Post Thanks / Like

Hi again...

Hi all, I've had quite a bit of an absence from the club for a few years, still got my car and a house move has prompted me to get the car out of the garage in preparation to move to new location. Having got the car out and been for a small spin (and prompt telling off from the neighbourhood undercover policeman) It really has made me fall in love with the car again. Even my kids love the car! So I see this now becoming a little family project in which I really want to start on a full bare-metal restomod of the car starting off with an Acid-dip.

I was wondering if anyone can assist in recommending people for the work?
    *For welding there is a guy near me called Gary Chromie of Bridge Body shop who is supposedly superb for welding (halifax)
    *I'm looking for someone to acid dip the shell and possibly regalvanise. I'm wanting to avoid local repairs to the car and just do it properly.
    *For a lot of the restoration work I've heard very good recommendations of Tri-motor.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Thanks again and best wishes to all members old and new!

Ian

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hi again...

How do Mr Brizza

Quote Originally Posted by Brizza View Post
    Hi all, I've had quite a bit of an absence from the club for a few years, still got my car and a house move has prompted me to get the car out of the garage in preparation to move to new location. Having got the car out and been for a small spin (and prompt telling off from the neighbourhood undercover policeman) It really has made me fall in love with the car again. Even my kids love the car! So I see this now becoming a little family project in which I really want to start on a full bare-metal restomod of the car starting off with an Acid-dip.

I was wondering if anyone can assist in recommending people for the work?
    *For welding there is a guy near me called Gary Chromie of Bridge Body shop who is supposedly superb for welding (halifax)
    *I'm looking for someone to acid dip the shell and possibly regalvanise. I'm wanting to avoid local repairs to the car and just do it properly.
    *For a lot of the restoration work I've heard very good recommendations of Tri-motor.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Thanks again and best wishes to all members old and new!

Ian

Post Thanks / Like

I’m in the same situation, stripped the 5 for a second time now and looking to strip the whole shell back to bare metal on a spit. Do a restomod now also. Hardly any welding required though as it was all done before. Just a few little stones left unturned.

I can’t get anyone I’ve asked in the midlands area who wants to do it and my no.1 choice local body shop that has done some great work on classics over the years are too busy. Are you definitely going to acid dip out of interest?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dickiegtt View Post
    I’m in the same situation, stripped the 5 for a second time now and looking to strip the whole shell back to bare metal on a spit. Do a restomod now also. Hardly any welding required though as it was all done before. Just a few little stones left unturned.

I can’t get anyone I’ve asked in the midlands area who wants to do it and my no.1 choice local body shop that has done some great work on classics over the years are too busy. Are you definitely going to acid dip out of interest?
    Yes I think so. Buy once cry once as the saying goes!

Post Thanks / Like

Haha! Brave man!