Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renault World Series Nurburgring, September 18th-20th & Ring Jolly

well guys have just come back from nurburgring 2day went to watch bike racing over the weekend, very impressive all being regenerated up at the grand prix circuit still alot to build and still under going work at the track and surroundings just something to remember at the nordschleife and the nurburgring you need a 'nurburgring card' bit like a credit card you add money to it and pay for everything with it including the ring laps its the only way to pay for stuff up at the ring and the track wish i could come with you lot but cant afford to go twice in a month

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mr bean aka pete View Post
    well guys have just come back from nurburgring 2day went to watch bike racing over the weekend, very impressive all being regenerated up at the grand prix circuit still alot to build and still under going work at the track and surroundings just something to remember at the nordschleife and the nurburgring you need a 'nurburgring card' bit like a credit card you add money to it and pay for everything with it including the ring laps its the only way to pay for stuff up at the ring and the track wish i could come with you lot but cant afford to go twice in a month

what is that something new then?

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve - Raider View Post
    ATTENTION ALL 'RINGERS!!

Buy a copy of this months Redline Magazine for a free Nordschliefe Lap at a cost of £4.35 for the Magazine!!!
    Is that Sept or August edition. Went to the petrol station and found sept but couldn't see a ticket inside it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    Is that Sept or August edition. Went to the petrol station and found sept but couldn't see a ticket inside it.

Dale, it just says 'Autumn'#146. It has 2 Focus ST's on the front It's a special Nurburg edition apparently!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

mr bean, did you go on the ring?
    We got back last night, went sat morning and did afew laps yesterday. I was in a black 4 door 325 e30, doest really help as there were loads on track! amongst us we had 2 scoobys, a e36 325 with snoot green alloys and wing mirrors, a 406v6 coupe and a vw t25 van with posche wheels! had a great weekend, i did 6 laps and 2 halfs starting at halfway, only managed 10:48, wish I had studied the lap on gt4 like some of the others as I didnt know the track at all, oh and i used my redline voucher, wish i had bought loads more tho, would of saved myself a bomb!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, what a great edition!! It has everything and some very useful tips! Ok, a lot of it is common sense but the history and facts are excellent! Not to mention the subtle hints about when on track! I was quiet in work today so read it from cover to cover...Even my business partner who has no interest in cars whatsoever thought it was excellent!! And a free (ish) lap as well! Happy days

Post Thanks / Like

Managed to find 1 mag out of the 4 places I looked at tonight. Visit the town centre tomorrow and hope tescos have got it.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lomo View Post
    Well, what a great edition!! It has everything and some very useful tips! Ok, a lot of it is common sense but the history and facts are excellent! Not to mention the subtle hints about when on track! I was quiet in work today so read it from cover to cover...Even my business partner who has no interest in cars whatsoever thought it was excellent!! And a free (ish) lap as well! Happy days
    Made me a little sad when I read it though as you can see that the Nurburgring is selling out BIG STYLEE!!

Post Thanks / Like

Made me a little sad when I read it though as you can see that the Nurburgring is selling out BIG STYLEE!!
    Hmm yeh. Its almost becoming a victim of its own success! Roller-coasters, hotels etc. I think the secret is not to go to far with things like this and just stay genuine. Keep it almost old fashioned! I think the next couple of years will be important for the Ring.
    What i did find fascinating is the southern track!! Some of it is still there! I'd love to go search it out when we go!

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lomo View Post
    Hmm yeh. Its almost becoming a victim of its own success! Roller-coasters, hotels etc. I think the secret is not to go to far with things like this and just stay genuine. Keep it almost old fashioned! I think the next couple of years will be important for the Ring.
    What i did find fascinating is the southern track!! Some of it is still there! I'd love to go search it out when we go!
    Myself, AlexS & Mart went of roading in the forest in december 07, found some fo the old track was good to see in the flesh.

I would like to do a day out again and have a good walk through the forest... but beleive me would have to be a day out.... we had about 4 hours or so driving through it!

