Post Thanks / Like

Just a thought......

On this rebuild its been apparent that you need allot of tools etc that you might not have lying around etc like engine lift welders etc now you got three choices 1 buy them which is all well and good if you got the cash but it might be a very long time until you need these again.... 2 rent it off a hire shop or 3 borrow it if your lucky enough to have someone close who has these items....... so then i thought well if the club supplied local area reps with a engine lift and a welder (for example) members could "hire" them at a very good rate hence making the club some money and 2 members can easily get hold of them without it costing ££££s, when i phoned my local hire shop up they wanted £45 quid just for the weekend......

well its just an idea fell free to shoot it down

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just a thought......

Its a very good idea... in theory...

Same could be said about air compressor's etc etc.

What 3 or 4 lads did round my way was chuck £100 in a kitty and brought some stuff between them..

Personally i am going down that route of buying my own, one bit at a time.

Renting tools for a week was nearly as much as buying them out right.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i know it would be good to get a few mates to do that....

could be stretched to a AFR sensor and software that could be loaded onto your laptop so you could get your fueling bang on etc....

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure they had something like this in OZ when I lived there .A bit more of a franchise thing where you could hire workshop/ramp/tools/ etc by the hour .
    I very much doubt it would work these days with public liability costs/pikey thefts etc ..........

Post Thanks / Like

in a perfect world it would be a good idea. but unfortinatly it would never work, buying expensive tools and storing them comes with the territiory of building your own cars. we got a welder here 3 members chipped money together all our cars have used it and already it has paid for itself. also the bits all the local members beg borrow and steal from each other is endless from a simple bolt to a engine it saves us having to store 6 of everything and we kinda have 1 massive swap shop going on.

Post Thanks / Like

like i thought it would be nice but in theory ppl would let you down