Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where are my messages?

Quote Originally Posted by andybond View Post
    Was not very good or were good ?

Nat day way epic. Loved it.

The folks that went to pod loved it as well.

Lots of work by the committee on those. I know Big Steve has an oar in for that and needs to be congratulated.

was a fantastic event.

Post Thanks / Like

Define RifRaf ?

People who dont agree? People who are perceived to have done something ? People who did their own thing ?
    Ask the people from rtof im just quoting the first line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nottswoody View Post
    Ask the person who posted that on rtof im just quoting the first line.
    EFA.

Post Thanks / Like

or try to understand or move things on Phil ?

Post Thanks / Like

Discontent and breakaways have happened a number of times before. The only reason this one has any additional gravitas is because the handful of malcontents who've done all the stirring, make up a slightly larger % of the membership base, purely by virtue of the fact the club is smaller than it was.

That's not to say change/refreshment is not healthy or required in places. Just not in this fashion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post

That's not to say change/refreshment is not healthy or required in places. Just not in this fashion.
    Good afternoon Trev , you doom merchant

Could Sir suggest a more acceptable method other than vocalisation via the boards ?

Genuine question , curious that you could , could not be in agreement but would do it another way.

Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon.

I did not suggest vocalisation via the message boards was unacceptable. The axiom runs as follows (and this isn't directed at any individual here): It's not what you're saying it's the way you're saying it. Swap in the word 'doing' for 'saying', for a similar affect.

Also, was suggesting that if past events are an indicator of future outcomes, then the club will survive. There's no doom there, in fact it's more the opposite.

Post Thanks / Like

The problem is andy I think you may be missing the point is whats starting to annoy members is the constant moaning and threads like this and thats the members telling you that in this thread? Pm me mate with what you want to change just list them and I will post them on the committee board and then get back to you. This thread has taken over the live page for two days the committee are working hard at the moment that I can assure you we are discussing loads of things

Post Thanks / Like

lots of words then this one popped out on me : axiom
    Where the hell did you learn that word from ?

I have googled it and the result is here

Understand your point though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    The problem is andy I think you may be missing the point is whats starting to annoy members
    Hi Chris ,

thanks for the feedback.

The ideas that have been wanted by not just me , but a lot of people have been published. They are in a thread over there ( points to the feedback board ) but nowt appears to be happening , or stuff really , really slowly.

Slammed66 ( Ross ) has put up a thread with whats being discussed ( and cheers for that again ) but its not enough.

We need to move on a rate of knots. Move whilst the iron is hot so to speak. Look at the resources around us , Trev , apart from being a merchant of doom and dropping words in sentances that I have no idea is a IT bod. There must be people with a plethora of talent in this club.

I fear my time maybe wasted on producing a new list on what is desired as it will be treated in the way the last one was. Starting out with good intention , and ending up with a small amount of information.

One thing I might dare to say though, is I feel the committee needs to look at being voted in rather than recruiting from within.

Unfortunately until I am silenced ( banned / closed threads ) I will bring up these points. The majority of people wont speak up. They darent I will. I have nothing to loose. I just want to see the club evolve and prosper. In its current guise I dont think it will.

Post Thanks / Like

Where the hell did you learn that word from ?

I have googled it and the result is here

Understand your point though.
    The google result for Axion is interesting.

The word I used, axiom, is as here mate:

axiom (ˈæksɪəm)
    — n
    1. a generally accepted proposition or principle, sanctioned by experience; maxim

To be honest with you, the word I actually intended was maxim but axiom is ok, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, 'lots of words' is what constitutes a message board.

Post Thanks / Like

The google result for Axion is interesting.

The word I used, axiom, is as here mate:

axiom (ˈæksɪəm)
    — n
    1. a generally accepted proposition or principle, sanctioned by experience; maxim

To be honest with you, the word I actually intended was maxim but axiom is ok, lol.
    So in a nutshell, i copied and pasted the wrong word , but you used the wrong word anyway ?

Post Thanks / Like

Also, 'lots of words' is what constitutes a message board.
    I read your point , I was being pedantic ..

Ultimately then you didnt say what people should be doing.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately until I am silenced ( banned / closed threads ) I will bring up these points. The majority of people wont speak up. They darent I will. I have nothing to loose. I just want to see the club evolve and prosper. In its current guise I dont think it will.
    Amen to that.

It's stuck in the mud, I have a spade, Andy has some sand and Mart has some cheese sandwiches, but what we need is the chump at the wheel to engage 4-wheel drive, low ratio and stamp on the gas.

God I love analogies!

