Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Raider Badges

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold View Post
    Hope they wont have DOGZ on them as i dont think many people will buy them lol
    Read my mind

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure they are not a little bit too bright?

Post Thanks / Like

no they wont have dogz on them!!!!!

ahahah
    anyone else feel the colour is too much?
    im gona wait til fri before i order...thats if im happy they are near enough bang on
    d

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgdogz View Post
    anyone else feel the colour is too much?
    im gona wait til fri before i order...thats if im happy they are near enough bang on
    d
    I'd say they need to be a little darker although it could just be the brightness setting of my monitor

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Only way is comparing the two together to see how close the match is.

Post Thanks / Like

id rather have the correct colour before going to print
    i dont think there way out to be honest but i will darken the blue down now that yo have said that
    cheers folks
    hopefully ill place the order tomorow

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought they were giving you a pre-production sample that is where you can match the colour. when you recieve that also take pictures of it, rather see quality of the sample first before putting money ahead.

Post Thanks / Like

i know the quality is perfect its just the colour
    i have samples of there quality here and they are 100% perfect
    only minor thing is the colour

Post Thanks / Like

i know the quality is perfect its just the colour
    i have samples of there quality here and they are 100% perfect
    only minor thing is the colour
    Thats not perfect then is it Dogg!!! I'm sure you'll get it right fella

Post Thanks / Like

dont worry
    i will
    hahaha

Post Thanks / Like

1 set over here if they can sort them
    thanks

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Edd=1 pair please

As long as they don't have dogz in the background

Post Thanks / Like

hello folks sorry bout the delay been mental busy with work
    this is still on...im just waiting for them to confirm the design and the new colour change and its away we go

just a double check on the names

edd
    matt1334
    bigsteve
    bigfoot
    chris t x2 sets
    gttjay

Post Thanks / Like

hello folks sorry bout the delay been mental busy with work
    this is still on...im just waiting for them to confirm the design and the new colour change and its away we go

just a double check on the names

edd
    matt1334
    bigsteve
    bigfoot
    chris t x2 sets
    gttjay
    - when/how will you want the cash?

Post Thanks / Like

well paypal wouldnt have been great but i have been spared the burden of making these by the club

basically ive been told not to get them done as the club are getting them made...not very helpful when ive wasted my time and others...aswell as my money for a production sample.
    sorry to let you all down...not my fault
    pretty annoyed about this...no warning...no discussion even after all the arrangements i made and time i spent looking into getting them done...emailing the company, getting them to change things to make them 120% perfect.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

well paypal wouldnt have been great but i have been spared the burden of making these by the club

basically ive been told not to get them done as the club are getting them made...not very helpful when ive wasted my time and others...aswell as my money for a production sample.
    sorry to let you all down...not my fault
    pretty annoyed about this...no warning...no discussion even after all the arrangements i made and time i spent looking into getting them done...emailing the company, getting them to change things to make them 120% perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

same mate...
    kinda dissappointed in a sense

Post Thanks / Like

was the message from the commitee. mabe the club have a reason for suggesting they take over the group by im sure they will clarify it in this post. you did a good job though fella

Post Thanks / Like

yes from miller
    to save me the outlay of me buying them and also the risk of not selling them...also he can get them cheaper and wil sell them in the shop.
    didnt really seem acceptable tbh...what business or buyer doesnt take a risk when have somthing produced to an exact size/shape/colour/design/material????

Post Thanks / Like

yeah it was from miller
    to spare me the outlay and risk of not selling them...he can get them cheaper and will sell them in the shop.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah it was from miller
    to spare me the outlay and risk of not selling them...he can get them cheaper and will sell them in the shop.
    i understand what miller is saying he could be doing you a favor they might not sell.mabe a pm to say the club was sourcing some wouldnt have gone a miss to save your time but sometimes these things get overlooked. dont take it to heart.

Post Thanks / Like

too late
    its done now so no point in raffling on
    dissappointed...thats about that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHIE View Post
    was the message from the committee. maybe the club have a reason for suggesting they take over the group by im sure they will clarify it in this post. you did a good job though fella

I would like to explain why the club has sourced these badges instead of djdogz, there are two main reasons: cost to djdogz and a better price to the members

Cost to djdogz
    The club can afford to have these sitting in stock, but we think it would be unfair for him to pay out for the minimum order quantity (100). He offered them to the club at £15 a set (I assume that is the trade price he is paying) so with his min order of 100 @ £7.50 each that is a grant total £750 pounds. As you can see the potential for him to be out of pocket is very high, if he cannot sell the remaining badges that did not get sold on this thread.

