Post Thanks / Like

ASI Hoses

Has any one fitted their hoses from the group buy yet?
    Mine have been on for a couple of months now and I'm having problems with the bleed nipples again.
    When they came they were too loose and now theres coolant coming through around them..
    I'll be on the blower to SFS in the morning to see if they can put better ones in.
    I really wanted to take it out today

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ASI Hoses

Sounds like the common problem on all aftermarket hose's with the bleed nipples either leaking or snapping off, think the best ones so far are standard.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, have people had samco and SFS and the liks leak in the past?
    Is it possible to fit the renault one to them.
    And mark, I've got everything for the exhaust bar the rod so give us a shout when you're good to do it If you still want to that is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scratcher View Post
    Oh, have people had samco and SFS and the liks leak in the past?
    Is it possible to fit the renault one to them.
    And mark, I've got everything for the exhaust bar the rod so give us a shout when you're good to do it If you still want to that is.
    Yeah i can still do it mate, i'll see about doing it next weekend for you

Post Thanks / Like

scratch sfs are only in luton i had a problem with my red set that came on my car when i got it took them into sfs and they replaced it with a different style one mate much stronger . and didnt cost me a penny

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markey Mark (BD) View Post
    Yeah i can still do it mate, i'll see about doing it next weekend for you
    Cool, let me know when you're good mate. I'm off this week so I'll get the rod.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHIE View Post
    scratch sfs are only in luton i had a problem with my red set that came on my car when i got it took them into sfs and they replaced it with a different style one mate much stronger . and didnt cost me a penny
    Yeah, they're 5 minutes from me, right next to my old college. I might just pull the hoses off now and take them in in the morning.
    I won't mind paying for them though as mine aren't they're hoses. i'd feel well cheeky

Post Thanks / Like

Hey im having this exact same problem, its like the hole for the bleed nipple is to large and water is sepping around the edges, loosing lots of coolant though, its not very good, they wernt even tight when i first got them.

Post Thanks / Like

Does sound like the same problem, if I tap them side to side it trickles out.
    I can see if I can get some better ones for you tomorrow if you like?

Post Thanks / Like

Would plumbers tape not get you over this problem as a temp measure untill you get it sorted? Has anyone gone back to the company with the problem?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hebden View Post
    Would plumbers tape not get you over this problem as a temp measure untill you get it sorted? Has anyone gone back to the company with the problem?
    no the problem is the hole in the silicone itself were the nipple goes through

Post Thanks / Like

if you can remove the old nipple you could probably fit one of these and add a m5 bolt that wont leak then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    if you can remove the old nipple you could probably fit one of these and add a m5 bolt that wont leak then.
    I have small allen head bolts in mine and they dont leak, as above though use a little ptfe tape to get you out of the ****

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    if you can remove the old nipple you could probably fit one of these and add a m10 bolt that wont leak then.
    maybe i should have shown the link, it may have helped

http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p1...duct_info.html

Post Thanks / Like

Does sound like the same problem, if I tap them side to side it trickles out.
    I can see if I can get some better ones for you tomorrow if you like?
    yea thats the one, definatly the same problem, maybe worth letting them know there is a problem and seeing what they can sort out. I think ill drop them a email tomorrow night, if you find a soloution please let me know though,

Post Thanks / Like

Im assuming the fitting that goes in the hose is leaking? Nip it up nice & tight, Mine were exactly the same.

Post Thanks / Like

The one in the top rad hose is leaking around the outside of the nipple, it looks like the hole is just too big. I want to sort the other out now just so it doesn't have to be in the future.
    I'll see what SFS are saying tomorrow and report back

The ones in the link t'up there ^^ look promising though.

Post Thanks / Like

Update time.
    Just got back from SFS as the noticed the problem straight away. There should be a small washer between the plys of the hose so that the valve has a flat, solid area to clamp to. Without this the silicone will keep 'splaying' and never seal properly. Also the nipple should be glued in during production. They were going to try it on mine but without the washer it would be a pointless exercise.
    They've stopped using this type of nipple and showed me a set of the same hoses they used to make with the nipples and how they should have the washer.
    I've ordered one of their sets now, they do an RTOC discount, if anyone knew? And special cash prices

I'll be getting on to ASI now and try and send these things back.

Essay over!

Post Thanks / Like

you mention sfs a fair few time in that post above did you mean asi all the way through. IF so ill have to get in touch also and get them to sort my 2 out. Cant see it being cheap to send the hoses back out though.

