Post Thanks / Like

conrod issue

ok ive put my new wossner con rods in and the crank keeps locking up. so i got them checked at the engineers incase the caps had been mixed up anyway they wernt the all measured 47.55 in diameter without the bearing in situ which is what wossner state on there website. . so i tried a std set of rods in with the same bearings and the engine turned over with ease. so i have narrowed it down to the rods being the fault . so i have had an original set measured and the measured at 47.63 not what wossner make them at 47.55. has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions as to why they have made them smaller. i am waiting for a email back from there tec department but wanted to see if anyone had any ideas of there own
    Last edited by RICHIE; 29-03-2009 at 22:07. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

Re: conrod issue

sounds like you need .10 undersized shells? if there is such a thing available off the shelf?

Quote Originally Posted by RICHIE View Post
    ok ive put my new wossner con rods in and the crank keeps locking up. so i got them checked at the engineers incase the caps had been mixed up anyway they wernt the all measured 47.55 in diameter without the bearing in situ which is what wossner state on there website. . so i tried a std set of rods in with the same bearings and the engine turned over with ease. so i have narrowed it down to the rods being the fault . so i have had an original set measured and the measured at 47.63 not what wossner make them at 47.55. has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions as to why they have made them smaller. i am waiting for a email back from there tec department but wanted to see if anyone had any ideas of there own

Post Thanks / Like

Re: conrod issue

Quote Originally Posted by olidaviesuk View Post
    sounds like you need .10 undersized shells? if there is such a thing available off the shelf?
    I'd say a wheely-bin

Post Thanks / Like

Re: con rods issue

spoke to wossner they have changed the size of there rods now they went through there tech spec sheet and there was a mistake with the rod size and the data so hopefully it will be sorted now

Post Thanks / Like

quality product

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you told them how much time/money the pissing about cost you... gotta be worth a discount.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Cooke View Post
    I hope you told them how much time/money the pissing about cost you... gotta be worth a discount.
    i made sure i got my point accross thats for sure andy they measure theres at 47.614 rather than the 47.55 so im awaitng a new set see how i go from there cheers for you help though via pm mate