Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Extra turbo.

Nothing too drastic after all those years of abuse mate ! well done....If its managed to survive me driving it afew times then im sure shes got years of life left in her

Post Thanks / Like

Well aye, its served well. Who says these c1j's cant be reliable when built proper?

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome project, what a weapon!!

Post Thanks / Like

Waiting for the new turbo to turn up so done a couple of bits today.

Heatwrap was knackered on downpipe so redone it. Under the heatwrap the downpipe is a lovely shade of blue & a few random dents that the old exhaust turbine made when it sheared off, here is a pic of one if you look carefully.

Finished job

Engine bay cleaned up a bit - its not as minty mint as it used to be but still half decent..

Post Thanks / Like

Looking good matey

Post Thanks / Like

1st time iv read this as its hard to read anyone's on a iPhone.. But well done mate iv see on one of your last videos the AFRs are rich that's how mine are now as you said I'm going to up the boost a couple at a time but I need to get a stethascope first.. Grat thread and a grey van

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The engine bay might not be mint any more mate but it's still tidy, and more importantly used! I can't stand cars that aren't used properly its such a waste. Drive it like you stole it = Happy Car, Happy Owner

Post Thanks / Like

Agree totally Dave, its got a few battle wounds on the bodywork too. All adds character!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brigsy View Post
    Agree totally Dave, its got a few battle wounds on the bodywork too. All adds character!
    Ah yes, the scars. My fave is the dent in the roof of the Fuego where the bonnet tore off during a vmax run down the long straight at Brunters

About wet myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Well its all back together and running well. Have fitted a rebuilt t28 with .49 rear for now whilst i get some money together to get the gt2560 modified. Boost only at 1.2bar and afr's are in the tens so need to downsize the jetting slightly at the weekend.

Also started another job that needed attention asap tonight. As a few people will know the drivers side door pins have been absolutely knackered for years. The door had dropped that much that i was struggling to shut it.

Anyway i attempted to fix this last year but i soon found out the top torx pin was absolutely seized in the hinge thats fixed to the car. The actual hinge on the door has worn top and bottom!? The slamming of the door has resulted in the hinge coming away from the door skin so needed attention asap before a new door was needed.

Tonight i attempted to undo it and sheared the bottom part off. No amount of smashing the pin would move it so resorted to using a hacksaw blade between hinge, cutting the pin. Door is now off with minimal damage and needs the hinge shimming or renewing if im feeling flush. Next job is to drill the remains of the pin out the hinge

Post Thanks / Like

PMT welded sill still holding up well by the looks ??

Post Thanks / Like

I've just used the kit that cgb supply, 2 x torx pins and 4 sleeves on a my 5 that i replaced the drivers door on, it has now a torx pin door but originally roll pin hinges, i drilled the hinges out too 8mm and inserted the sleeves, lined up the door and bob's your uncle worked a treat and is solid

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick k View Post
    I've just used the kit that cgb supply, 2 x torx pins and 4 sleeves on a my 5 that i replaced the drivers door on, it has now a torx pin door but originally roll pin hinges, i drilled the hinges out too 8mm and inserted the sleeves, lined up the door and bob's your uncle worked a treat and is solid
    we sell them cheaper

Post Thanks / Like

Got mine cheaper from you mike. Turned up in less than 24hrs was impressed!

Need to drill the remains out the hinge at the weekend, Its absolutely solid. Mine are already torx nick just seized solid

Post Thanks / Like

Long time no update..

France/belgium and back for sangliers 2012. No engine probs but 4th gear went boom on the way home.

Resulted in this

On the rolling road at efi-parts. Engine still sweet as a nut, still driven hard when used

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6v36ySrwm6Y

Plans for this year?! Just drive it fast...