Post Thanks / Like

A dire situation!

You know, as you get older your supposed to be more financially secure, comfortable and less stressed. I'm in the situation of being more skint than i was two years ago, hassled and things are looking bleak. A run of bad luck has seen my wage cut with a chunk of staff made redundant and my lady's wage cut and her job hanging by a thread! Oh and the sky box has just packed in and is now worthless just before we were going to cancel it and flog the box on. As a consequance of all of this, (and the point of all the whinging) my five which is in bits requires various parts to get back on the road, it needs tax and iv'e run out of money. It's doubtfull of an appearence any time soon.

The banks have a lot to answer for!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A dire situation!

I empathise mate, things are grim up north at the moment. I dont think we felt it too bad when it was headline news, but these last few months have been tough.
    Chin up thou lad, more to life than a 5, even with a 225 engine! As long as you and the family are good everything else can go especially the fecking bankers

Post Thanks / Like

things have been sh1tty in the midlands for a while.... manufacturing?? - pah!!!

sorry to hear about your woes mate, i'm sure things will look up eventually.

Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MATT C Ringworm Tuning View Post
    You know, as you get older your supposed to be more financially secure, comfortable and less stressed. I'm in the situation of being more skint than i was two years ago, hassled and things are looking bleak. A run of bad luck has seen my wage cut with a chunk of staff made redundant and my lady's wage cut and her job hanging by a thread! Oh and the sky box has just packed in and is now worthless just before we were going to cancel it and flog the box on. As a consequance of all of this, (and the point of all the whinging) my five which is in bits requires various parts to get back on the road, it needs tax and iv'e run out of money. It's doubtfull of an appearence any time soon.

I totally sympathise with you mate. Same situation here.

Post Thanks / Like

defo not good these days everyone seems to be low,loosing or have already lost everything

i personally havent really been effected in the current climate, maybe just a little. at the end of the day with me being a taxi driver there is always someone wanting to get from a to b. plus being self employed you can be descrete about tax etc

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear things are'nt going so well matt .

The 5 can sit and wait till you have the resourses to continue with it , theres never anything good on sky anyway and you've always got the nipper to keep you both occupied- thats something the bank cant take away

Chin up ya great big pudden'

Post Thanks / Like

i dont think im feeling the crunch but sometimes we do run out of cash faster, so could be that! tho i dont earn alot and dont have any finacal commitments other then phone/sky/broadband, luckily ive never gone out to get big loans, they always bite you in the arse someway. but i do think the goverment should do more than lower the tax by 2.5% how considerate!

Post Thanks / Like

my parents run a taxi buisness (private hire) and they are charging continous things such as checks on all drivers, remots , ministry are constantly checking vehicles,, now they say we have to many vehicles so we have got to store some when not in use.. its a joke, we try to do things legally unlike so many other taxi companys around here (1 licence to 10 drivers) and it bites you in the arse so hard that no matter how hard you work , your barely making profit..

Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Nightmare Matt, know how you feel tho... Just lost another guy here, thats nearly 20% of the workforce over 6months! Not pleasant.

Things will have to sort themselves out soon

Didn't realise your place was struggling, thought you had loads on?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Full understand where your coming from!! On a slightly positive note, ive seen an increase in trucks coming through which have been off the road for most of last year due to demand for them again. Reckon thats as good a sign as any that things are going to start on the up again. At least its the summer and i can turn off heating and wash in the bird bath! Thatll save some wonga!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djinuk View Post
    its a joke, we try to do things legally unlike so many other taxi companys around here (1 licence to 10 drivers)
    djinuk, are you referring to the actual hackney/private hire vehicle licence plate or are you saying that 10 drivers are sharing out the actual photo i.d licence.?

im assuming you mean they are sharing the photo i.d licence.! reason being is that you can have as many licenced taxi drivers drive and share the same licenced hackney/private hire vehicle providing all drivers are insured on that vehicle.
    or am i not getting what your saying

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy View Post
    Nightmare Matt, know how you feel tho... Just lost another guy here, thats nearly 20% of the workforce over 6months! Not pleasant.

Things will have to sort themselves out soon

Didn't realise your place was struggling, thought you had loads on?
    Nah mate, im busy finishing off work thats been in from the last 6 months, but as of next week there will be 30 engineers and only four jobs bid for. Working on a 50% success rate, thats 2 jobs between us all.

Iv'e been looking at cost savings over the last few days, household insurance, gas/electric etc. Managed a few quid there.

