Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: National Day 2009!

Best national day to date

A big thanks to those who made this possible includeing Miller, Stu and the gang.

The Sturday evening was great and at last it seems that most people got together thanks to Big Steve for reeling us in. this was possibly one of the highlights of the weekend.

On the track my Scooby didn't die and seeing all the retro's blatting around / past me this has brought me new inspiration to get mine sorted ASAP, it will not be missing a 3rd year.

Officially - Paul B has a bit of grey matter missing - Thanks for the laps.

Big thanks to Oli's Mrs who sorted me melon out on Saturday after a mungus migrain - top work lass.

Great to see other cars attending that we would not normally see.

Oli - sideways action was all under control.

Can't wait for the next official RTOC event.

TNT Andy

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent weekend had by myself

The cup cars first outing went ok, got half a day of laps in, before the thing dumped its oil everywhere then started a strange missfire

Still, massive thanks to Brigsy for the use of the LM 1 and for setting up my carb , also to Nick Kettle for the oil + other bits, also to Big Dan + team and Mike for the odds and sods

Really good to see the usual good mates + also meet some new

Kris

East Midlands Regional Rep Os8472's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dave-sbs View Post
    surprised you think your car is'nt good enough to win 3rd in show ollie , its a stunning all round car which is what the top 3 cars are judged on
    Good job I didn't have the bonnet off when they were judging then, its a complete mess of oil and randomness under there lol

Still I think there other cars finished to a much higher standard, my interior for example just gets abused, I never hoover the thing out and there was even a MaccyD's wrapper in the boot lol

East Midlands Regional Rep Os8472's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNT ANDY View Post
    Big thanks to Oli's Mrs who sorted me melon out on Saturday after a mungus migrain - top work lass.

Great to see other cars attending that we would not normally see.

Oli - sideways action was all under control.

Can't wait for the next official RTOC event.

TNT Andy
    Yeah she is the best ain't she.

Under control? you sure about that lol

Post Thanks / Like

another good nat day!thanks to the members that lent me tools.
    some good drivers on the track
    my video camera wouldnt record on my mount,because of the vibrations,but we recorded one holding it,battling with an m3.very shaky!!my linkage bar comes off at the end,so it was game over then..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bRlbDuzNMc
    i have some good pics on the way soon

Post Thanks / Like

2 great nights ,1 brilliant day,lots of friendly funny people wot more can you ask .mart loved the chair laughed all most as much as seeing andy's mystery machine on track . thanks 2 all for a great weekend looking forward to the next one

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robw View Post
    another good nat day!thanks to the members that lent me tools.
    some good drivers on the track
    my video camera wouldnt record on my mount,because of the vibrations,but we recorded one holding it,battling with an m3.very shaky!!my linkage bar comes off at the end,so it was game over then..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bRlbDuzNMc
    i have some good pics on the way soon
    just seen the mystery machine on track again lol

Post Thanks / Like

Yet another cracking RTOC National Day.

A massive thanks, and well done, to everyone involved. From the organisers, to the circuit staff, to the members who went, to the scaffolders who provided the firewood (without knowing ).

Roll on next year

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rat1 View Post
    just seen the mystery machine on track again lol
    3 times no less

Post Thanks / Like

Top day, thanks to all that organised the event

After spectating last year I made up for it this year with track attack

Well chuffed to win the bodywork and paint award..... its sat above the fire in my lounge.

Felt well guilty as I was driving Shavers car when 4th gear decided to errr.......go! However it was bloomin awsome before it did! We did manage to get back at a reasonable time today thanks to the trusty AA........"yeah we were on our way to Mallory me AA man there's a bike even on today............."

Oh also thanks to the master for his advise......."yeah, its ****ed"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jesus in the seat of a 5 View Post
    Did anyone get a pic of the coupe?..on the track or in the paddock as my battery died on the the camera...just wonderd?...
    https://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php...pictureid=8053

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent weekend away!!! Now home unpacked, fed and watered. Many thanks to all that made it another great event!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you all had a really good day.