Post Thanks / Like

So in a nutshell, i copied and pasted the wrong word , but you used the wrong word anyway ?

You copied and pasted the wrong word Andy, though I'm not sure how that's possible. I didn't use the wrong word since they are synonyms so it was correct for the conversation and context. It just wasn't what I intended. Why do you care about this?

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL485 View Post
    God I love anal!
    Ah at last. The truth between you and Andy is out

In all seriousness though, you won't be banned for voicing an opinion in an appropriate manner. Likewise threads aren't locked for the sake of it or to just shut people up.

Post Thanks / Like

You copied and pasted the wrong word Andy, though I'm not sure how that's possible. I didn't use the wrong word since they are synonyms so it was correct for the conversation and context. It just wasn't what I intended. Why do you care about this?
    I bet at work you are a bundle of fun. I was trying to make light of the situation. Obviously I failed.

Apologies Trev. As you were.

Post Thanks / Like

I read your point , I was being pedantic ..

Ultimately then you didnt say what people should be doing.
    So you read my point but didn't understand what I'd written.

This is great

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slammed 66 View Post
    I am the postman.

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

I am the postman.

Post Thanks / Like

So you read my point but didn't understand what I'd written.

This is great
    No Trev , you said

Quote Originally Posted by TrevhibMerchantofDoom View Post
    The axiom runs as follows (and this isn't directed at any individual here): It's not what you're saying it's the way you're saying it. Swap in the word 'doing' for 'saying', for a similar affect.
    In those words you mentioned you didnt actually say what you would do ...

Post Thanks / Like

I bet at work you are a bundle of fun. I was trying to make light of the situation. Obviously I failed.

Apologies Trev. As you were.
    We all have styles. Some are less universal and less well understood than others. That's part of the problem on RTOC I imagine. Ooh, we came full circle!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andybondMrPedantic View Post
    No Trev , you said:

"It's not what you're saying it's the way you're saying it. Swap in the word 'doing' for 'saying', for a similar affect."

In those words you mentioned you didnt actually say what you would do ...
    No but in posting the maxim I made an implication about the 'saying' part.

As for the 'doing'. I've made many points and suggestions on similar threads.
    Last edited by Trevhib; 10-01-2014 at 15:21.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I better own up, I was going to message adey & find out what the 'other' site was called. This thread popped up and then there was no need, in a rather backward move by cm's the 'other' site has been openly advertised for everybody to see/find.

I'm also confused as to why a suggestion from Ian s has ended up dividing the 'active members', ideas were being asked for with regards to the website, I will look for it if required but basically it read along the lines, use a back up to redesign Rtoc, making it more reliable & cheaper to host/manage. a simple yet effective forum was created using info from Rtoc to show what can be achieved.

We now have childish he said this, he said that and accusations of ip theft.

All it really shows is both sites are as bad as each other, both sides in agreement that the way a site is run ultimately decides the moral of the boards and something needs to change.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

In all seriousness though, you won't be banned for voicing an opinion in an appropriate manner. Likewise threads aren't locked for the sake of it or to just shut people up.
    I disagree, looking back over the last few months, I have never been abusive or used inappropriate language.

I am the postman.

No but in posting the maxim I made an implication about the 'saying' part.

As for the 'doing'. I've made many points and suggestions on similar threads.
    Stop flirting with him before I get jealous

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL485 View Post
    I disagree, looking back over the last few months, I have never been abusive or used inappropriate language
    I never said you had Dave? Also you've recieved no infractions etc so I don't see your angle here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gtmatt View Post

Post Thanks / Like

Andy, Dave

Could you please pm me the threads you are talking about with constructive feedback relating to the club?

The members
    I think we need a new topic on Rtoc main boards asking what the members expectation of Rtoc is with regards to the club, event and the committee. The thread will state we are looking for constructive feedback and any post with statements like " this is crap but with no justification or reasoning will be removed" to a locked but visible thread.

This discussion with the members wil be acted on and also a mass email to all members with a link so everyone gets their opportunity to speak.

The conversation will need to be frank and open from the members if it is to achieve any positive outcome.

All we are doing in thread is going round in circles and we need to agree on the expectation of the members and what they want from the club. We will get this thread up and running ASAP.

Regards
    Chris miller

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I never said you had Dave? Also you've recieved no infractions etc so I don't see your angle here
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. I refer to posts and threads deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Andy, Dave

Could you please pm me the threads you are talking about with constructive feedback relating to the club?
    I'm afraid not as most have been removed. We made numerous offers of help and offered advice although it got tangled up in the furore, and accusations/flaming of me being this other Dave (which I am still not, I might add).

