Post Thanks / Like

Knock sensor

When removing the knock sensor on a phase 2 do you need to frig, or link together any pins the aei unit? On my phase1 (no knock sensor as std) it has what appears to be a link in the aei where the knock sensor would plug in if it had one, it seems to be linking 2 of the pins of the connector together, is this correct?

ta

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Knock sensor

Yep, for the ph1 aei it's normal to have that connector looped. On ph2 aei's you can simply leave the knock sensor unplugged...or you can ground the aei connector to give 4 deg's (or around that figure) less of ign' throughout the rev range.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    Yep, for the ph1 aei it's normal to have that connector looped. On ph2 aei's you can simply leave the knock sensor unplugged...or you can ground the aei connector to give 4 deg's (or around that figure) less of ign' throughout the rev range.

Cheers Mart, how do i ground the connection then, im guessing i take one of the pins to earth? if so which pin?

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. Can't for the life of me remember which pin it is now though. Not that you want to run that much retard, unless you're got NOS plumbed in, or running a higher c/r.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    Not that you want to run that much retard, unless you're got NOS plumbed in, or running a higher c/r.
    Oh no, i dont wanna run retard at the mo', just asking out of interest, for future reference and to have some answers/advice on the thread for anyone in the future that searches 'knock sensor'.
    Cheers pal

Post Thanks / Like

pull the plug out of the ph1 aei. mine had one and one of the pins was earthed. think it was to do with unleaded modification back in the day....?