Post Thanks / Like

No, I went to the SFS factory as its 5 mins away from me to see if they could do anything with them.
    I've emailed ASI to tell them about the problem so I'll wait and see what they say about them.
    I can order you an SFS set if you like? I'm going to go for tried and tested.

Post Thanks / Like

DJ, are you able to check your hoses quickly to see if they have the washer between the plys?

Post Thanks / Like

really nice offer there mate, let me have a think on it, if im honest for the hassle of swapping them all over again, and sending them back to china ill possibly give it a miss, im just going to see if i can get that bleed nipple to do what its meant to do. Its a little anoying though as thats the only problem is had with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Same, all the others are perfect. SFS showed me that theres no easy fix for these. Thats why I just ordered their ones. Only the two with the valves though.
    If you want me to order them for you it'll be a lot less than the listed price

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't fancy splashing the case those self sealing valves Marc posted a link too look like they'll do the job

Post Thanks / Like

You know, you can tighten the metal clamp that goes through the pipe, if its leaking. I've had to do it to the Samco's on my own car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adam L View Post
    You know, you can tighten the metal clamp that goes through the pipe, if its leaking. I've had to do it to the Samco's on my own car.

That's all i done on mine & it cured it. I also threadlocked mine.

Post Thanks / Like

The problem is that theres nothing solid between the plys for them to clamp against, so as I tighten them more the hole wall just gest thinner and the hole widens again.
    Me and DJ could just be unlucky that ours don't have it.

Post Thanks / Like

Update time.
    Just got back from SFS as the noticed the problem straight away. There should be a small washer between the plys of the hose so that the valve has a flat, solid area to clamp to. Without this the silicone will keep 'splaying' and never seal properly. Also the nipple should be glued in during production. They were going to try it on mine but without the washer it would be a pointless exercise.
    They've stopped using this type of nipple and showed me a set of the same hoses they used to make with the nipples and how they should have the washer.
    I've ordered one of their sets now, they do an RTOC discount, if anyone knew? And special cash prices

I'll be getting on to ASI now and try and send these things back.

Essay over!
    Sfs are top guys, got mine from them at a good price and do all sorts of different jubilee clips!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frix View Post
    Sfs are top guys, got mine from them at a good price and do all sorts of different jubilee clips!
    They were well helpfull when I went in. I was there a good 45 minutes chatting, they really put the effort in to sort me out.
    And they do some funky clips don't they.

Post Thanks / Like

I just picked my new hoses up. The bleed nipples they use are such good quality. They're put between the plys so they will never leak, and look really smart

East Midlands Regional Rep Os8472's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think everyone is missing the point, these ASI hoses are dead cheap, how much would all those hoses cost from SFS or Samco? so 2 of them might be rubbish but you could easy buy just those 2 from SFS or Samco and still have spent less

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Os8472 View Post
    I think everyone is missing the point, these ASI hoses are dead cheap, how much would all those hoses cost from SFS or Samco? so 2 of them might be rubbish but you could easy buy just those 2 from SFS or Samco and still have spent less
    Yeah, I know what you're saying, and I think the same. I was just letting people know about the problem and the alternatives in case anyone else wanted to do the same, and just to show the difference.
    I'm very happy with the other hoses, only the bleed valves let those two down, which could be just my bad luck. Which is usually the case

Post Thanks / Like

it dont matter how cheap they are, if they leak then they just aint worth having.

Post Thanks / Like

The problem is that theres nothing solid between the plys for them to clamp against, so as I tighten them more the hole wall just gest thinner and the hole widens again.
    Me and DJ could just be unlucky that ours don't have it.
    The bleed nipples on mine have no ring in between, but they do have a rubber o-ring on the underside. I just nipped mine up & they work fine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brigsy View Post
    The bleed nipples on mine have no ring in between, but they do have a rubber o-ring on the underside. I just nipped mine up & they work fine
    I done the same and they were fine for about 2 months, then they let me down
    You might be lucky though mate.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

my hoses went funny aswell on the bleed nipples. they looked a bit dodgey when i got them. they were slightly leaking around the edges of the metal itself. might have to try nipping them up then.

i was suppoused to send them back but never got round to it. bit of a shame really. good hoses otherwise

Post Thanks / Like

just letting you know i have emailed the guy with regards my "leaking nipples" so just awaiting a reply. End of the day i think he should be happy on being notified on sub standard products.