the metal pipe coming off the turbo elbow.

2nd to last pic': The pipe on the left goes to the brake servo, the pipe on the right is for the breather circuit. I'm guessing you're running a Cup'esque breather setup though, hence why that pipe is occluded.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    And the one on the carb top would normally go to the rear actuator port/T'd from the metal pipe coming off the turbo elbow.

2nd to last pic': The pipe on the left goes to the brake servo, the pipe on the right is for the breather circuit. I'm guessing you're running a Cup'esque breather setup though, hence why that pipe is occluded.
    Cheers Mart, that's part of the problem, don't know what the set up is/was/meant to be at mo a journey of discovery again....