Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Power - What route to go now??

No, not aimed at you Mart. It's just I remember a lot of people running low comp pistons and also a lot of tuners selling them way back when (showing my age?!).....

I see the advantages in running higher C/R on a day to day basis as you mentioned, It's just my feeling for ultimate power you'd be better off with standard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    No, not aimed at you Mart. It's just I remember a lot of people running low comp pistons and also a lot of tuners selling them way back when (showing my age?!).....

I see the advantages in running higher C/R on a day to day basis as you mentioned, It's just my feeling for ultimate power you'd be better off with standard.
    Thing is tuners sold them as its was the only way to solve det and run more boost, they didnt have much option to tune IGN and the way they tuned carbs was dog ****.

The standard compression of the GT is low, and to low for factory boost levels, but i guess its what renault did to keep the engine safe with that **** carb in place. But remember these days we have ways to tune ign and manage the carb alot better and with EFI etc etc its easier to control det. Ill point out also that the fastest FWD uk car runs around 10.0 -1 with around 40psi of boost...

With my old car runing 120mph trap this was with a lower CR by just shaving the tops to flat tops, i did this due to running NOS and only having the flywheel pick up to adjust timing. At stock CR with say 25psi and 25hp shot you will det (well i did). i had to drop this CR so i could raise the NOS more, which out ways the power lost by dropping compression. I also used my wet kit like a fith injector to help aid the fueling of the carb. If i had EFI i would have done my build differently.

Post Thanks / Like

Dudes... just looking to buy my cam... Cat Cams have recommended their 5500327 profile cam, but I'm struggling like mad as to how the hell you can find it on their website and buy it?!?!

I've got a feeling they haven't updated their website so I'll have to give them a call first thing to purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Supes View Post
    Dudes... just looking to buy my cam... Cat Cams have recommended their 5500327 profile cam, but I'm struggling like mad as to how the hell you can find it on their website and buy it?!?!

I've got a feeling they haven't updated their website so I'll have to give them a call first thing to purchase.

That's the best thing to do anyway as you can haggle on the phone

Post Thanks / Like

Nayls... I like your style.

Maybe they'll be able to do me a deal if I get the vernier pulley aswell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Supes View Post
    Nayls... I like your style.

Maybe they'll be able to do me a deal if I get the vernier pulley aswell.
    i negotiated a deal on cam only, i never pay the advertised price though

Post Thanks / Like

WTF? Quality Engineered Products (Cat Cams UK Supplier) phone has been engaged all day?

They've been a pain in the arse with responding to emails... they're website is dog poop... thinking about giving Piper a call tomorrow to see what they suggest.