Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ms motorsport???

Quote Originally Posted by T.K View Post

Does anyone actually know what the bill was? Or the true story behind 'forging' the cheque? How far did it get with the police (remember they are pretty much obliged to investigate any accusation like this!). I remember the guy who owned the car was pretty ****ing dodgy.
    I know how much it cost and what went into that car, i also know a few stories on when Chris (the owner) went to get it back and what went missing. Know abit about the court case to but i'm not going to discuss it on here as it'll open a hole can of worms again.

As some people know i have my own personal opinions with Mike after our falling out after Nat Day 2005, its no secret that i did go up to his and do some work for him so got to see alot of the goings on and condition of cars being built.

Post Thanks / Like

Right I've found some pic's on me pc of the car in question!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markey Mark (BD) View Post
    I know how much it cost and what went into that car, i also know a few stories on when Chris (the owner) went to get it back and what went missing. Know abit about the court case to but i'm not going to discuss it on here as it'll open a hole can of worms again.

As some people know i have my own personal opinions with Mike after our falling out after Nat Day 2005, its no secret that i did go up to his and do some work for him so got to see alot of the goings on and condition of cars being built.
    Lot of rumor flying around, so if you know the truth (rather than hearsay), I'd say it might as well come out mate.
    Last edited by T.K; 04-08-2009 at 19:30.

Post Thanks / Like

i no quite abit about the whole thing as i was mates with both mike and chris wen this was all kickin off, (still speak to chris, havnt heard from mike in years now) but theres alot of faults from both of them with this car, so its not all mikes fault at all, so for people to sit there sayin he ripped chris off without knwin the facts aint on

as for the car i see it from start to finish tbh, if it was my car id hav changed a few things but then i no wot id hav wanted from the car where as chris (and he will admit this) hasnt got a clue and didnt no exactly wat he wanted and left it down to mike to work out and suggest wot to do, he was asked to build the fastest reno 1/4 mile and money wasnt a prob but then wen alot of things were custom and experimental it took 2 long and thats where all the probs started,

he worked on a couple of my cars and i can say he neva ripped me off, always got on well with him and we were good mates just a shame it all ended badly for him, yes he mite hav took info from several members on here and used it to get the times he was runnin, but isnt that just the same in anything, if ur willin to share the info then dont go gettin ur knickers in a twist wen that person goes and uses that info and puts it in2 effect and it works!!!

heard hes gone bk to racing and fingers xd hes doin well !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely manifold

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steveR5GTT View Post
    i no quite abit about the whole thing as i was mates with both mike and chris wen this was all kickin off, (still speak to chris, havnt heard from mike in years now) but theres alot of faults from both of them with this car, so its not all mikes fault at all, so for people to sit there sayin he ripped chris off without knwin the facts aint on

as for the car i see it from start to finish tbh, if it was my car id hav changed a few things but then i no wot id hav wanted from the car where as chris (and he will admit this) hasnt got a clue and didnt no exactly wat he wanted and left it down to mike to work out and suggest wot to do, he was asked to build the fastest reno 1/4 mile and money wasnt a prob but then wen alot of things were custom and experimental it took 2 long and thats where all the probs started,

he worked on a couple of my cars and i can say he neva ripped me off, always got on well with him and we were good mates just a shame it all ended badly for him, yes he mite hav took info from several members on here and used it to get the times he was runnin, but isnt that just the same in anything, if ur willin to share the info then dont go gettin ur knickers in a twist wen that person goes and uses that info and puts it in2 effect and it works!!!

heard hes gone bk to racing and fingers xd hes doin well !!!!
    Quoted for the truth.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

aii must be back in Karts.... wounder if hes got my £20 still...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Cooke View Post
    who do you mean by him andy ?

Post Thanks / Like

Erm, Mike

Yep, that's him. Any excuse to take his top off. Still, at least it's only his top this time

The last time I spoke to him (a few years ago now, just after the "Beargate" scandal), he said he was back in karts, and he was in line to be running a team the following season.

Post Thanks / Like

the bloke disguised as Bill J

Post Thanks / Like

the bloke disguised as Bill J

He always did look up to me

Post Thanks / Like

I see he's still got a shiny head...

Post Thanks / Like

he mite hav took info from several members on here and used it to get the times he was runnin
    That isn't the problem though. The problem was him taking said info & turning it into a business. Not really keeping in the spirit of 'helping mates/members out', which is what this club has always been about since day one.

And for the record, that wasn't me who came out with the 'boy in a man's world' comment - That was the old skool legend that was Harpo.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

But to be fair Mart, I don't think we are talking about the cutting edge here. He didn't steal any intellectual property, did he? i.e. Run drag slicks and go faster? No **** mate! All he did was pull a few ideas from here, and a few ideas from there and put them together, which is no different from what everyone at any level in the tuning game does. That was part of his competitive character and nature.

As for the business, I think we can all agree that a fair few members have earned a few quid here and there working on cars over the years. Sometimes that 'business' gets given a **** Blah blah blah Motorsport name and the mobile number gets dolled out and the 'brand' awareness raises and a few more customers roll in.. Usually shortly before the **** hits the fan!!

I think Mike just took it a little bit too far, maybe got ambitious and over expanded (possibly under some questionable guidance), and then found himself at the point where he was having to cut corners.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe, but then what's that saying about sh1tting on people on the way up...

Ask BB (if you can track down either of the Andy's) what they thought of Mike & his pulling of ideas...

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, fair one. I'm not saying he deserved to keep his mates if he treated them like crap (that's one for them!), just that he's not all bad and that he perhaps deserves a little bit of credit and maybe a second chance? Was always sound as a pound to me anyway.

As for BB, the less said the better!
    Last edited by T.K; 05-08-2009 at 12:33.