Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

per fan removal

ok ive had alook but not sure how it is removed so could do with direction as it doesnt work and im getting a working one off raj

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: per fan removal

the bracket holding the fan motor in place is bolted to the top of the wheel arch. disconnect the relevant hoses and pull it out. Its fairly straight forward from memory. Putting one back in is a bit of a pain in the arse though

Post Thanks / Like

its bolted down on the wheel arch and also at the side of the suspension turret, i cant remember if your fuel line is running through it as originally the fuel line runs up through the plastic part of the perc fan and comes out where the air would hit the carb. if its like that then disconnect the fuel line.
    also undo the hose that connects to the perc fan and plug it if our going to drive the car.

East Midlands Regional Rep Os8472's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget, once removed you have to dispose of it in RTOC ordered fashion, namely throw it on the ground pour on petrol, set fire to it and dance around its satanic corpse to black sabeth

Post Thanks / Like

I like my anti perc fan!

Pretty sure thats why mine starts on the button, even when hot. Same as my Starter motor heat shields. I'm sure thats why my starters las years, not months

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy-G View Post
    I like my anti perc fan!

Pretty sure thats why mine starts on the button, even when hot. Same as my Starter motor heat shields. I'm sure thats why my starters las years, not months
    "Same as my Starter motor heat shields"
    i thought the starter motor only had 1 heatshield i only have the one fitted.!

Post Thanks / Like

I like my anti perc fan!

The perc fan actually does its job too. My gtt starts a lot better when hot compared to my van with no perc fan. Renault put it there for a reason....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brigsy View Post

The perc fan actually does its job too. My gtt starts a lot better when hot compared to my van with no perc fan. Renault put it there for a reason....
    Renault found out they needed it the hard way. Brit spec fuel has different additives from Europe spec. It evaporates easier. Hence why we got the perc fan, and they didn't.

Post Thanks / Like

I like my anti perc fan!

although the number of people who come running after me saying i have left my engine running is ridiculous!?! What engine sounds like a hairdryer anyway??

Post Thanks / Like

i hate the damn things, ive always got rid of them. never had any issues. maybe because ive got a habit of pumping the acc pedal a few times before i fire it up!
    i dont know why i do this but i do it with every car i drive

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Renault found out they needed it the hard way. Brit spec fuel has different additives from Europe spec. It evaporates easier. Hence why we got the perc fan, and they didn't.
    ???? we 2 have perc fans but mostly take them of because they are often the reason why a gtt burns out. Have got a shed full of them.
    Fuel line runs threw it.