Post Thanks / Like

wrong details entered

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

as i log into the site i get a message telling me i've entered the wrong log in details but i can still access the full site after this i.e post on all boards and i'm told i'm logged in, why is this?

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: wrong details entered

Quote Originally Posted by tricky nicky View Post
    New poster! (less than 10 posts)

as i log into the site i get a message telling me i've entered the wrong log in details but i can still access the full site after this i.e post on all boards and i'm told i'm logged in, why is this?

Hi,

You must be logged in to post, it cannot work otherwise. Does it say "Welcome, tricky nucky" at the top right hand side of the screen ?

Sounds to me like you are already logged in from a previous successfull login attempt - the site will remember you - and the last time you've tried to login was unsuccessfull, hence the error.

Post Thanks / Like

hi scoff,

yes it does say welcome in the top right, just found it strange as on the log in screen i've ticked remember me so details are already entered and then just click enter. was just wondering why it would let me in anyway, didn't kno if there was a security error where you could just put in a valid user name and random password but still access the site but as you say it's just remembered i'm an idiot and redirected me anyway!

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tricky nicky View Post
    hi scoff,

yes it does say welcome in the top right, just found it strange as on the log in screen i've ticked remember me so details are already entered and then just click enter. was just wondering why it would let me in anyway, didn't kno if there was a security error where you could just put in a valid user name and random password but still access the site but as you say it's just remembered i'm an idiot and redirected me anyway!
    Ah don't worry, not a security problem.

It's almost certainly like I said, you must have logged in correctly at some point - the site has then remembered you - and now the details you have in the login box may be wrong.

Try deleting all login name and password out of the login box on the main black screen, then re-type them in, make sure "remember me" is ticked and then try that, see if you still get an error.

If you do then I think we'll need to reset your password, you might have entered it wrong somewhere.

Also, sounds daft, make sure that caps-lock wasn't on when you typed in your user name and password into the main login page. It is case-sensitive.