Post Thanks / Like

Bumper fitment advice and possible damage?

Unfortunately i hit a bmw the other day in my pride and joy r5 gtt phase 2 and smashed my bumper off on one side,bent the corner of my front end a little but nothing structural,pranged the wing and smashed the headlight.

Rang renault up and they done me a new light for £32.The guy said they are ususally £53 and he was doing me a good deal because im often through getting bits.But im sure ive heard they are that price anyways.Got a davids isopon fibreglass/resin kit to sort my bumper for £13 and gonna get some cellulose paint from halfords soon and got most of the other stuff i need.Anyways ive got a few questions id love you to answer please that would really help me a lot.

This isnt my car by the way its just an example i will get pictures of my car tomorow if i need to.

This is a bad picture and doesnt show the bit im talking about because of the intercooler but hopefully you will understand.

First of all the two metal bits that go from where the plastic block bits are on this pic that hold the bumper on place to down under the car dont look even either side and their is different length bolts and different size nuts either side.Basically the drivers side one looks a bit turned and doesnt sit flush with the front bar like the passenger side does.Sorry for my lack of terms.The car looks solid suprisingly and not rusty as i expected.Just wondered if it may have been in a knock before? I did hpi check it and it was clean but the guy who owned it before said he hit a pheasent which i doubt would do this damage(if thats what it is).He never mentioned a few things about the car either so i dont really trust him when he said it had never been crashed.The car drives great but id like to know if this is acceptable.Will get pics tommorow anyways.

Next question is i noticed theirs hook parts on the back of the bumper.Where do these attatch or does the bumper just attatch under the arches on either side with a screw and a bolt?

Last question.Whats the point in the tow eye ring that has a cover over it(not that i have one) because their is one that sticks out the bumper at all times isnt their?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by LukeRobbo; 04-03-2009 at 01:23.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bumper fitment advice and possible damage?

Anyone please?