I fitted a universal intercooler to my car,here's how i did it.
Tools/parts needed:
Angle grinder with cutting disc & grinding disc
drill & bit
Primer or paint
A couple of bolts to hold the cooler in place
Intercooler
Alloy pipes & silicone
Hands

1st i took the bumper off,there are 4 bolts holding it in place usually,1 on each side on the inner wing,accessable by turning the steering wheel to full lock.The other 2 are usually bolted to the subframe.
Then i offered up the intercooler to see where it fitted & marked this with a scribe/pen.
At this point make sure 100% that it's marked in the correct place,with my bumper i could hold the intercooler & place the bumper on most of the way so's to get an idea of how much i needed to cut away & where.
Now it's time to use the grinder with the cutting disc,in the 1st piccy i have already cut it out but replaced it to show what it looked like,then the 2nd piccy is with what i cut out,the 3rd is a test fit & 4th is with the bumper fitted.

The hoses run along & around the subframe,then the carb side will come up by the alternator & the turbo side up over the gearbox.
I bought a metre of alloy pipe off ebay & cut it to size & used silicone joiners/bends, i think it was 4 90's, a 45, a 90 reducer to turbo & a sraight reducer to the carbtop.
I found some on ebay that did longer legs thatn standard & the helped clear the subframe perfectly.
I'll post a piccy of the finished article & the size of the hoses/pipes/intercooler.

& now with the painted up bumper & bonnet