Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

selling r9! not anymore!

Only had it afew weeks, but selling it if anyones interest, ad in the classifieds
    Last edited by alister; 27-06-2009 at 12:00.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: selling r9!

How come you selling it so soon?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I work over in italy, and only back and forth to uk every other weekend at the mo, when I'm back its to see the girlfriend and havnt got time to work on yet another car, plus the woman was not happy when I came back this weekend and was working on my cars before I saw her........ Ive got a e30 325i in uk thats stripped out and work in progress trackcar(done one trackday in it so far), r5 gt turbo in uk thats work in progress trackcar, and a e34 525i thats my transport out in italy, all insured, all tax'd, all mot'd as I dont have a garage to keep them in.

I bought the r9 to replace the 325i, but after the trackday the other day I'm not getting rid of her, she was awesome, and I'd miss the rwd antics.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

fair enough, the R9 looks like a smart car good luck with the sale.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

goes pretty well, just the bodywork lets it down really, I dont want to end up scrapping it thats for sure.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah dont scrap it, haven't you got anywhere to store it out of the way untill you have time for it.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I currently have no fulltime uk address, only in Italy, so eaither at my parents or girlfriends, she hasnt got a garage, and my father keeps his car in his garage(appart from the millions of spare parts of mine in there, including half a rollcage)
    A friedn said I can use his garage but only my r5 would fit in it, went looking to rent a nice sized lock up for about 5 cars...... 7k a year!!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't know if that is expensive or not, does it have to go in a garage couldn't you get a decent car cover and have it up on axle stands?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: selling r9! Not anymore!

Well I'm back in the uk, got a new job that starts next week so for now the r9 is safe, started it up yesterday, even tho most the interrior is missing just keep noticing funky little retro things about it, once ive finished the r5 think i'll sell that and keep the r9, just need to buy a car for the woman now as shes got a nasty red corsa...... I'm on the look out for a 6n polo in silver, oh and now i'll be pestering people for more info on r9's!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Went for a drive for the first time in ages, wound open the dodgy adjustable boost as it feels slow on 7 psi, think it was set for 16 psi, hard to watch the gauge and drive at the same time, then it poped off a boost hose, booooo so redoing the boost pipe run, i'll get some pics when im finished tomorrow