Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recirculating Dump Valve

Quote Originally Posted by R5GTTRaider View Post
    again i agree, i know wiki is something that can be changed.

i do need to get a good turbo book,whats that book about forced induction like, i had it years ago, even if its the same one, remebr first lerning about turbos in a maxpower (iirc) guide to turbos etc think i still got it!! that was years ago lol
    It does get very technical in a lot of places but also has lots of good DIY advice and if you read it a few times it will sink in .
    End of the day you need to read it with an eye on what you want to achieve and most importantly the car you're applying it to .
    Take absolutely no notice of anything I say regarding inter coolers etc as I'm special needs ..............

Post Thanks / Like

For fcuks sake not another dump valve thread. Search function is your friend

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Grier View Post
    Mart, the test results on the Nissan from memory were very interesting around this as the uprated recirc was better than atmosphere for 1 part of the test but not the other (sure it was speed through the gears) controlled speed tests. No dv at all was quicker than some options but not advised for the reasons we already know. On some new engines that control boost via solinoids etc donot like atmos dv and can cause all sorts of issues. Also the recir was slower on the nissan than none but the new 2.0t (vag) was quicker with the forge recirc

Guess it is not 1 rule for all cars - std or modded
    It was probably better (I assume you mean from turbo spool point of view) due to the recirc' valve maintaining some form of pressure within the boost cct, hence the turbo didn't have to re-produce/spool as much boost when back on the throttle. Now compare that to a vta dump valve, where it effectively 'empties' the boost circuit of air, hence more (read longer) spool-up to produce full boost again.

As for the 'reasons we already know' for not running a d.v; if you mean by that, that it shortens turbo life by not having one in situ, I don't subscribe to that whatsoever.

The fact you mention a Forge Motorsport product having a hand in the comparison stakes probably means it was a flawed test from the start anyway...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    The fact you mention a Forge Motorsport product having a hand in the comparison stakes probably means it was a flawed test from the start anyway...
    most defently, any company will make there product look ten times better then there rival

like tesco and asda for example each advert saying they got tons more cheaper items, well hang on whos right?? lol neiter there both the same price across the board,

any how on topic they would "sabotage" the comparative item to make theres look best

bit like the ebay turbos, coz i want 3 of them and some chips too