Post Thanks / Like

Re: Volvo Turbo Powered Mk2 Clio

Any one ?

Post Thanks / Like

on the Twingo I just pulled it off and blocked all the holes up

Post Thanks / Like

Don't block the tank breather thou mate, let that one vent to air...

Post Thanks / Like

Got the battery fitted in the boot today, i used a corsa 16v bolt in tray and clamp cost £16... Got a heavy duty earth lead and bolted that to the floor, i then ran a 38mm squared power cable down the inside of the car, i clipped it all along the passenger side under the plastic trim so you can't even see it's there, only took a hour and I'm pleased with the out come..

Got my alloy panel cut out ready to mount the 3 ECU's on, the main power cable comes in just above it and i will have a isolator switch mounted next to the fuel cut switch.. And also extended the speed sensor wires so they reach the gear box and neatly tied my wires i need together and all the ones i dont need are now ready to be mounted in a box which i will fit under the passerger head light/ arch liner out the way..

Idea's welcome chaps..

Post Thanks / Like

Bit more progress..

Got all the wiring loom sorted today decided to mount the two volvo ecu's under the scuttle panel out the way and clipped the loom in place down the inner wing...
    Just made a hole in the bulk head panel for the wires to go through and i also fitted a ignition feed to the loom and put a direct feed to the fuel pump from the volvo loom, decided against the idea of keeping the clio fuel circuit as it kept cutting out and restarting, i'd say it's summit to do with half the renault ecu being dissconnected lol...

When panel is fitted it looks perfect i think..

Moved all the renault ecu to under the head light on the chassis rail, all water proof and all the dead wires bunched up..
    Also extended the main live on the volvo loom and roughly posistioned it where i need it to be..

Post Thanks / Like

whilst were talking about a volvo 480t were can i get a 480t valeo clutch from does anyone know?? and if possible a serial number??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by renault5gtboi View Post
    whilst were talking about a volvo 480t were can i get a 480t valeo clutch from does anyone know?? and if possible a serial number??
    Gsf mate, german sweedish and french, they do a valeo clutch kit for 115 quid i think...

https://secure.gsfcarparts.com/shop/results.asp

Nope £138.85..

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if you'll come across this problem but on the 3 clio's of that shape I worked on I found the starter motor would only run for about 2 seconds max and then cut-out. You had to turn the key off and back on to get it to crank again. If you have this problem you need to fetch out one of the smaller oblong relays in the fuse box and bypass it. Your's might be OK since you still have the original ecu plugged in.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine seams to be ok at the mo mate, but i have kept the original starter circuit and ecu..
    Heres a short vid of it running today after doing all the wiring..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnYIIkLZPM0

Next on the list before i pull the lump out to fit clutch and fly wheel is all the water pipes, not looking for ward to it one bit...

Any body got any ideas what would go where, the thermostat has a out let on the side of the head, any idea where that would go..

Post Thanks / Like

looking good mate, good to see it running, cant wait till mine gets to the same point

Post Thanks / Like

Slight progress..

Managed to source a volvo fly wheel,clutch and later spec better ecu's Maroon labled...

Got engine back in now and running just trying to plumb up all the water hoses in a tidy manner then i need to source a intercooler from some where and try get that to fit...

Where abouts do i start with the intercooler hoses, i haven't got alot of room down there and i havent really got any pipe work other than what volvo used which is pointless to me really..

Any body good with from mounts ?

Post Thanks / Like

Fitting a front mount wouldn't be too much trouble mate, just need to work out pipe run and what bends you need. You can buy silicone bends or do the job and some straight hose to join it all together, could even have some pipe bent to limi the amount of joins you have.

Post Thanks / Like

Had alot of progress but not much that pic's can explain really..

Got my new volvo flywheel and 215 mm clutch fitted

Got all the loom in and cabled tied in nice and neat around engine and rad etc.. Got all the coolant system sorted and a nice warm heater inside..

I got alot more dun today but havent got round to taking pictures yet.. Got the exhaust and drive shafts left to fit now i have a question about the exhaust but ill ask that in the tech section as im unsure which route to take...

Comments and thoughts welcome

Post Thanks / Like

Plenty of progress, i removed the top half of the dash and wired all my gauges in and rev counter wires..

And all finished

Engine bay is nearly all done, just have to buy a filter and wire in the fan on it's own circuit..

Got my down pipe and cat on ready for mot just need to make the rest of the system but unsure what the best approach is...

Good news is I made it on a 3 mile test drive, very impressed with the power and the fact that every thing works, all gauges, brakes, gears, steering the lot.. Just got a very slight water leak off the back of the turbo, i had to bend the water outlet pipe round so it cleared the speed sensor but i think the banjo fitting on the end may be split or bent causing it to not seal properly but appart from that every thing else seams fine...

15" wheels, bigger brakes and lowering is next on cards

Post Thanks / Like

Good job there matey, i would keep it exactly how it is apart from upgrading the brakes. Its a perfect sleeper

Post Thanks / Like

This is now for sale just needs exhaust to finish, £500 quid the whole lot or £325 for engine,loom and box etc...

See the classifieds ad's...

Loss of job - forces quick sale..

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TURBO'D CLIO View Post
    This is now for sale just needs exhaust to finish, £500 quid the whole lot or £325 for engine,loom and box etc...

See the classifieds ad's...

Loss of job - forces quick sale..
    Sorry to hear that mate. Its a real shame when you put a lot of effort into it.

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome thread chap!!