Post Thanks / Like

2 small hoses

need a bit of help with the last 2 hoses in my engine bay. the first one joins a load of other pipe work coming off the LHS of the carb/lobster tail (black hose) and the other comes off the RHS of the carb (black hose) see photos.

what should i do with them.. ive done the cup mod so should i plug them or should they be joining something else.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2 small hoses

The pipe in the first piccy looks like it may attach to the nipple that connects up to the dashboard boost guage, not completely necessary if you have one connected up from the vac line.

2nd pic, I'd extend that pressure ref. pipe you have on the carb so that it is closer to the floor and further from a heat source...
    Last edited by Spooky; 15-07-2009 at 12:22.

Post Thanks / Like

The second picture is an overflow i think. Im sure that goes to air. Probably wants to be a lot longer than that though as there could be fuel in there. Someone correct me if im wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

read what i said above...

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh, in the second picture, that pipe off of the carb which is sat on the rocker cover doesn't connect to anything other than the air lol

I re-read what you asked, so there, all is good

Post Thanks / Like

2nd pic. should i run a new hose as low to the floor as poss... what gains will i get out os curiosity.....

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    The pipe in the first piccy looks like it may attach to the nipple that connects up to the dashboard boost guage, not completely necessary if you have one connected up from the vac line.

2nd pic, I'd extend that pressure ref. pipe you have on the carb so that it is closer to the floor and further from a heat source...