Post Thanks / Like

Dude let me know what parts you need mate. Ive got loads and if it means helping you out you can just sort me out at somepoint in the future.

Its times like these when we all need to stick together. When the economy picks up we can all be jolly again.

Post Thanks / Like

my parents run a taxi buisness (private hire) and they are charging continous things such as checks on all drivers, remots , ministry are constantly checking vehicles,, now they say we have to many vehicles so we have got to store some when not in use.. its a joke, we try to do things legally unlike so many other taxi companys around here (1 licence to 10 drivers) and it bites you in the arse so hard that no matter how hard you work , your barely making profit..
    Ooh subliminal racial slur from you DJ, hey man we check licences at work I can get your folks a good deal on that so let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raj View Post
    djinuk, are you referring to the actual hackney/private hire vehicle licence plate or are you saying that 10 drivers are sharing out the actual photo i.d licence.?

im assuming you mean they are sharing the photo i.d licence.! reason being is that you can have as many licenced taxi drivers drive and share the same licenced hackney/private hire vehicle providing all drivers are insured on that vehicle.
    or am i not getting what your saying

Yea sorry i am refering to the photo id licence , A short while back me and my friend were in a head on colision with a taxi in his del sol. The driver admitted full fault at the time, and within 3/4 mins there were another 10/12 guys there. When the police turned up as the other guy would not give us his details a completely diffrent fella to the one driving stepped up and said he was the driver.. Needless to say my friend decided it best to ignore the fact somthing dodgy was going on , and he did eventually get paid out through insurance.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea sorry i am refering to the photo id licence , A short while back me and my friend were in a head on colision with a taxi in his del sol. The driver admitted full fault at the time, and within 3/4 mins there were another 10/12 guys there. When the police turned up as the other guy would not give us his details a completely diffrent fella to the one driving stepped up and said he was the driver.. Needless to say my friend decided it best to ignore the fact somthing dodgy was going on , and he did eventually get paid out through insurance.
    Well in that case, burton council must be a bunch of arshholes its suprising they can get away with it.
    i dont know about burton but my council being erewash state we must have the photo i.d on view at ALL times. doesnt sound good at all for burton its these rouge taxi drivers you need to watch out for.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear it mate.

FWIW, its all over, every industry. I get slotted for a hold pool come January for about 10 months, as we have way to many Pilots and not enough people flying right now. 10 months, no pay.

Its either that or have no job at all, at least doing it this way I have one to go back to. Hard choice.

Looking on the bright side, I suppose my garden will look the bollocks and the five with have a coat of wax on it once a week

Post Thanks / Like

c'est claire que c'est triste a lire tout ceci !!

même chez nous en France , c'est la même situation !!!

moi sur mon salaires , j'ai perdu environs 700 euros avec cette crise de merde !!

mais bon , faut bien vivre (du moins c'est ma devise!!)

it is clear that it is sad has to read all this!!

even on our premises in France, it is the same situation!!!

me on my wages, I lost surroundings 700 euros with this crisis of ****!!

but good, is necessary well to live (at least it is my currency!!)

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen a 70% reduction in my turnover in the last 2 years It's Dawn's business that is keeping us afloat .Thankfully that is on the up , manufacturing is deader than a dead thing .Ironically we buy loads of plastic bits for her business from China
    One recent nail was LDV going under, I used to do a lot of design work for a company in Brum that does all the name plaques ......

Hopefully we will all come out the other end intact and those that are left will be in great demand

Post Thanks / Like

i work for JCB....weve lost 2000 workers in the past 8 months, im currently £13,000 down on last years wage, the job is ****ed.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry guys, GSF is still going ok...for what its worth.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raj View Post
    Well in that case, burton council must be a bunch of arshholes its suprising they can get away with it.
    i dont know about burton but my council being erewash state we must have the photo i.d on view at ALL times. doesnt sound good at all for burton its these rouge taxi drivers you need to watch out for.
    Yea , its the same for us (with regards to carrying photo id) , the council are very strict and jump on you are any point to bleed a bit more money. Im not sure how they get away with it, but clearly to some point they do.

Post Thanks / Like

you just gonna have to dig deep m8 and get out there and make every last feckin buck u can cause only the strongest will get through this without major upset...u need to sit down and have a think about getting another income???? have a think what u good at.....and find a way of making it pay u that extra wage at the end of the week/month... but dont work yourself into the ground always have time for family and your mates like i know u do....chin up....and good luck