Hopefully i will be able to make next year

South West Regional Rep jesus in the seat of a 5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

cheers tones...

South West Regional Rep jesus in the seat of a 5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

cheers james...

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TNT ANDY View Post
    Best national day to date

A big thanks to those who made this possible includeing Miller, Stu and the gang.
    Hear Hear!!! top day once again my 2nd and definately the best yet!!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wreelybro View Post

Hear Hear!!! top day once again my 2nd and definately the best yet!!
    same from me n all

Post Thanks / Like

It was the first time seeing ND from a Committee members view and I had an awesome time myself. Didn't get out on any pax laps as Adam broke his car and was doing sign-ons and the shop (and was just chatting too much, lol)

The evening was spot on too, ended up getting to bed at 5am after some awesome chats with new people to me and some old faces too.

One of the funniest parts of the night for me was when I was telling someone about how Duncan barrel-rolled down the hill earlier on, then just as I said "....and then Duncan rolled down the hill", I turned around to see him rolling down it again. It was as if we had practiced it!

After that I was tempted to say "...and then Dawn won millions on the lottery", but doubted it would have worked

Top weekend guys and it was nice to meet some of the newer faces too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D4WNO View Post
    One of the funniest parts of the night for me was when I was telling someone about how Duncan barrel-rolled down the hill earlier on, then just as I said "....and then Duncan rolled down the hill", I turned around to see him rolling down it again. It was as if we had practiced it!

I have never seen one person fall down the same hill, so many times, in such a short space of time!

Post Thanks / Like

You didnt push him did you Dawn ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The new Bill J View Post

I have never seen one person fall down the same hill, so many times, in such a short space of time!
    I managed to capture one of his chair incidents on camera, unfortunatly it was too dark to get a good one of him falling down the hill-

Dunc, what had you done to piss gravity off so much? it really had the knives out for you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kris M View Post
    You didnt push him did you Dawn ???
    PMSL I did have a few moments of the world rotating

Still feel rough today lol

Thanks god Kris M stole my last 8 cans off me think I should stick to shandy

Felt ok but balance was not working, must be fatigue..................glad it amused, getting the grass stain out my jacket may not be as easy lol

Post Thanks / Like

My 4th nat day and best yet! Had a great day and the 5 done me proud 105miles on track 550 all round trip and never missed a beat
    Love it

Post Thanks / Like

"One of the funniest parts of the night for me was when I was telling someone about how Duncan barrel-rolled down the hill earlier on, then just as I said "....and then Duncan rolled down the hill", I turned around to see him rolling down it again. It was as if we had practiced it! "

"someone" ?!?! im offended lol.

That somebody was me

However.. the statement was true - was actually hilarous !!
    Last edited by Jessop; 17-08-2009 at 17:17.

Post Thanks / Like

PMSL, I actually wrote Jessop to begin with but then couldn't remember if Jordan was there at that point in the evening yet.

I also just remembered the moment when Stu asked Jaffa to "move the wooden plank into the fire about 6 inches". Then Jaffa proceeded to move it along about 1 inch...Stu said "mate, if you think that's 6 inches...haha"

There were some awesome moments in the wee hours, thinking about it now really has me giggling to myself

Post Thanks / Like

yeah that 3-5am session was funny, those scaffolding boards were a treat on the fire, loads of heat and lasted ages, im sure adam will agree they were worth the hand full of bird**** he got

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, absolutley lovely, Stu. The one part of the board you didn't shine the torch on happened to be where I clamped my hand around a 10x2 inch layer of bird ****

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome ladies and gentlemen!! Had a cracking time and met a few more people this year. The camping was excellent as usual, the track was just right in complexity and enjoyment. Best of all my 5 did me proud nearly 400 mile round trip and a ragging on the track with only a faulty temp gauge to try and spoil it all! I was pretty worried that the 225 lump would melt to bits with my crap fuel map!!

