Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: bringing my 5 back from the dead

Quote Originally Posted by R5MJH View Post
    well as long as its @ the next surrey meet I don't care

looking @ Friday 4th july mate for next one, hoping that as long as we get there b4 8 car park wont be full

ps please change ya status now
    An mate I'm not changing the date to a Friday mate its pointless what days can mike make as Wednesday is a good night Thursday is also a quiet night up there

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by philr5t View Post
    An mate I'm not changing the date to a Friday mate its pointless what days can mike make as Wednesday is a good night Thursday is also a quiet night up there
    ill check but he might be able to do thurs but not sure, but Wednesdays aint bo good now

Post Thanks / Like

realy awesome result mate! still pretty baffled by the chargecooling setup btw, seems to be doing well

Post Thanks / Like

Evening chaps I just wanted to say thanks to mike from surrey meet Marky mark James 5 and scoff for the phone calls tonight just went I thought everything had gone horribly wrong after a great success from the weekend it seems my problem was a loose connection on the afr gauge which was telling my ecu that I was basically on full throttle when trying to start it and would not run for love or money all sorted now though cheers guys

Post Thanks / Like

Just to give you guys a little run down of how amazing a c1j really can be when really played with all my engine mods have performed an amazing result to the point that with just running 10 psi pre load only the car was making 214 bhp it pulled a few consistent 300+ hp runs the most being 309.9 but a little to lean so a happy 301.3 was its favoured outcome all this come from no more than 7,200 rpm around a 7.7-1 comp ratio and boost level between 32-33.6 psi all still on a Vnt turbo with still minimal lag the engine performed at its best when charge temps were around 27% and still good but not as good when temps were reaching 35% so the charge cooler set up seems to be performing really well I have also cured my little burning oil issue on tick over which seemed to be a mixture of good high oil pressure but minimal back pressure on tick over causing oil to push past the turbo seals this was corrected by scoff just by setting the throttle slightly higher that's it from me now and I hope I can finally enjoy driving it again with a **** off smile on my face from here ................. To ................ Here watch out cossies there's a new Marshall in town

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome. Get a GoPro or car cam thing and create some in-car vids for us all to be envious of

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, just read all 19 pages of this thread. Cracking read and is really motivating me to get my 5 all finished. Not sure i will ever go the EFI route, but will see what happens when / if I get around to rebuilding the engine.

Awesome!

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by philr5t View Post
    Evening chaps I just wanted to say thanks to mike from surrey meet Marky mark James 5 and scoff for the phone calls tonight just went I thought everything had gone horribly wrong after a great success from the weekend it seems my problem was a loose connection on the afr gauge which was telling my ecu that I was basically on full throttle when trying to start it and would not run for love or money all sorted now though cheers guys

No probs anytime, exactly what I said on the phone

Looking forward to seeing the beast on sunday