Post Thanks / Like

1.8 16v into a campus...

just wandering how many people have done this?

i've got a spare 19 16v engine, and fancy putting it into a ****e looking campus just to take up the road to snetterton for kick.

i've got a complete engine and running gear from the 19 as i dropped the subframe, and kept all the wiring loom

just a few bits im not sure of, will i need GT tank with an injection fuel pump? also can i use rear mount from the 5 on the 16v gearbox? lastly, can i bin PAS pump and just use shorter belt or is there a trick?

cheers in advance, if its simple(ish) i'll hunt out a campus to play with

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1.8 16v into a campus...

Quote Originally Posted by markey b View Post
    just wandering how many people have done this?

i've got a spare 19 16v engine, and fancy putting it into a ****e looking campus just to take up the road to snetterton for kick.

i've got a complete engine and running gear from the 19 as i dropped the subframe, and kept all the wiring loom

just a few bits im not sure of, will i need GT tank with an injection fuel pump? also can i use rear mount from the 5 on the 16v gearbox? lastly, can i bin PAS pump and just use shorter belt or is there a trick?

cheers in advance, if its simple(ish) i'll hunt out a campus to play with
    Not sure about the tank.. but you will deffo need the pump

PAS steering setup can be binned... Use the brackets from a 5 GTX

You can use the 5's Gearbox mounts on the valver box and you need a 5 GTX engine mount bracket ... you will need the speed cable from the valver box tho and clocks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1.8 16v into a campus...

im no expert on reno's but im sure all you would need is the inj pump unless its a intank jobbie, if not id say keep the campus tank as im sure there identical to gtt's and that proves not issues 19/gtt
    be cool to see, but wouldnt the campus bay need seam wealding, or are they as strong as the gtt?