Post Thanks / Like

where can I get / what's it called?

I've seen a rubber compound that your pour into cavities in engine mounts to stiffen them up, I've seen it used on the internet, but can't recall what it was. Any experiences of it?

Looking around my car I'd like to paint a few bits - inside the arches, around the engine bay. Where can I get Aerosols made up in the right colour? - It's colour code 958 btw

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: where can I get / what's it called?

If its just rattle cans your after Halfords will make up paint for around £10 a can.I also recall seeing the compund used on engine mounts, however can't remember what its called, if it comes to me I'll post it up.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.readyforthetrack.co.uk/20...engine-mounts/

there using some form of compound there im not sure if its the same as what your thinking off

Post Thanks / Like

looks like urethane is what I want.

I'll give Halfords a go for the paint, anyone got any comments, good or bad - note that I'm not doing this on external panels, so I don't need perfection.

Post Thanks / Like

The vauxhall lads use window bond to stiffen there engine mounts, Stickaflex etc. Any local motorfactors will stock it Has the twingo got the dreaded dog bone mount?

I actually stuck a gtt rubber mount back to the metal plate with some years ago when money were tight, Worked ok until i got a new mount!
    Last edited by Brigsy; 11-04-2009 at 10:32.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Cooke View Post
    looks like urethane is what I want.

I'll give Halfords a go for the paint, anyone got any comments, good or bad - note that I'm not doing this on external panels, so I don't need perfection.
    i had some tungy paint knocked up the depends how desperate you want it mate and how smart you want it to look. there is a proper paint shop 2 mins round the corner who will knock up the colour cheaper than halfords will do it. do you have a spray can or a aerosol adaptor to work with a compressor as it makes the paint alot cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

halfords paint is funny stuff, but works as long as you dont mix with waterbased or 2k thinner/hardener etc

tigerseal/sikaflex is available from halfords fairly cheaply i think

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHIE View Post
    i had some tungy paint knocked up the depends how desperate you want it mate and how smart you want it to look. there is a proper paint shop 2 mins round the corner who will knock up the colour cheaper than halfords will do it. do you have a spray can or a aerosol adaptor to work with a compressor as it makes the paint alot cheaper.
    I don't have an adaptor, it's an interesting idea though, I'll give it some consideration.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brigsy View Post
    The vauxhall lads use window bond to stiffen there engine mounts, Stickaflex etc. Any local motorfactors will stock it Has the twingo got the dreaded dog bone mount?

I actually stuck a gtt rubber mount back to the metal plate with some years ago when money were tight, Worked ok until i got a new mount!
    no. not a dogbone, and not like a GTT either. The rear has a bracket bolted like the GTT, but uses a big round mount. The front has sticks bolted to the normal GTT type location, but they stick out into big round mounts bolted to the chassis rails. As standard they are very floppy.

Post Thanks / Like

Tigerseal it is then

Post Thanks / Like

it's Grrrrreeeeeat!