Post Thanks / Like

boost control.?

ok i need abit of help understanding boost control as i keep confusing myself

ok so,
    shorten the actuator to increase and SET the boost pressure..?

fit an in-car boost controller to CONTROL boost.?

so how do the 2 go together say for example i want my lowest point of boost pressure to be 12psi and the max to be 21psi no matter how far the boost controller is wound in/out. how would you set the actuator up.?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: boost control.?

Quote Originally Posted by raj View Post
    ok i need abit of help understanding boost control as i keep confusing myself

ok so,
    shorten the actuator to increase and SET the boost pressure..?

fit an in-car boost controller to CONTROL boost.?

so how do the 2 go together say for example i want my lowest point of boost pressure to be 12psi and the max to be 21psi no matter how far the boost controller is wound in/out. how would you set the actuator up.?
    3 Point bleed valve under the bonnet, connected to an in car boost controller. Set the one under the bonnet to limit the PSI to 21. then no matter how far you turn the controller in the car, it won't go over 21. I'm unsure about setting a lower level as im not to hot on the actuator control but i'm guessing it can be done.........someone will be along in a minute to confirm or blow me out the water!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J8TRO View Post
    3 Point bleed valve under the bonnet, connected to an in car boost controller. Set the one under the bonnet to limit the PSI to 21. then no matter how far you turn the controller in the car, it won't go over 21. I'm unsure about setting a lower level as im not to hot on the actuator control but i'm guessing it can be done.........someone will be along in a minute to confirm or blow me out the water!
    ah thanks, thats cleared that part up for me

ive also got one of these gt tuning spider valves which ive had sat in a draw for 8yrs

Post Thanks / Like

ah thanks, thats cleared that part up for me

ive also got one of these gt tuning spider valves which ive had sat in a draw for 8yrs
    I think the spider valve is a more detailed version of a 3 point bleed valve, this can be used to set your top PSI value, again i'm not so sure on the lower PSI level. I used to have a wicked but simple diagram that showed you how to hose this set up together, but i cant find the bugger anywhere.

Someone on here might have it????

Post Thanks / Like

i made my own boostcontrol , switch off standardboost switch on raised boost

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

that looks good that little setup. but what do the parts not in english mean? cheers

Post Thanks / Like

compressor zijde = coldside of turbo

line in red = switch off
    line in yellow = switch on

wastgate = waste gate

the controller is a vacuumswitch from an lpg installation

Post Thanks / Like

GT Tunning Spider Valve Diagram

Post Thanks / Like

Set the actuator once & be done, none of this incar adjustable boost lark

If you want to run 21 psi you will need to jet the carb up to suit, If you turn the boost down without adjusting the carb the afr will be too rich, This wont do the engine any favours in the long run..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brigsy View Post
    Set the actuator once & be done, none of this incar adjustable boost lark

If you want to run 21 psi you will need to jet the carb up to suit, If you turn the boost down without adjusting the carb the afr will be too rich, This wont do the engine any favours in the long run..
    well thats abit sh1t isnt it so what your saying is if i want to turn the boost down everytime ill have to rejet the carb to suit.?

ive always been under the impression that its possible to lower/increase boost via an incar boost controller i never thought you'd be having to faff around rejetting everytime too

so basically my original thought as what brigsy mentioned seems the best by just shortening the actuator rod and rejetting the carb to suit still,its not good if you dont want to be running 21psi day in day out.

Post Thanks / Like

you can go up and down a few PSI but a jump of say over 5PSI you need the fueling otherwise you will have issues and it will all end in tears.......the joys of owning a carb car

Post Thanks / Like

you cant expect the car to run spot on from 12 PSI to 21PSI on the same carb settings mate.....find a happy medium and stick to it....set it at 21PSI Jet the carb and just dont get pedal happy

Post Thanks / Like

ive always been under the impression that its possible to lower/increase boost via an incar boost controller i never thought you'd be having to faff around rejetting everytime too
    I thought this wasn't possible as well but someone proved me wrong on the original forum... I think that was more about carb settings for totally off boost and full whack, but I can't be sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IANMM View Post
    you cant expect the car to run spot on from 12 PSI to 21PSI on the same carb settings mate.....find a happy medium and stick to it....set it at 21PSI Jet the carb and just dont get pedal happy
    yup, i think ill have to rejet the carb to suit my max psi.

i was going to fit the t25 but now i think im going to stick with the t2.

question, whats the absolute max psi a t2 can take.? am i right in thinking 14psi.? and if so would i need to rejet the carb for this boost pressure.?
    if it does need rejetting, what size would i be needing to use.? or is it another case of every cars different.?
    i'll be investing in a wideband soon,but i still cant make my mind up on the best budget buy out there? obviously no cheap branded rubbish. im thinking aem uego, or some innovate type..?