Better price for members
    After speaking to our supplier the other day, he has given me a quote that will work out a better buy for the members. The club will be selling them thought the shop for between £10-15 a set and that will also include a rear raider window sticker.

Also i have an original badge for them to match exactly, i am just waiting on a few close up pictures of the rear window sticker then we can complete the kits.

So IMO it will work out better for everyone.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

my financial situation and bank balance aint really a concern for anyone on here.

you want stickers?....i got them...you like the price?...you like the quality?...yes please...no problem...heres your stickers...thanks mate...no worries mate.
    job done
    it would have went kinda like that

thers no need for financial breakdown.
    people aggreed to the price...simple story simple ending.
    its done now

edit to the ending
    thanks to the guys who placed ther name down...further apologies..but you can get your stickers in the club.cheers again

Post Thanks / Like

GREAT NEWS GUYS !!!!!!!!!!

After reading Millers response I agree we must ensure all users who want to buy get the best deal possible.

I have spoken with my financial backer who has gone back to the supplier and renegotiated a new deal based on the details you provided above.

We can now supply our users at £6 per set including postage and packing.

I'm sure we both want the same thing ... Value for our fellow forum members.

Based on we can now offer at 1/2 the price you negotiated we have confirmed the order and made payment to the supplier this afternnon. Delivery to me of the stock is confirmed to be 10 - 14 days so please contact me directly to confirm orders and payment daro@ukcanvas.com

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have roughly followed this thread as my interest is in the reproduction rather than the product.

Even if Dgdogz is supplying them etc I think being available through the club shop would be a good idea/more exposure.

Well done on this though mate. Anyone who goes through this much trouble to benefit the club deserves a .

Just my 2 pence while I was reading

Post Thanks / Like

GREAT NEWS GUYS !!!!!!!!!!

After reading Millers response I agree we must ensure all users who want to buy get the best deal possible.

I have spoken with my financial backer who has gone back to the supplier and renegotiated a new deal based on the details you provided above.

I'm sure we both want the same thing ... Value for our fellow forum members.

Based on we can now offer at 1/2 the price you negotiated we have confirmed the order and made payment to the supplier this afternnon. Delivery to me of the stock is confirmed to be 10 - 14 days so please contact me directly to confirm orders and payment daro@ukcanvas.com
    Well done Dogz keep up the good work....

Post Thanks / Like

cheers mate

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

E-mailed!

Glad you managed to come to an agreement with your financial backer

Post Thanks / Like

well the conversation made me want to get a better deal as miller said for the good of club members
    so with a little help thats what happened
    result

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    I would like to explain why the club has sourced these badges instead of djdogz, there are two main reasons: cost to djdogz and a better price to the members

Cost to djdogz
    The club can afford to have these sitting in stock, but we think it would be unfair for him to pay out for the minimum order quantity (100). He offered them to the club at £15 a set (I assume that is the trade price he is paying) so with his min order of 100 @ £7.50 each that is a grant total £750 pounds. As you can see the potential for him to be out of pocket is very high, if he cannot sell the remaining badges that did not get sold on this thread.

Better price for members
    After speaking to our supplier the other day, he has given me a quote that will work out a better buy for the members. The club will be selling them thought the shop for between £10-15 a set and that will also include a rear raider window sticker.

Also i have an original badge for them to match exactly, i am just waiting on a few close up pictures of the rear window sticker then we can complete the kits.

So IMO it will work out better for everyone.

Chris
    what about copyright infringement,or does it not matter?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just let me know when where how to send the money!

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a very big price reduction indeed.

Was there originally a very big mark up indeed?

Why the club wasn't interested in paying the asking price to put them in the shop was because the club was quoted a MUCH MUCH lower price by a manufacturer and it was assumed that the dgdogz price was MASSIVELY inflated. The committee do try to not get ripped off when buying items to sell in the shop. Doing otherwise would be a dereliction of duty.

Post Thanks / Like

spot on pm me with the info and details on payment etc, think il have two sets now.

top job dude

Post Thanks / Like

pmd u matey

Post Thanks / Like

Hello to everyone and excuse me if I may sound a little bitter but the circumstances and some posts that I have read here are far beyond logical thinking and too misleading.

First of all let me clarify some facts regarding the subject you name as "Raider badges" and a brief introduction of my profile and love for renaults, since I am a returning member and not a new one like you see.

Fact 1:
    2000 Alain Oreille cars were produced worldwide and RHD 5's ones were only the 1/5 of that figure.

Fact 2:
    This was a limited edition version of the car that is EXTREMELY difficult (if not impossible) to see in our streets, unmolested and perfectly preserved, in order to know exactly what we are discussing about.

