Post Thanks / Like

Nurburgring - Noise Testing

Just to warn everybody - I got noise tested today at the Ring when I was about to go out on my third lap. I recorded 94.7 decibals @ 2,800 revs, was a very lucky escape

A couple of pics..had to take a few pics of this immaculate Gordini, awesome

Some great laps, so quiet it was like a closed trackday, & no bikes at all. Completely annihilated my suspension though...

Last edited by Duncs; 15-03-2009 at 15:10.

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nurburgring - Noise Testing

I recognise that car, what happened to the petrol cap? hows the valver running round the track?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    I recognise that car, what happened to the petrol cap? hows the valver running round the track?
    The filler cap broke

The car felt really good round the Ring, puts the power down really well - loads of torque & predictable. It was wet in places, had to take care.

But suspension is in need of some work, several knocks appeared today. Think the strut bearings have gone, & at least one of the driveshafts mmm.. I was going to change the set-up so perhaps a good opportunity to get it sorted. Amazing just how demanding that track is on a car.

Based on today I'd imagine your car would be insanely fast round the Ring.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duncs View Post
    The filler cap broke

The car felt really good round the Ring, puts the power down really well - loads of torque & predictable. It was wet in places, had to take care.

But suspension is in need of some work, several knocks appeared today. Think the strut bearings have gone, & at least one of the driveshafts mmm.. I was going to change the set-up so perhaps a good opportunity to get it sorted. Amazing just how demanding that track is on a car.

remember seeing that up4 sale a few mths back.... lovely looking 5 mate. enjoy yourself on the ring??? im gonna have2 go at some point.

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duncs View Post
    From the initial blast round before having to slow down due to running temps it was a bit scary some points, but that was running low boost though, kicked in nicely and had a play with many of cars round there, fingers cross all goes well and sept it will be over there again running more power this time

That car of yours made me do this conversion in the first place, it just drove so nicely all through the gears, I just went one step further.

Got to sort out that strut brace, clearing space up for this new raider project. Most of the last one in now in the tip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blick View Post
    remember seeing that up4 sale a few mths back.... lovely looking 5 mate. enjoy yourself on the ring??? im gonna have2 go at some point.
    Thanks. Was a total bargain. Been dry stored since Jon sold it, bodywork is superb. Mechanically spot on. Previous owner had performed a few mods but nearly back to how it was Jon did a great job on that car.

Bit bling for me, it may look a bit more o.e soon..but it does get some looks, so many generic cars there today its just something a little bit different..

Had a great time today, definitely get yourself out there

Post Thanks / Like

The 5 definitely benefits from having that F7P dropped in there, weight is the advantage in that shell as i remember last year taking the R19 16V round the ring and on the uphill sections it was to put it bluntly gutless. The GTT with a nice turbo works on the Ring, plenty of torque drags it up those hilly parts quite nicely

Deffo miss the 5 with nice power

Post Thanks / Like

so is just random then,like you get chosen an could be unlucky??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J$£5GTT View Post
    so is just random then,like you get chosen an could be unlucky??
    Modified cars are always more likely to be tested I guess. Apparently there are noise meters on the circuit, according to the Ben Lovejoy site.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I WANNA GO, I WANNA GO, I WANNA GO!!

Millie & I were showing a mate our Nurburgring Video footage last night & add that to the fact that I've seen this post I've really got the bug to be going again!!!

Roll on September I say!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve - Raider View Post
    I WANNA GO, I WANNA GO, I WANNA GO!!

Millie & I were showing a mate our Nurburgring Video footage last night & add that to the fact that I've seen this post I've really got the bug to be going again!!!

Roll on September I say!!

ima shove a huge bratwurst up my sidey that will silence
    it.....

Post Thanks / Like

Nice one Dunc, i remember seeing that Gordini when we were there back in October, lovely

East Midlands Regional Rep Os8472's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah crap, mine won't be allowed then, it got a 99.9db at bedford, god knows what it'll be once the screamer pipe is on

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Os8472 View Post
    Ah crap, mine won't be allowed then, it got a 99.9db at bedford, god knows what it'll be once the screamer pipe is on

wont make any difference for a static test though....and as for noise meters round the circuit...i taken the batteries out