Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: nitrous

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL485 View Post

Question: On this head the 'plug comes in from the exhaust side. On the 8v, the plug comes in from the inlet side. I don't know whether to use a hotter rated plug or not, after all, the electrode ends up inside the big fiery chamber whatever happens. Thoughts?
    My honest advice Dave is to cross that bridge when you get there. Start with an NGK 8 and read them throughout mapping. You'll want to be doing that anyway to get a feel for balance assuming you don't have a thermocouple in each exhaust primary

Post Thanks / Like

I had the larger valves and the headwork put in by http://www.chaseengineservices.co.uk/ who do the heads for the duratec race series.

Post Thanks / Like

That's the best comparison

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scoff View Post
    We probably didn't spend as much as you think In Glenns case I guess the turbo and EFI were most expensive. Mine was pretty cheap too apart from the internals and turbo say. The rest is time and effort.

The difficulty with the carb is getting enough fuel in at high boost. It's a noticable restriction above 240hp or so too but it's been proven a couple of times that they will flow quite a bit more if you push. I think Gianni is mostly managing it with nitrous. A lot of it. To do the same you should install a seperate EFI fuel circuit with regulator. You'll need additional fuel injectors to run the carb much past 250hp. The same circuit can supply your nitrous system too. I think thats going to be the best way to go if you want to keep the carb.

Getting the engine to respond to a lot of boost and nitrous is the next challenge. You should look at putting in bigger exhaust valves and improving the exhaust ports. With nitrous you have a lot more exhaust gas to worry about. Leave the inlets alone. The choice of cam is important too. As off the shelf items go the BP270 is what you should be looking at, with a vernier. Some retard on the cam can make some shocking increases in HP at the expense of low RPM response.

Good luck
    Thanks for the help.

Well I was planning on getting the car booked in at EFI Feb/Mar if there was available space Chris to have the nodiz fitted (looms ready to plug and play just needs installing) and mapped on the T28. If I can get some kind of picture (itemised shopping list) on here for the nitrous setup, would that be something (nodiz&nitrous) you would be interested in helping me with and mapping/installing?

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Red, but best to put anything work related in to an email if you can, it helps to keep me organised

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scoff View Post
    assuming you don't have a thermocouple in each exhaust primary
    Hmmm. I could do...exhaust manifold is being made next month...