Post Thanks / Like

testing shocks.?

ive just removed the shocks from my 460 turbo and im wondering how i can test these while there off the car?
    the shock dont have any visable leaks etc but seem a little easy if you get me??

i can push the shaft donw with minimal effort, it take a little more effort to pull the shaft back up though?

also while on the subject, does anyone happen to know of a cheap GAS filled shock available for the 440/460 turbo?

i dont want to be throwing alot of money at it!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: testing shocks.?

When you push it down it should go down smoothly with no jerking. Dependant on its damper rating and wether its gas or fluid, it may slowly come back up unaided.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MATT C Ringworm Tuning View Post
    When you push it down it should go down smoothly with no jerking. Dependant on its damper rating and wether its gas or fluid, it may slowly come back up unaided.
    well ive noticed the shaft wants to go down slowly by itself too it does this smoothly though. there std oil shocks.

sod it anyway! the turbo brick can have a set of new gas shock

has anyone ever tried kyb (kayabe) shocks? i hear good things about them!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

kyb are good shockers m8, put them on a few cars, had a set on the wifes megane coupe years ago, really good

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyDicky View Post
    kyb are good shockers m8, put them on a few cars, had a set on the wifes megane coupe years ago, really good
    ah ok the guy at the local parts place told me that kyb are part of the toyota group and all shocks are made only by the automated machines never by hand! now i dont know what that means in terms of shock reliability but the chap also said through out there trading life theyve nver had a faulty shock brought back...... i think ill give them a try