Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: sierra rs cosworths

awesome cars, and ive always enjoyed watching the cosworths when going to the rally's however unlike probably 90% of my friends , its not a car id ever think about buying.

Post Thanks / Like

iv been in quick cars but cosworths always seem faster to me,also went rs day at the pod,definately not to see rs turbo rubbish!!! but cosworths,,, most of them only manage 13 seconds up the strip,but most of them were crawling of the line like they cant be botthered, and alot was still pulling above 110mph terminal.its like they were sunday driving and aint even trying

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mad murdoch View Post
    iv been in quick cars but cosworths always seem faster to me,also went rs day at the pod,definately not to see rs turbo rubbish!!! but cosworths,,, most of them only manage 13 seconds up the strip,but most of them were crawling of the line like they cant be botthered, and alot was still pulling above 110mph terminal.its like they were sunday driving and aint even trying
    I ran my Cosworth a while back at the Pod and I didn't launch from the line. Pulled away in 1st and then when in second I put my foot down, still ran a 13 (112 mph). It might have to do with good second hand boxes selling for £500 and read diffs selling for £150+ now, not ebay specials and rebuilds alot more. Prices are going crazy.
    I enjoy both my Cosworth and my Renault 5 GT Turbos, but they are two completely different cars.
    Last edited by phase i 16 v turbo; 04-06-2009 at 09:29.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mad murdoch View Post
    Because like mike said owners dont want to smash boxes and diffs with hard launches, at central day last year I saw a saff 4x4 do a 11.1 crossing the line with two broken drive shafts. Some have so much poke you see them trip the inertia switch and cut out.