Thanks to everyone that came and had a chat and introduced themselves and most of all thanks to all the club officials for sorting out the another awesome National!

Post Thanks / Like

Well I had another fantastic day, we got home about 9 last night and went straight to bed, been knackered all day. Both my car and Emma’s car had no issues what so ever the 1500miles we covered between us. Emma’s car even survived the 60ish miles it done on track, not bad considering it only went back on the road on Thursday: D.

I was talking to John Ward (Mallory Park Manager) on Saturday night, and the same as last year his staff had no major issues and was very impressed with the level of driving standards. He just wished all his days could run this smooth…..we make their life very easy.

I am going to start a thread in a few days time with all the AGM stuff that went on and list who won what with regards to trophies, etc. I am waiting on the trophy winners pictures to come through. We will also get on with the new “My Area Representative” board once we have the updated list.

Phill Walker (the camera and video man) should be online soon as I have just up-graded him to trader so he will now have full access to the site. He should have the disc ready in the next week or so please be patent as I know it will be worth it.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all the Committee Members that helped out on the day and everyone else that offered their assistance. Also to all the members that turned up on the day to make it what it was, their would be no club without you.

Looking forward to organising next year’s.

Regards
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

had a really good time this year and my 5 made it to an event for its 1st time in my ownership....

would like to hear what went on in the AGM so that would be great with details

I will be making sure i clean the inside and outside better next year to put it in for a chance to win something

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gttnutter View Post
    had a really good time this year and my 5 made it to an event for its 1st time in my ownership....

would like to hear what went on in the AGM so that would be great with details

I will be making sure i clean the inside and outside better next year to put it in for a chance to win something

Bless.

Trader
    ND 09 Videographer

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all, even us doing the photos and DVD had a good time. You're a good bunch and easy to get on with

For all you guys who took your motor onto the track you can rest assured it will be included on the finished DVD as we got film of everyone who went out (yes even your van ).
    There is also going to be a disc full of photos from the day thrown in with the DVD so we are confident that everyone was caught on film/photo.

If you want to order a copy of the DVD see the national day 2009 thread and the post titled ORDER YOUR NATIONAL DAY DVD AND PHOTOS HERE.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a fantastic weekend, 150 miles on track and made some new friends! couldn't be better! had to give the pulsar back today though decided not to buy it and finish some of my other projects. Cant wait for next years nd and hopefully some more events in between. Sat nite was a great laugh, went with Stu, Adam n Jordan to get firewood, funny thing is it took about 10 mins to get there and about 2 mins to get back

Post Thanks / Like

You dirty thieves!

It was nice to meet you, Scott

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

You dirty thieves!

It was nice to meet you, Scott
    Guilty as charged m'lord!!!!

Good to meet you too Dawn, was relieved i didn't have to sit on the other side of the fire to avoid getting pushed down the hill! sayin that Duncan managed quite well all by himself!

Post Thanks / Like

Is there enough interest to make mallory park day bi-annual???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenobi View Post

Non-member Pete@Backyard Racing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ND 09 was an awesome weekend of great weather, track time, nice cars, great members and a good old beer fest round the camp fire.
    It was good to see the cars flat out through the corners as well as the straights.( And no major accidents on the track was a very good outcome.)
    It was great to put faces 2 names. I met loads of new people (2 may to list) as well as catching up with old friends.

Big thanks 2 emma b for introducing me 2 lots of new people.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenobi View Post

No.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I think Bedford Autodrome again next year!

It is SUCH an awesome venue, we just didn't make the most of it last time because the track day organisers were total killjoy spazzy bellends and stopped us using 2/3rds of the space for most of the day.

I say we jib off Javelin, or whoever it was, and do it ourselves (or hire the marshalls from Mallory if we need them for insurance reasons- they were chilled with the still). We could then have:

1) a decent WIDE track running all day with open pit lane. No crashing at the 'drome!;
    2) 0-60/ quarter mile sprint track so everyone can have fun;
    3) an autotest or slalom circuit, perhaps with a prize;
    4) a lift off oversteer play area on the AWESOME bottom bend.

