Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hows life treating ya???

Life at the moment is proper pony, started smoking again, started to drink loads, broke the gearbag in the five, have a top end rattle, got no where to put the williams so I may have to scrap it, missed out on a mint r5 shell, lost my house where I live and more importantly the garage with it, put my back out and have to move out by this weekend, been off work for three weeks signed off with stress and depression and dont know if I will have a job to go back to and to top it all off split up with my long term girlfriend. My head is proper fcuked I know how Raj feels with the thinking too much, I cant sleep even with the tablets they have given me I only sleep when I pretty much pass out from the drink or tweed, oh and I have lost two stone in body weight.

Hows life treating me, mint

Post Thanks / Like

Im ok, decided to distance myself from most of the people I grew up with, and have been beasting it down the gym and doing martial arts twice a week for the past year or more, so Life was **** its improving now i'm away from the drink and d's, wouldn't mind winning the lottery though..
    Last edited by wrightygtt; 19-02-2009 at 19:20.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raj View Post
    i try to stay busy, i need to be doing something all the time. it is alot harder for example when i go shopping,i get a little twitchy and get hot/flustery. i see someone when im out that i know i get a little nervous. but put me in the same situation at home and you wouldnt really know anything is wrong with me. but it should be like this in all situations at home or not

its a weird illness i find i dont suffer at all when i go over to india and i mean not 1 bit of anxiety or anything,im forever chatting to random villagers and generally having a good time outdoors etc. must be something in this british air
    Its the doom and gloom that is alot of the British mate, more pesamists than optimists in this country, winds me up alot of the time. The media and news dont help.

Trust me, stay busy, really concentrate on positives in life, do more of what you enjoy, whether you think I really cant be arsed, just do it, it WILL get better, I know you love dogs, go out for walks more, dogs are the best!!!. Especially if youve had a crappy day they will always jump up and wag their tail with excitement at you no matter what.

I dont know if your into sports, or excersise, but anything like that will produce natural endorphines, a natrual high, and you will already feel better after smacking a squash ball around a court or whatever.

The more you stay in and think (deeply as you say) the more of a rutt you`ll get stuck in. I know its easy for someone to tell you this, but I have first hand experience as In 1999 I had an 50ft accident off a carpark due to having some mental issues for a couple of years, and basically smashed myself up badly, was put on antidepresents and all sorts of unessecary crap at the time which just delayed the problem and basically caused me too loose any will or strength I had inside me. The most ridiculous thing I could have ever done in my life and anyone that knows me now would think its ridiculous and stupid, altho I have come out of it incredibly strong minded, but at the time, it wasnt me when I look back. Im so against anti depressents because I feel they just delay a problem, although everyone is different, and chemical imbalances obviously need meds.

Altho the road to recovery was, see positives in anything I enjoy, force myself to do activities (was tricky for the first year as I couldnt walk unaided), got back into the car scene, after 5 years got another Renault 11 Turbo thinking id never have a fun car again, but ive got myself to a stage now where im really happy, got a great girlfriend, love life, love my car, busy with work, looking forward to getting a place with the mrs, and getting too big Golden Retrievers before even thinking about kids or marriage, hahaha, and basically dealing with anything and everything that gets thrown at me.

Trust me Raj, things do get better, but my advise is too keep busy as much as you can, get too meets if you can, take the dog out for long walks!!! Watch some good old school action films with Arny, as they are the best!!! but its great news on the Taxi driving, could be an excellent turning point, I wish you the best of luck with that.

Post Thanks / Like

And from one of the nicest blokes i've ever met, that's some heart touching stuff, Sam

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sam M View Post
    Its the doom and gloom that is alot of the British mate, more pesamists than optimists in this country, winds me up alot of the time. The media and news dont help.
    100% totally agree with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sam M View Post

Trust me, stay busy, really concentrate on positives in life, do more of what you enjoy, whether you think I really cant be arsed, just do it, it WILL get better, I know you love dogs, go out for walks more, dogs are the best!!!. Especially if youve had a crappy day they will always jump up and wag their tail with excitement at you no matter what.

I dont know if your into sports, or excersise, but anything like that will produce natural endorphines, a natrual high, and you will already feel better after smacking a squash ball around a court or whatever.