I can give you a reference on one post that was removed (at my request as to not clutter up the committee actions thread), as an example (Ross I hope you don't mind me part-quoting your PM)

Quote Originally Posted by Slammed 66
    Hey Dave.

Thanks for your input.

I didn't want you thinking that I've just deleted your post. I've actually moved it to the relevant topic on the committee boards.
    I also refer you to the Club Calendar thread, which was a nice respite from the shenanigans, you can also search my posts if you wish to examine my general board conduct which should be, AFAIK, quite reasonable.

On top of that, if you want to seek permission of the senders, i'm happy to share private messages between me and those CM's who will respond when messaged.

Post Thanks / Like

Andy, Dave

The members
    I think we need a new topic on Rtoc main boards asking what the members expectation of Rtoc is with regards to the club, event and the committee. The thread will state we are looking for constructive feedback and any post with statements like " this is crap but with no justification or reasoning will be removed" to a locked but visible thread.

This discussion with the members wil be acted on and also a mass email to all members with a link so everyone gets their opportunity to speak.

The conversation will need to be frank and open from the members if it is to achieve any positive outcome.

All we are doing in thread is going round in circles and we need to agree on the expectation of the members and what they want from the club. We will get this thread up and running ASAP.

Regards
    Chris miller
    Thank you for doing this. I have a few ideas as a relative new member but had no idea where to post them for fear they would just get swallowed up in a thread. Will the moderators ensure that this new thread is kept neat and tidy, so that just members ideas are posted? If it degenerates into another argument, member's ideas will just get lost.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Thank you for doing this. I have a few ideas as a relative new member but had no idea where to post them for fear they would just get swallowed up in a thread. Will the moderators ensure that this new thread is kept neat and tidy, so that just members ideas are posted? If it degenerates into another argument, member's ideas will just get lost.
    Hi Mr Hammer.

There is a loverly clean thread in the website feedback section ( I think. ) it has all the ideas in there. You will note the thread is a few months old and we can't see a great deal of movement.

You don't think per chance that somebody maybe has suggested politely and than got a little more vocal all these points because of frustration and despair.

Chairman miller : I cannot post the links , as Dave pointed out , they have been edited to areas that I cannot get to.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mr Hammer.

There is a loverly clean thread in the website feedback section ( I think. ) it has all the ideas in there. You will note the thread is a few months old and we can't see a great deal of movement.

You don't think per chance that somebody maybe has suggested politely and than got a little more vocal all these points because of frustration and despair.

Chairman miller : I cannot post the links , as Dave pointed out , they have been edited to areas that I cannot get to.
    Cheers bud, I just never know the right place to post anything

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

"Restricted Member" Status #2

For reasons stated in the other thread, you are now a "restricted member" which means you have limited access to the site.

The other alternate would have been a ban but we decided against that option.

Regards
    Chris miller
    The committe
    OK, so because I messaged all of the people who showed some interest in Sangliers telling them that my future updates would not be posted on the RTOC but elsewhere I cannot now buy some parts for my car through the classifieds section??

Feels like a little bit of an over reaction to me.

So what exactly does my £15 Membership entitle me to now???

I await your response.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: "Restricted Member" Status #2

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve - Raider View Post

So what exactly does my £15 Membership entitle me to now???
    [ed209] You have twenty seconds to comply [/ed209]

I shouldn't jest.
    Miller this is beyond a joke, why are you alienating core membership to protect a committee that are failing the charge you left them with? You cannot deny that is true because otherwise you wouldn't be back here, and an alternative site wouldn't have been started.

Are you prepared to ban us all for no other reason than vocalising discontent?

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Big Steve - Raider;360766

The way i see it, with all that went on over the past few days Steve, your actions have been taken to be poaching members/rocking the boat, however you want to look at it. It may not have meant to be this way but it's how it looked then.

But i'm not on the committee so i don't know what they think.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5teve L View Post
    The way i see it, with all that went on over the past few days Steve, your actions have been taken to be poaching members/rocking the boat, however you want to look at it. It may not have meant to be this way but it's how it looked then.

But i'm not on the committee so i don't know what they think.
    That's what I'm trying to understand 5teve... Anything I add to the RTOC is my own IP so how can I be accused of stealing it from here??

I was just saying that I was not going to update the thread anymore on here, just moving the discussion.

Post Thanks / Like

There's nothing in the classifieds at the moment Steve so don't worry, but there is a ktec front mouth intercooler for a 5gtturbo ending on eBay in just over an hour.

Worth a punt

I hope I'm not redirecting people to a competitor??