Fact 3:
    Many of us have a crush on the specific model, eg me and my brother own 2 of them and a 1991 phase 2. Some of us had the luck to obtain such a car... others are just in search of one, or daydreaming and for sure cannot respect the value, love and devotion Alain Oreille owners share.

Fact 4:
    The restoration, which is inevitable because of the age of the specific model, is indeed a challenge. As some of you have already posted correctly, the only thing that they would stick on their door pillars would be ONLY the genuine or a PERFECT reproduction of the badge (which by the way is OUT OF STOCK WORLDWIDE and when it was available it retailed @ 100 pounds per PIECE!!!). For all others that can live with cheap substitutes or whatever fulfills their taste is a completely different story and there is no need to spend their time reading this or even replying.

Now, driven from our passion to restore one of our Alain Orielle edition GT and having in hand the GENUINE badges we spent 4 months researching manufacturers, suppliers, workshops, techniques, etc in order to reproduce the ULTIMATE copy. Trust me in this because I am in the field of graphics and materials for a living the past 15 years and my experience and standards are too hard to be satisfied.

At first I found it funny for a guy that doesn't even know what the ACTUAL badge is like, trying to reproduce it, using various hilarious ways in order to understand what is needed. Examples?
    Size... (thank god I mentioned it on the listing)
    Shape... sketched with no actual item in his disposal as a sample
    Colours... blue? bluer? metallic? solid? LOL... are you serious mate? Every monitor has its own compensation and calibration in colours so the lighter or darker refinements you tried to do believe me are way out of reassuring the EXACT PERFECT copy like you insist on. And even if you manage to get a satisfying result in your monitor metallic colours are not printed like you say but are offered into specific colours and there is NO supplier in the world who would manufacture the specific colours for such a small order. Also it would be great if he didn't try to sell you the "absolute" copies, like he said, by using my photos and specifications. Let aside the forwarding of my material to his suppliers in order to get his petty job done!

Anyway... no hard feelings!

But lets cut to the gist...

As you have already understood I am the eBay seller offering the badges.
    I have already produced a number of sets solely because there was no manufacturer who would make a single copy, which are perfect by all means (a couple of members here that have already bought them can guarantee that)
    Also there are already some Alain Oreille owners across europe that were not biased or over-suspicious and bought the badges who are still contacting me either to express their satisfaction or to order a back up set (you can read their feedback comments in eBay)
    The price for a single set is half of the original one.
    There are also open listings offering the badges via auction at a lower price.
    Group buy discounts are welcome but are limited in reasonable offers and SOLELY to serious Alain Oreille owners.

Believe me, I really hope that the set offered here at the price of 6 pounds (including p+p) would meet everyones expectations and is indeed an absolute reproduction and not something that is simply... ok or acceptable.

I really like the fact that there are many of us who struggle for the best for this wonderful car and share our passion. I hope during my visit to the UK we will have the chance to meet and discuss in person our passion.

I am really sorry in case I offended anyone but some posts were way far from common sense, misleading and slandering that it was inevitable to overlook.

Best regards

ps: for what it's worth here is what is left from a 100 piece production...

Last edited by timefuse; 04-02-2009 at 02:46. Reason: correction

Post Thanks / Like

Timefuse? More like short fuse.

Without wishing to boil your p1ss, may I correct you on a few things...

There were 1000 Raider (as it was called here) models produced for the UK market. Fact.

The badges that come from Renault were produced by a third party manufacturer (read local graphics company), so therefore aren't strictly 'genuine' Renault parts as such anyway. That's like saying the dash clocks are genuine, from the factory, Renault items. They aren't.

If a copy is made to be 100% exact from an o.e part, even the geekiest Renaultphile wouldn't notice a difference. Thankfully I don't think there's anyone that anal in the UK anyway.

And if yours are so perfect, and the fact you sell them across Europe, why have you only sold just over 50% of them? (that's a tongue in cheek jibe by the way )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by timefuse View Post
    new Poster! (less Than 10 Posts)

Fact 1:
    2000 Alain Oreille Cars Were Produced Worldwide And Rhd 5's Ones Were Only The 1/5 Of That Figure.
    Fail !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    Timefuse? More like short fuse.

Without wishing to boil your p1ss, may I correct you on a few things...

There were 1000 Raider (as it was called here) models produced for the UK market. Fact.

The badges that come from Renault were produced by a third party manufacturer (read local graphics company), so therefore aren't strictly 'genuine' Renault parts as such anyway. That's like saying the dash clocks are genuine, from the factory, Renault items. They aren't.

If a copy is made to be 100% exact from an o.e part, even the geekiest Renaultphile wouldn't notice a difference. Thankfully I don't think there's anyone that anal in the UK anyway.