The more you stay in and think (deeply as you say) the more of a rutt you`ll get stuck in. I know its easy for someone to tell you this, but I have first hand experience as In 1999 I had an 50ft accident off a carpark due to having some mental issues for a couple of years, and basically smashed myself up badly, was put on antidepresents and all sorts of unessecary crap at the time which just delayed the problem and basically caused me too loose any will or strength I had inside me. The most ridiculous thing I could have ever done in my life and anyone that knows me now would think its ridiculous and stupid, altho I have come out of it incredibly strong minded, but at the time, it wasnt me when I look back. Im so against anti depressents because I feel they just delay a problem, although everyone is different, and chemical imbalances obviously need meds.

Altho the road to recovery was, see positives in anything I enjoy, force myself to do activities (was tricky for the first year as I couldnt walk unaided), got back into the car scene, after 5 years got another Renault 11 Turbo thinking id never have a fun car again, but ive got myself to a stage now where im really happy, got a great girlfriend, love life, love my car, busy with work, looking forward to getting a place with the mrs, and getting too big Golden Retrievers before even thinking about kids or marriage, hahaha, and basically dealing with anything and everything that gets thrown at me.

Trust me Raj, things do get better, but my advise is too keep busy as much as you can, get too meets if you can, take the dog out for long walks!!! Watch some good old school action films with Arny, as they are the best!!! but its great news on the Taxi driving, could be an excellent turning point, I wish you the best of luck with that.
    thanks mate.
    sounds like you driven from under the dark cloud now glad things are going sweet for you

im at the point where i know i need to get up and do something. its kind of worrying as i have been on medication for 3yrs but around 7months ago i stopped taking all my meds/ anti-deps / anti-anx. and for the past 2 to 3 months i found myself feeling better.maybe its the meds finally out of my system?who knows! before i would feel sluggish and not wanting to do anything whereas now im abit more awake if you like. i dont thing meds are the answer,well not for me anyway.

as for dogs man i lovvve them, i cant live without a dog. mines with me where ever i go. LOL i wake up in the mornings to always find he has squashed his face between my neck and pillow and is snorring his head off lol dogs definately keep my happy he made chris hebden his b1tch when he came round

Post Thanks / Like

Sammy, I just wanna give you a big hug (that's a hand, but imagine 2 of them around your back, then it's a hug lol)

It's a great story of how someone sitting at rock bottom, can turn things right around and be happy. If people didn't know your story Sam, then nobody would have any idea of the pain that you have gone through and dealt with.

Post Thanks / Like

****... i split from my missis and well again im on my tod feeling like a big fat waste of space.

at least this one didnt go off with another man and get preggers then try saying its mine....

and she wonders why im slightly paranoid...

Post Thanks / Like

And what hurts is when all her stuff is gone... it feels so empty

Post Thanks / Like

Awww, I was in that place 9 months ago, things do get better, I promise

Post Thanks / Like

Good mates help alot

Post Thanks / Like

They do indeed Kris, and bowling sessions are good too

Post Thanks / Like

God made my life complete.

Post Thanks / Like

Man its all about the bowling...sorts anything out

Post Thanks / Like

Its amazing what a chat does lol

My previous missus was a complete bitch. I just wasn't 'me' lol

My current, hopefully, probable wife...is the best 'thing' thats ever happened to me lol

Shes a terrible influence...loves me, cuddles me, fights with me, generally an all round super woman !!

She even funds my car habits...forcing me at the moment to buy a megane of the renaultsport variety...what should i do ?!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kris M View Post
    Man its all about the bowling...sorts anything out
    You need a woman to sort you out bruvva.........

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    She even funds my car habits...forcing me at the moment to buy a megane of the renaultsport variety...what should i do ?!!
    Tell her you need to buy a certian sexy white 5...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold View Post
    Tell her you need to buy a certian sexy white 5...
    My Dads paying for that ...MINE MINE MINE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J$£5GTT View Post
    its good...then it went bad..now its back to good
    again,for how long who knows!
    back to bad again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    And what hurts is when all her stuff is gone... it feels so empty
    I know how that feels I have been living here for the past 3 weeks on my own, it feels so **** with her and all her stuff gone. All my mates keep saying just go out and get another one but when I go out im not intrested in chatting or anything else with other women.

Post Thanks / Like

tell ya wot makes the world go around. it aint money... ITS FRENDS ♥
    some touching stuff there guys