Post Thanks / Like

Streaming movies from PC to XBOX 360

I have managed to link the two up and I can see SOME movies if I go to Videos > Click on my connected PC from the xbox, but all I see are 12 movies out of hundreds that are on my PC! Has anyone had this problem before? If I try to play movies through the media centre connector they won't play as they are mostly avi format and it won't recognize them

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Streaming movies from PC to XBOX 360

Quote Originally Posted by UNICRONICUS View Post
    I have managed to link the two up and I can see SOME movies if I go to Videos > Click on my connected PC from the xbox, but all I see are 12 movies out of hundreds that are on my PC! Has anyone had this problem before? If I try to play movies through the media centre connector they won't play as they are mostly avi format and it won't recognize them
    I had similar problem with ps3 , what was weird was i could watch small vid clips i had saved that were avi but if i moved an avi film into the same folder it wouldnt show up on ps3 ?? i gave up in the end and just put them on a memory stick and watched them np on the ps3, im sure there is somthing i am not doing right

Post Thanks / Like

True, I don't even know why I bother, it's probably easier to just hook up the laptop to the TV everytime

Post Thanks / Like

I've just been going through my movies folder and I think I may have worked out why my xbox was only displaying 12 movies or so out of 20 odd. I had folders within this folder that contained movies so I think the xbox just couldn't understand these extra folders hence why I couldn't see them. I haven't tested out my theory yet but I'm sure that's the reason.