And if yours are so perfect, and the fact you sell them across Europe, why have you only sold just over 50% of them? (that's a tongue in cheek jibe by the way )
    First of all Mr Mart you should have skipped the commenting on my alias since this has nothing to do with this conversation and as you said you didn't wish to boil my p1ss...
    I could also write numerous jokes like (K)Mart etc but as I said there is no need for personal comments

I might be wrong about the number of "Raiders" produced for the UK market but this also is not our subject... Some say that there were 500, others 866, etc... so one thing is for sure - renault knows best

What you are pinpointing as a third party manufacturer doesn't mean at all that the parts are not genuine eg: valeo, bendix, marshall ... the term genuine we speak of specifies parts that are available only from renault distributors, parts that you cannot purchase anywhere else than an authorised dealer.

What is sold by now is already beyond any optimistic estimation since we are talking about a part for a car that is becoming extinct... some of their owners though try to do their best to maintain them, rather than selling or breaking them up in order to buy something different. Also have in mind that the first listing was active around 20 days ago...

so... please do me a favour, be more polite the next time you post your thoughts in public, go have fun with your jap and let the "anal" renaultphiles do what they think its best

Post Thanks / Like

Hello to everyone and excuse me if I may sound a little bitter but the circumstances and posts that I have read here are far beyond logical thinking and too misleading.

First of all let me clarify some facts regarding the subject you name as "Raider...
    OK.. After reading all that I still struggle to understand what the fcuk your point is?

Post Thanks / Like

also a quick notice...

my initial post's intention is to share with you how difficult and time consuming is the reproduction we speak of along with some info that I bumped into the last 4 months, while trying to get them done...

Believe me I have no intention or need to advertise any merchandise or even con anyone. As I wrote I only want to help anyone who is in search of replacement badges since I have them in hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps a reword or 2 is in order then for the amount of times you posted 'fact'. If you want to impress us with your knowledge & to strengthen your case, at least get the main facts/points right in the first place.

So because a part comes from a dealership, it's deemed genuinely authentic, whereby if you went to the actual manufacturer & sourced the part that way, it wouldn't be?

My posts are, on the whole, always polite in general. I just have a problem when I also read posts that are 'far beyond logical thinking and too misleading'. More so the misleading bits...oh, and the ironic patronising aspect of them too.

I also own a gtt as well, and my rtoc join date will give a clue to my Renaultphile status...

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

the raider is jus a gt turbo with some colour changes aint it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by d110rkjste View Post

Well, yeh.. it's a limited edition version, with differences such as the colour coded alloy wheels, black carpet, stickers on the doors, and a few others.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by d110rkjste View Post

Yep, colour coded bits and pieces, an alarm as standard and a different stereo unit

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    So because a part comes from a dealership, it's deemed genuinely authentic, whereby if you went to the actual manufacturer & sourced the part that way, it wouldn't be?
    You have got me wrong... Of course it is genuine if you find the actual manufacturer but I guess this is not possible for the badges

Post Thanks / Like

One of the RTOC committee members has an OE sticker badge and before the announcement yesterday by dgdogz had already sent it off so they could exactly replicate it.

The first company he contacted, based on some pictures he sent, offered a price for a 100 badges that worked out to less than £1 each to the RTOC.

They already have done a few samples and are sending them back to us for approval.

timefuse, instead of spending 4 months looking around in Greece(?) maybe you should have phoned up some manufacturers in the UK?

Post Thanks / Like

You have got me wrong... Of course it is genuine if you find the actual manufacturer but I guess this is not possible for the badges
    I guess so, hence the copied ones floating around. And for exactly the same reason why we source alternative after-market parts if they're not available from Renault any more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    timefuse, instead of spending 4 months looking around in Greece(?) maybe you should have phoned up some manufacturers in the UK?
    Ian could you please explain the (?) next to Greece?
    I hope you are not wondering where Greece is... google the term "geography" if so

Post Thanks / Like

I guess this is not possible for the badges
    It took me only an hour or so to find out the story of my 5GTT's unusual sliding sunroof and contact the company who made them.

So it may well be still be possible to find out who made the Raider badges and see if they are still in business.

But an exercise if futility.

I never liked the, IMO, very nasty dirty blue colour nor the black carpet. And I may well have peeled of those stupid badges and binned them. Even just that ridiculous word etched into the rear window may have been a deal breaker. No, if the 'Raider' was the only version of 5GTT that existed I feel sure I'd have bought a different car with a colour that that I liked and that I was happy to be seen in. Just my opinion of course, I know many people prefer them.

I've had my 5GTT since 1992.