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScottKinnear View Post
    There's nothing in the classifieds at the moment Steve so don't worry, but there is a ktec front mouth intercooler for a 5gtturbo ending on eBay in just over an hour.

Worth a punt
    It's not from a Dodgy Geezer in Guilford is it?!

Post Thanks / Like

It's not from a Dodgy Geezer in Guilford is it?!
    Dodgy yes but definitely not a geezer!!! Oh wait I think that was supposed to be the other way round!!

Post Thanks / Like

The more I read the more I get upset.
    We have 3 members on restricted access for reasons amounting to very little.

We have a committee that are now aware of the discontent.

We as members are going to have a voice via the thread that the committee will start.

So a good point a few bad points. I understand the need to act, but can I suggest re instating full access and issue warnings to the 3 musketeers.

They do pay for the site and have done for years. Please re think your decision.

Iam glad this looks to have got somthing moving so theism moaners are happy, maybe the ship will stay upright.

Now please committee respond to me here or via pm. Thank you.

Scotland Regional Rep youngscottie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Andy, Dave

The members

Regards
    Chris miller
    Can I make a suggestion
    Can we have a separate board for internal power struggles that is not viewable from the live window?
    This way the average car enthusiast can come here and enjoy the club
    Rather than read the constant(last few years) shite we've had to suffer while egos fight it out

Please stop this the club is loosing its appeal to the guys that count

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    The more I read the more I get upset.
    We have 3 members on restricted access for reasons amounting to very little.

We have a committee that are now aware of the discontent.

We as members are going to have a voice via the thread that the committee will start.

So a good point a few bad points. I understand the need to act, but can I suggest re instating full access and issue warnings to the 3 musketeers.

They do pay for the site and have done for years. Please re think your decision.

Iam glad this looks to have got somthing moving so the moaners are happy, maybe the ship will stay upright. Maybe it can become the car club I once joined and was proud to be a part of.

Now please committee respond to me here or via pm. Thank you.
    edited

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I'm trying to understand 5teve... Anything I add to the RTOC is my own IP so how can I be accused of stealing it from here??

I was just saying that I was not going to update the thread anymore on here, just moving the discussion.
    It may have been a bit knee jerk, maybe some of the committee saw it as a possible loss of alot of members overnight & panicked ? Especially with Mart deleting all his posts as well in the events ?? & Adey starting his new site & the content issues ... add that all together & it possibly came to all this ??

I understand you added your own things to the events etc. & you should be able to do as you will, but it looked like you were jumping ship & had taken all details off RTOC & put them onto RTOF, so why do you care about whether you have access to RTOC anymore, or is it the £15 ?
    I for one was gutted & saddened to see ND on the same day as Sangliers, I thought it was poorly thought out, but I can see why the FCS could be for the good of the club rather than a 'jolly' to Sangliers.

Post Thanks / Like

It may have been a bit knee jerk, maybe some of the committee saw it as a possible loss of alot of members overnight & panicked ? Especially with Mart deleting all his posts as well in the events ?? & Adey starting his new site & the content issues ... add that all together & it possibly came to all this ??

I understand you added your own things to the events etc. & you should be able to do as you will, but it looked like you were jumping ship & had taken all details off RTOC & put them onto RTOF, so why do you care about whether you have access to RTOC anymore, or is it the £15 ?
    I for one was gutted & saddened to see ND on the same day as Sangliers, I thought it was poorly thought out, but I can see why the FCS could be for the good of the club rather than a 'jolly' to Sangliers.
    Steve, no content issue. I approached off my own back rich to ask, I saw both forums working.. Theft was not even a thought on my mind. Hence trying to do it in correct fashion.

Sorry everybody my nieveaty made things worse.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    Steve, no content issue. I approached off my own back rich to ask, I saw both forums working.. Theft was not even a thought on my mind. Hence trying to do it in correct fashion.

Sorry everybody my nieveaty made things worse.
    I give up.

South West Regional Rep jesus in the seat of a 5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

finally...the voice of reason....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jesus in the seat of a 5 View Post
    finally...the voice of reason....
    Jesus, can you heal the RTOC massif ??

Post Thanks / Like

Jesus, can you heal the RTOC massif ??
    One more thing , I would like to see me win the lottery. But aside from that if you "reinstate" the ones that have had the chop that would be a good move.

Really , I think the world is big enough for THREE WHOLE renault turbo clubs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post

Such a facility WOULD be useful as when I was deleting spammers 7 days every week,
    Ian , have you got any anti spammer signup plugins on ?

Take a peek at these : might make your life easier ? There are naturally better versions in later software but these are what I can find in 3.7

this one

This one is excellent

Another