And a general festival of renault badassery.

We could conceivably run it like TOTB and have (3 car?) teams competing for prizes on the basis of various drag/ sprint/ show and shine etc. tests.

It could be so, so, so good. We shall call it 'Turbofoolery- RTOC National Day 010'.

I have had these grand plans before..

Post Thanks / Like

If your thinking of 2006 that was at bruntingthorpe. Im sure i read the db limit there was 89 now which rules out most of the cars in the club.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T.K View Post
    Personally, I think Bedford Autodrome again next year!

It is SUCH an awesome venue, we just didn't make the most of it last time because the track day organisers were total killjoy spazzy bellends and stopped us using 2/3rds of the space for most of the day.

I say we jib off Javelin, or whoever it was, and do it ourselves (or hire the marshalls from Mallory if we need them for insurance reasons- they were chilled with the still). We could then have:

1) a decent WIDE track running all day with open pit lane. No crashing at the 'drome!;
    2) 0-60/ quarter mile sprint track so everyone can have fun;
    3) an autotest or slalom circuit, perhaps with a prize;
    4) a lift off oversteer play area on the AWESOME bottom bend.

And a general festival of renault badassery.

We could conceivably run it like TOTB and have (3 car?) teams competing for prizes on the basis of various drag/ sprint/ show and shine etc. tests.

It could be so, so, so good. We shall call it 'Turbofoolery- RTOC National Day 010'.

I have had these grand plans before..
    That sounds sweet

Post Thanks / Like

Bedford autodrome certainly is a good venue, trouble is i think it is somewhere in the region of £25,000 to hire for the day, maybe more now. And if we did sponge from an organised trackday ie Javilin, we would be limited to 45-50 places on track.
    Also what you say about the marshalls has put me off if they are bellends, we have no say over the marshalls, if we hire Bedford, they supply the marshalls.

We will be looking at venues for next year more closely very soon and posting up a shortlist of options for members to vote on.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brigsy View Post
    If your thinking of 2006 that was at bruntingthorpe. Im sure i read the db limit there was 89 now which rules out most of the cars in the club.
    Noise limits are fine at Brunters in reality. They put that out there to keep Nimbys happy. 5s are very quiet on boost anyway. Not going to argue about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Bedford would be great, but I can't see you getting much change out of a 5-figure sum.

That's pretty much the same for all the 'big' tracks - Silverstone, Donington, Brands, Rockingham, etc, unless you go right out of season; ie, Winter.

You might stand a better chance at somewhere like Cadwell Park, Snetterton, Oulton Park.

For anyone fancying an rtoc trackday at Oulton Park in the meantime (around mid-November), watch this space...

Post Thanks / Like

I recall you had to bodge a can over your side exit on your gtt to get it through a static test, they cant be that quiet eh My van would fail for sure..

Anyway the airfield events get from me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    For anyone fancying an rtoc trackday at Oulton Park in the meantime (around mid-November), watch this space...
    Not too far for me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    Bedford would be great, but I can't see you getting much change out of a 5-figure sum.

That's pretty much the same for all the 'big' tracks - Silverstone, Donington, Brands, Rockingham, etc, unless you go right out of season; ie, Winter.

You might stand a better chance at somewhere like Cadwell Park, Snetterton, Oulton Park.

As i say, Bedford is £25,000 at least, same with Cadwell, Snetterton and Oulton.
    Silverstone, Brands and Donny are upwards of £30,000 and Rockingham is even more.
    It all makes the £9,000 we pay for Mallory, and £3500 we pay for Pod look like bargain of the centuary.
    The only way we'll get as cheap as Mallory is to go to an airfield again (tyre killers) or somewhere like Croft, which is too far North for most, or Knockhill, which is to far North for everyone but miller