Post Thanks / Like

just picked it up great read for that type of mag wheres all the ladies gone lol ?? , i quite like that read about the st as well cnt wait to go now

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Penfold;98453]Myself, AlexS & Mart went of roading in the forest in december 07, found some fo the old track was good to see in the flesh.

I would like to do a day out again and have a good walk through the forest... but beleive me would have to be a day out.... we had about 4 hours or so driving through it!

Its gotta be something to do next time then if not this time...

Post Thanks / Like

isnt there some cracking viewing points with a little effort an walk through forest,
    cant remember but there is one corner where there are usually lots of photographers?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J$£5GTT View Post
    isnt there some cracking viewing points with a little effort an walk through forest,
    cant remember but there is one corner where there are usually lots of photographers?
    There loads of good viewing point's, just requires abit of time and effort to walk there.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold View Post
    There loads of good viewing point's, just requires abit of time and effort to walk there.
    Yeah I want to try & get to Adenau Forscht sometime over the weekend & spot the ring regulars from the wannabe's.

Post Thanks / Like

I have just cancelled my booking at the main hotel so there is a double room available for the 2 nights. I guess it may be worth contacting the hotel directly if needed - the booking was under Duncan Grier

DG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaffa View Post
    what is that something new then?

Jaffa, it's no big deal. When you buy laps you now get a card that you keep and just add more cash onto it when it runs down. The cafe now doesn't take cash, so just use the ring card in there as well, as long as there's credit on it.

Bit of a cash gathering technique for them because I'm sure plenty of people go home with credit still on their cards and many won't go back to use it. Personally I don't like it but I'm sure they think win win.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Where do you get the ring(-piece) cards from?

Post Thanks / Like

Steve, at the same ticket desk. You get a credit card instead of the paper ticket, then keep topping it up with laps/credits.

Are you on your hols yet mate?

Non-member Tom@SimplyAutomotive's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Ive booked the hotel and ferry pass, just need to know... how do i get tickets and can i pay for the lap round the track on the day?

Also, anyone know of any good track insurance for me (20 years old)???

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TOMS-GTT View Post

Ive booked the hotel and ferry pass, just need to know... how do i get tickets and can i pay for the lap round the track on the day?

Tickets are purchased on day, could find a redline magazine with nurburgring special edition with a free lap of track

Track day insurance is slim to none as it would be very expensive if you do find it and also the excess will be very high.

Can get recovery off the track but I think it was only just a bit cheaper than just being recovered once off the track but is covered for the year. Thats with ADAC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alister View Post
    mr bean, did you go on the ring?
    We got back last night, went sat morning and did afew laps yesterday. I was in a black 4 door 325 e30, doest really help as there were loads on track! amongst us we had 2 scoobys, a e36 325 with snoot green alloys and wing mirrors, a 406v6 coupe and a vw t25 van with posche wheels! had a great weekend, i did 6 laps and 2 halfs starting at halfway, only managed 10:48, wish I had studied the lap on gt4 like some of the others as I didnt know the track at all, oh and i used my redline voucher, wish i had bought loads more tho, would of saved myself a bomb!

yes i went on the ring was 2 up on a gsxr 1000 he was a ring regular even scared me going 2 up on a bike with knee down and had a passenger lap in a porche gt3 the 1 wiv blue wheels and roll cage, i did notice a bmw wiv green wheels bit bright for my liking

and regarding the card as already stated you add money to it to get the laps simaliar to a credit card can get them allmost anywhere around the circuit and attractions

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice one on getting booked up Tom!

When are you getting their?? Friday afternoon/evening??

If you're their before 7:30ish you can still join us for our Pistenklause meal if you like?

Post Thanks / Like

what company are you with for your insurance? admiral told me i had to be 25 to drive abroad... insured with them as did tesco... and sombody else...

please tell me... or have you not checked? some companys are right strange!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Millie & I are on holiday for a week as of tomorrow; so I won't be able to answer any PM's regarding this trip until next Thu.

All the info anyone should need is on this posting anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Millie & I are on holiday for a week as of tomorrow; so I won't be able to answer any PM's regarding this trip until next Thu.

loads of time then steve to clean an polish the raider so its as clean
    as mine......happy hols me babbers!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Steve, could you pm me your number please

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J$£5GTT View Post
    loads of time then steve to clean an polish the raider so its as clean
    as mine......happy hols me babbers!!!!!!!

Yeah one day J, One day i'll get my car to match yours!

See you & wingman M in Ashford next Friday!!

BTW we're going to the Monza GP this weekend & i'm taking an RTOC T-Shirt!! Keep your eye's peeled for Millie & I!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice one on getting booked up Tom!

When are you getting their?? Friday afternoon/evening??

If you're their before 7:30ish you can still join us for our Pistenklause meal if you like?

Cheers Steve, well i cant get the day off on Friday so im going to sneak off a little early and get the 6.00 ferry from dover. Should be at the hotel in time to see everyone ...LOL.
    Cant wait...

JRP, im with yes insurance and all i had to do was notify them of the dates that im abroad at no extra charge...

Post Thanks / Like

You staying at same hotel then Tom?

Post Thanks / Like

Yea hotel riede...managed to get one of the cancelled rooms. Me and my mate are staying there.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea hotel riede...managed to get one of the cancelled rooms. Me and my mate are staying there.
    Good work, especially this close to going

Post Thanks / Like

see u all on friday got i leave thursday nite from hull see you at the hotel i will be in the little clio tce 1.2 turbo 09 plate cant wait

Post Thanks / Like

JRP, im with yes insurance and all i had to do was notify them of the dates that im abroad at no extra charge...[/quote]

awsum im ringing them up next ta mate

Post Thanks / Like

Most insurance companys just require you to ring up and just notify them. Speak to your insurance company when you switch and see if they offer this.

Honorary Member Bruce - BHPerformance's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maria and I are booked in to the Eureka Park Premier Inn for thursday night.
    Is that where everyone else is staying?
    If not where are you all so we can meet up for pre trip beers and banter?

Post Thanks / Like

Most of us are traveling down early friday mornind Bruce. Not sure who is staying in Ashford ??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce - BHPerformance View Post
    Maria and I are booked in to the Eureka Park Premier Inn for thursday night.
    Is that where everyone else is staying?
    If not where are you all so we can meet up for pre trip beers and banter?
    Dale & Adian, J & Krisy M are staying at mine, less then 5 min drive from my house... but a new beefeater is next door (where charlotte works)

There is a more local premier inn to my house but Eureka park is better for food/beers...

Post Thanks / Like

Kris just said driving down friday morning and Penfold says staying at his.

Post Thanks / Like

were drivin down friday morning..

Post Thanks / Like

You must be leaving early if you are on the same ferry as us!

Post Thanks / Like

You must be leaving early if you are on the same ferry as us!
    yep !!! ...getting up early and blasting down,be nice that time i reckon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Likewise, We are leaving Thursday night/Friday morning. We were originally going to stay over but both of us have to work so its a 1am start ....Open roads and a full tank of juice...Cruise control set @ 70!

Post Thanks / Like

Im leaving about 2am with afew coffee breaks should be about right for 4.30am tesco arrival

Post Thanks / Like

Kris just said driving down friday morning and Penfold says staying at his.
    I thought Kris was staying at mine & he post whilst i was typing, in that case i have a spare room...

Anybody interested?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold View Post
    I thought Kris was staying at mine & he post whilst i was typing, in that case i have a spare room...

Anybody interested?
    How many rooms you got?? I got a room still?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    How many rooms you got?? I got a room still?
    I have 2 spare rooms, urs is 1 of them :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good get Aidan in the other room so thats taken

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to interupt but 1 WEEK TODAY